PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Finally got some free time and started Uncharted 2. First hour of gameplay already had me going OMG. I can't wait to start playing the game online.

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by Battousai701

smh @ boost

dude is gonna need that riot shield when the game comes out

and your gonna need wings for that flow at the end of the month, miss.

roll.gif

Got em.
at first i was like HUH??
eyes.gif

wings? flow? at the end of the month?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I just joined the PS3 club. Question.......anyone ever hack (if that is the right term) into a PS3? Like I want to make it to a media center and put movies init but I am not even sure how to do it. I have a bunch of movies from my iTunes that are MPeg4 format......can I put that on my PS3 somehow?

Any tips would be cool....thanks.

Just drag and drop them into a flash drive and play them through the USB port on ps3. Stream or copy. The pS3 is very video friendly.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I just joined the PS3 club. Question.......anyone ever hack (if that is the right term) into a PS3? Like I want to make it to a media center and put movies in it but I am not even sure how to do it. I have a bunch of movies from my iTunes that are MPeg4 format......can I put that on my PS3 somehow?

Any tips would be cool....thanks.
I can't really help you out, but I know others can.

All I can say is there is no need to hack... it is meant to be a media hub.... as long as you have a router and solid network, it is not hard.

Make sure you have a decent size HD though.

So as of now only the UK is getting the 250GB bundle right?

I know Sony got something up their sleeves and they see that XB360 Bundle with MW2...I know they gonna drop something to match em
nerd.gif

^^^^Well, I have the 120 on the PS3 already but I hear you. All the movies I have are about 1 gig or more. Only leaves so much room to put a bunch of videos.Might add a terabyte later.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Just drag and drop them into a flash drive and play them through the USB port on ps3. Stream or copy. The pS3 is very video friendly.

Can you actually put the movie on a flash drive and then put it in the PS3 and then add it to a video library on the harddrive....or do you have to do like aUSB to firewire to whatever to actually put it on the harddrive?

^^^^Well, I have the 120 on the PS3 already but I hear you. All the movies I have are about 1 gig or more. Only leaves so much room to put a bunch of videos. Might add a terabyte later.

Can you actually put the movie on a flash drive and then put it in the PS3 and then add it to a video library on the harddrive....or do you have to do like a USB to firewire to whatever to actually put it on the harddrive?

Just drag and drop on to the flash drive and then copy it from flash drive to your PS3 hard drive through the XMB. It's very user friendly.

You could also just download PS3 Media Server and not have to use any of the space on your hard drive at all..

Damn so no one else just hooks their laptop to their PS3 with the HD cable to watch movies?
ohwell.gif

And more importantly, whats this about the Media Server? My 30 gig PS3 cant hold more than a couple movies at a time.

^^^^Right on man. That is a big plus seeing how I was going to buy AppleTV and do it that way instead. Now I have the best of both worlds.

Fong, once you get the flash drive in the PS3, you may have to hit the triangle button and click display all for them to show up.

Media server bascially connects your comp and PS3 so you can stream media wirelessly without taking up PS3 HDD room

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

^^^^Well, I have the 120 on the PS3 already but I hear you. All the movies I have are about 1 gig or more. Only leaves so much room to put a bunch of videos. Might add a terabyte later.

Can you actually put the movie on a flash drive and then put it in the PS3 and then add it to a video library on the harddrive....or do you have to do like a USB to firewire to whatever to actually put it on the harddrive?

Just drag and drop on to the flash drive and then copy it from flash drive to your PS3 hard drive through the XMB. It's very user friendly.

You could also just download PS3 Media Server and not have to use any of the space on your hard drive at all..

you can transfer files from ur computer to ps3 wireless

-i've just upgraded my ps3 to 500gb ...just gotta transfer the files ...been lazy
embarassed.gif

With MW2 coming out should I even bother w/ Bad Company 2?

and add me to the list! PSN in the sig.

Yo, Fong. Is your pc and ps3 on the same network? If so you can just download the free version of TVersity and than search for media server via ps3. It shouldpop up anyways though. And then you can access all your computers movies/music and photos without downloading them to your ps3. It's simple as hell shootme a PM if you need any help with it.

Originally Posted by Capo617

Yo, Fong. Is your pc and ps3 on the same network? If so you can just download the free version of TVersity and than search for media server via ps3. It should pop up anyways though. And then you can access all your computers movies/music and photos without downloading them to your ps3. It's simple as hell shoot me a PM if you need any help with it.

Well I just moved in to a new apartment so I have no internet as of yet but I plan on getting within the next couple of weeks. Seems like this is just AppleTV, which I am so glad I didn't buy now. I have 500 gigs on my computer so I would rather just stream it all to the PS3 and leave the hard drive space forother stuff.

Oh....not to get in that PC vs Mac war, but does that matter? I am have a iMac but I assuming since this is just a networking thing that it doesn't reallymatter.

So guys...

My headset finally kicked the bucket after more than a few thousand hours worth of use.

I am looking for a new one... any recommendations?

I prefer wired... Bluetooth is irritating to me.
laugh.gif
I just read a reviewon the P21 and it was garbage.

One more question with the PS3 since it has been bothering the crap out of me. What kind of HDMI cables are you guys using? I got some semi cheap ones at BestBuy and I didn't read the box right but it says it has a cap on it's refresh rate and only reads at max 60hz. Does it really matter on games with thewhole HDMI cables and what to use? I read everywhere that generic cables are the way to go cause they are all the same but when I watched a Blu-Ray movie lastnight, it didn't seem to flow as nice as some of the other LCDs that I seen at Best Buy.

One more question with the PS3 since it has been bothering the crap out of me. What kind of HDMI cables are you guys using? I got some semi cheap ones at Best Buy and I didn't read the box right but it says it has a cap on it's refresh rate and only reads at max 60hz. Does it really matter on games with the whole HDMI cables and what to use? I read everywhere that generic cables are the way to go cause they are all the same but when I watched a Blu-Ray movie last night, it didn't seem to flow as nice as some of the other LCDs that I seen at Best Buy.
u might have too calibrate your TV ....AVSforums for that my man ....ur HDMI cable is fine ...

btw, what TV u got again? 120hz? if so did u turn it too high?

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

One more question with the PS3 since it has been bothering the crap out of me. What kind of HDMI cables are you guys using? I got some semi cheap ones at Best Buy and I didn't read the box right but it says it has a cap on it's refresh rate and only reads at max 60hz. Does it really matter on games with the whole HDMI cables and what to use? I read everywhere that generic cables are the way to go cause they are all the same but when I watched a Blu-Ray movie last night, it didn't seem to flow as nice as some of the other LCDs that I seen at Best Buy.
u might have too calibrate your TV ....AVSforums for that my man ....ur HDMI cable is fine ...

btw, what TV u got again? 120hz? if so did u turn it too high?

Man...that was something I definitely didn't do. I had some guys at Best Buy trying to sell that service to me but I figured it was like anything else. ButI am pretty new to this whole technology. I just came from a PS2 and an old tube TV. I guess that is the next thing I have to look into is calibrating it.

And I have a 46" Samsung LCD TV....with 120hz, but the PS3 displays my Blurays in 60hz even though I have it on 120hz and in clear mode or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom