PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

how does that psn deal work? im not really able to get anything free right now

The Welcome Back package isn't available yet.

I was finally able to redeem my PSN card code,  my Mortal Kombat Klassic Reptile costume code, and my LA Noire Broderick Suit and Consul Case codes.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Damn I can't wait until I get dirt 3
Really fun game. A little repetitive near the end, but Gymkhana is so much fun. Didnt get to try online at all.

so how long we got to wait for this welcome back package? another month? I would like my free infamous and then maybe ill buy the new crappy one

PS store back up??
1305323_o.gif

From IGN/Gamespy

[h1]Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception Collector's Edition, Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed[/h1]
By Mike Sharkey | Jun 2, 2011
See what you can get for $99.

Naughty Dog is giving gamers new ways to show off their love for all things Uncharted thanks to some unique items in the collector's edition of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

Our friends at IGN discovered the $99 collector's edition will come packed in a branded Traveling Chest which contains the game in a steelbook case, a Sideshow Collectibles Nathan Drake Statue, and wearable replica's of Drake's lucky horseshoe belt buckle and ring/necklace.

uncharted3ce%281%29_1307038027.jpg

Rumors of a special edition of the Uncharted 3, containing all of the above as well as the game's soundtrack and an art-of-the-game book, along with various in-game goodies, are also making the rounds, though Naughty Dog has yet to make an official announcement.

And if the collector's edition is enough to get you reaching for your wallet to pre-order the game, retailers have revealed the bonuses they'll include if you pick up Uncharted 3 early:

Best Buy - Regeneration Booster
Allows you to "boost your healing power to recover from your wounds more quickly."

Amazon.com - Carpet Bomb Kickback
Allows you to "send out three grenades with a single throw to blanket your opponent – or take out a group of opponents – with multiple explosions."

Amazon.com – Clip Size Mod for Para 9 or G-MAL
Allows you to increase the size of the bullet clip for your weapon of choice and "spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload."

GameStop - Creepy Crawler Kickback
Allows you to "turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies."

Wal-Mart - Callout Mod for AK-47
Allows you to "equip your AK-47 with a laser sight that enables your entire team to see the location of the opponent you are currently targeting."

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a PlayStation 3 exclusive. The games is scheduled for release on November 1.

line.gif

spy.jpg
Sharkey says: Not a bad collector's edition. But is it enough to make you fork over $100? And as for the pre-order bonuses, I'd say GameStop has the edge here with the Creepy Crawler. Nobody likes getting attacked by swarms of insects, not even in video games.

I think the boosters are early access rather than exclusive, similar to UC2..

FFXIII-2 screens look interesting. I think i they're fighting in a town in one of those screens. Day 1 for sure

Speaking of Uncharted, Now i'm pumped for E3

WHERE IS OUR ZOMBIES! hahah It's back up and I am already complaining...

but really I want my call of duty dlc already.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

Summer gaming, man....
30t6p3b.gif

Went and rented Megamind and Cars: Race O Rama.

Two more plats, coming up. 
embarassed.gif

I told myself I would never do this....
If anyone starts to get close in trophy numbers, I'd probably consider it. 
laugh.gif

Cloud Gaming Confirmed

Futuristic anti-grav racer Wipeout is a great fit for portables. It was a launch title for the original Playstation Portable and it looks like the latest iteration will be a launch title for the NGP.

Wipeout 2048
offers smooth controls and liquid fast graphics as you zip around the game's multi-tiered tracks against up to 8 players on ten new maps. The game also includes all the maps from the Playstation 3's Wipeout HD and supports cross-platform racing, something I was able to test during last month's NGP event.
NGP in hand, I raced against a gamer playing on a Playstation 3 set up on a television directly in front of me, so I could see that there was no slow down or issues with the cross-platform competition.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to check out two of the most NGP-centric additions to this Wipeout: The game's ability to use touch or voice-activated controls.

The game will also feature new modes, a new campaign, cooperative missions, challenges and leaderboards,

http://uk.kotaku.com/5805971/wipeout-2048-delivers-voice-control-ps3-competition-to-the-ngp

1302918014522.jpg

This to me is what takes the NGP to a whole new level.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Summer gaming, man....
30t6p3b.gif

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
I'm just trying to support my local video store
laugh.gif

But for real, if my Rogers Plus has 'em, I'll rent 'em. If other trophy @*@$+* are getting plats off these easy games, why not me, too?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
[h1]E3 2011: Metal Gear, Zone of the Enders HD Collections[/h1][h2]They're real and packing save file 'Transfarring.'[/h2][h2]June 2, 2011[/h2]

It's a very good day to be a Konami fan. Today as part of its pre-E3 conference, Konami announced the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and the Zone of the Enders HD Collection

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will contain Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The Zone of the Enders HD Collection will pack Zone of Enders and Zone of the Enders 2. Both collections have been optimized and rebuilt for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with new user interfaces for the HD resolutions, redrawn art, brand new Trophies/Achievements, right analog stick and rumble support, and improved audio. 

Metal Gear overlord Hideo Kojima pointed out that while Peace Walker is part of the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, it is not part of the PSP Remaster series. 

Another feature both collections support is Kojima's new "lifestyle" called "Transfarring." That is not a typo -- Transfarring. Using this system, PlayStation players can have one save that works with PS3 and PSP copies of certain games. Konami announced Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as the first (and so far only) Transfarring capable title. Start your Peace Walker game on the PS3, copy the save to the PSP, play on the go, and then copy it back to the PS3 to pick up where you left off. 

No word was given as to what would happen if you earned a Trophy while using the PSP (a system which doesn't support Trophies). Also, the Zone of the Enders HD Collection is said to support Transfarring, but no PSP versions of these games were announced. Kojima said that he was looking to bring Tranfarring to the NGP, so perhaps that is where we'll see the ZOE plan come together. 

The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection will be available this November, while the Zone of the Enders HD Collection will be coming in 2012

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Both collections have been optimized and rebuilt for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with new user interfaces for the HD resolutions, redrawn art, brand new Trophies/Achievements, right analog stick and rumble support, and improved audio.

no substance, subsistence, or MGS1
ohwell.gif

1 was probably too ugly to remaster
frown.gif

MGS HD collection sounds nice and all....But whats taking MGS: Rising sooooo long? I hope they preview something at E3.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Summer gaming, man....
30t6p3b.gif

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif
I'm just trying to support my local video store
laugh.gif

But for real, if my Rogers Plus has 'em, I'll rent 'em. If other trophy @*@$+* are getting plats off these easy games, why not me, too?

Haha at one point i wanted to pass chris, but then one morning i woke up and he was beating me by 500 trophies (it seemed like it happened overnight haha). I was going to rent megamind ( 2 hour platinum
pimp.gif
) but Blockbuster does not seem to know anything about it.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Its on the 360 too?? 
grin.gif

a few years ago i remember don mattrick (?) of xbox saying "thank you kojima for finally bringing solid snake to the xbox" and kojima responded something like "i never said anything about solid snake"

its funny cause solid snake isnt playable in any of these other than the tanker incident
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Personally, Snake Eater is my favorite
laugh.gif

same here except the subsistence version

i was already going to buy an NGP (#+!+ its new name) but all this cross gaming just keeps on making it better... so far its been announced for wipeout, hustlekings.... for a second i though HD peace walker would have it but i guess not
ohwell.gif

Finally the PS Store is running more smoothly now. Time to download the new cases for LA Noire
pimp.gif

Finally HD remakes of MGS. I wish they included the first mgs. Now I can stop playing subsistence. Come winter break, running through each one.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom