PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via revolt-tech.com

Massive GTA V Leak: Characters
Casting-GTA.png

Naturally, the name of the production and any revealing factors are not given away at this time, but we can hope for an announcement soon. Revolt-Tech.com will keep you fully updated on anything else we uncover

there is speculation these are all mostly radio voice over characters....which means rockstar is in the final stages of the game.
pimp.gif

I'll give my SOCOM code away too!

HN6G-T3N2-E5FE

Hopefully a NT'er utilizes it & not an outside thread lurker...

PO

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

How is the SOCOM Beta?
It seems ok. But it's definitely a bit slow. I'm not even talking about the pace of the game. But I mean character movement in general is just pretty slow. I played SOCOM and then switched to KZ3 and shook my head at how much faster Killzone is overall. I mean, I know it's a beta. But the slower speed certainly takes some getting used to.

The control scheme is a bit confusing and the graphics weren't impressive to me. Again, I know it's a beta.

Things I liked:
- dancing after I killed someone
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- the rag-doll mechanics after some of the deaths (I saw a dead body drop from the top railing right in front of me)
- the nod to previous SOCOM games ("cover me!", "man down!", etc)
- tons of stats

It's alright. And I could see if you put the time in, you'll be rewarded with a more fun experience. But I'd like to see a more polished game.

Wed, Mar 30, 2011 | 14:26 BST
[h1]Canceled Square game Project Dropship sees light of day[/h1]
Conceptart and a playable build video pertaining to a canceled digital gamefrom Square Enix called Project Dropship has popped up online.

projectdropship.jpg

Crystal Chronicles creator Fumiaki Shiraishi was heading the project at the firm’s L.A. studio, and it was to be released on both PSN and XBL.

The art leaked on the top-down shooter shows it had a bit of asteampunk flair to it. In one shot, the character reminds us of a crossbetween a pirate and miner from the old west days. There’s alsocharacter renders for a robot, a gal and a hulking fella posted below.

Siliconrea also got its hands on a short video showing the game was at least partially playable at one point and time.

It’s a shame it was canned really, because from what we can tell, it looked kinda cool.

Thanks, StolenGlory.

Wed, Mar 30, 2011 | 04:26 BST
[h1]Rumour: Mortal Kombat to employ online pass system[/h1]
Anemail purportedly received from Warner Bros. has revealed the publishermay jump on the online pass bandwagon – but isn’t advertising the fact.

20110330wbie.jpg

Joystiq got its hands on an email which appears to be a communication from the publisher to retailers.

The email details an online pass code included as an insert with newcopies of the game, which will cost around $10 if purchased separately.

Players with a second-hand copy and therefore without a code willapparently get a free two day trial on online multiplayer before beingasked to pony up 800 MS Points or $9.99 on Xbox Live or the PlayStationNetwork respectively.

Joystiq reports the email goes on to explain that the online passwon’t be featured on the game’s packaging or advertising materials, andthat both F.E.A.R. 3 and Batman: Arkham City will sport a similar passsystem.

In the single-player only Arkham City’s case, the pass is thought to give access to premium content of some description.

We’ve asked Warner Bros. for comment. EA and THQ each employ online pass systems for major releases.

Mortal Kombat releases in mid April for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

sick.gif
indifferent.gif
@ having to dl socom then a patch then 1500 mb of updates
exactly...i didnt do it  
laugh.gif

my gripes with Socom so far

Lag everytime i respawn theres a 2 sec black screen then i spawn

hit detection is off

when you have a reflex site on your AR click R3 to get you to that kinda first person reticle

zoom out and you have your aiming circle when you zoom back in your red dot on your AR 

will be 2-3 inches lower from where your aiming circle was at !@#$ with your aim

turning radius and player movement is not sensitive enough 

good.

i like watching a dude doing a victory dance melee dude and proceed to do my own victory dance

variety of wep choice shotguns and smg secondaries
pimp.gif

no perks is good simple,comes down to how quick and how accurate you are like COD 2 and 3

killstreaks are pretty balance like COD4

the two maps are nicely built pretty much 2 medium-big size maps nice balance

picking your own character

but 3rd person tho 
sick.gif
 not a big fan

To those who have played it, what are your impressions/thoughts of Mafia II?

Amazon has it for $15 right now and I was thinking of getting it.

Don't know if there's any fans here, but I thought I'd share this video here anyway since Portal 2 is coming out soon. this vid is
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone else getting it?

Valve has some other
laugh.gif
videos, especially the TF2 vids.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

I enjoyed it. The missions dont have a ton of variety, but the storyline is so good (and a time period that interests me) I played it through.
Also, pretty easy Platinum trophy if you care (30-35 hours)

Its alot like any sandbox game, though. (GTA4, The Saboteur, ect).

Portal 2 will be copped, dunno if it'll be for PS3 or PC though.

Chris, you tryna play some Crysis? I'll jump on right now.

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

You ain't heard?

http://www.destructoid.com/buy-portal-2-ps3-get-pc-mac-version-free-steam-support-191930.phtml

Buy Portal 2 PS3, get PC/Mac version free & Steam support
1:00 AM on 01.18.2011 | Hamza CTZ Aziz130 comments

#Apple #First-person shooter #PC #Portal #PS3 #Steam #top stories #Valve

Valve has announced that the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 will feature Steam functionality. This is the first time Steam has ever appeared on a console, and this will also be the first time that PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to play with PC or Mac gamers. Along with cross-platform multiplayer, we can expect persistent cloud-based storage for PS3 save games and cross-platform chat. (To clarify, "cross-platform" in this context means PS3-PC/Mac, not PS3-360.)

On top of that, anyone who buys Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 will be able to unlock a Steam Play copy of Portal 2 for the PC and Mac for free by linking their PSN and Steam accounts. Portal 2 project lead Josh Weier explains that Valve has designed the cross-platform experience to be hassle-free: "PS3 gamers will be able to simply drop the Blu-ray disc in the PS3, link to their Steam account from inside the game, and all their Steam friends (on PC and Mac) will be visible and accessible for chat and game invites."

Back at E3 2010, Gabe Newell promised that the PlayStation 3 version would be the best console version, and now we know what exactly he meant. Newell went on to say, along with today's announcement, that Valve hopes "to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."

Portal 2, one of our most anticipated PS3 games of 2011, will be out for PS3, 360, PC, and Mac in April.

For $15 it's worth it. Story is pretty 
pimp.gif

Might want to hold off though and see how much the new director's cut version which I think has all of the extra DLC packs they put out.

Originally Posted by swendro88

You ain't heard?

http://www.destructoid.com/buy-portal-2-ps3-get-pc-mac-version-free-steam-support-191930.phtml

Valve has announced that the PlayStation 3 version of Portal 2 will feature Steam functionality. This is the first time Steam has ever appeared on a console, and this will also be the first time that PlayStation 3 gamers will be able to play with PC or Mac gamers. Along with cross-platform multiplayer, we can expect persistent cloud-based storage for PS3 save games and cross-platform chat. (To clarify, "cross-platform" in this context means PS3-PC/Mac, not PS3-360.)

On top of that, anyone who buys Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 will be able to unlock a Steam Play copy of Portal 2 for the PC and Mac for free by linking their PSN and Steam accounts. Portal 2 project lead Josh Weier explains that Valve has designed the cross-platform experience to be hassle-free: "PS3 gamers will be able to simply drop the Blu-ray disc in the PS3, link to their Steam account from inside the game, and all their Steam friends (on PC and Mac) will be visible and accessible for chat and game invites."

Back at E3 2010, Gabe Newell promised that the PlayStation 3 version would be the best console version, and now we know what exactly he meant. Newell went on to say, along with today's announcement, that Valve hopes "to expand upon the foundation being laid in Portal 2 with more Steam features and functionality in DLC and future content releases."

Portal 2, one of our most anticipated PS3 games of 2011, will be out for PS3, 360, PC, and Mac in April.

Yup and amazon has it for $54 and you get $20 future credit, no state sales tax, and 99 cent release date delivery.
Amazon product ASIN B003O6E3C8

Originally Posted by MR J 858

For $15 it's worth it. Story is pretty 
pimp.gif

Might want to hold off though and see how much the new director's cut version which I think has all of the extra DLC packs they put out.

this story is nice DLC was lacking easy trophys alot of driving tho i spent half the game driving around 
looking for a convertible so i could stunt only to find out you get one at the end of a certain mission 
laugh.gif

eh my character was fly ties up the first Mafia game aswell

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by swendro88

You ain't heard?

Yup and amazon has it for $54 and you get $20 future credit, no state sales tax, and 99 cent release date delivery.
Amazon product ASIN B003O6E3C8
Already have mine fully paid off. A lot of my friends are getting the ps3 version so they can get the free PC version and play at work while I play at home. It helps that they all run companies and can actually do that without getting in trouble.
laugh.gif

I'm gonna install it on my laptop so i can play at school with my friends on the PSN while waiting between classes.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

I can't wait to play multiplayer.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom