PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Sony conference was solid I think..plenty in-game footage rather than just pretty trailers. Tons of news & clarifications:

from playstationlifestyle.net
[h1]PSN+ Announced, First 3 Months Free, Priced, Tons of Content[/h1]

06/15/2010 Written by Dan Massi

E3-2010.jpg

In the most expected reveal of Sony’s E3 conference, the company announced the arrival of a premium service for the PSN, appropriately titled PSN+.

As it has already been known, the new service will not hinder online play for PS3 owners who wish not to pay. The service will include new features such as a streaming music application, which can play music while playing your favorite titles. Subscribers will also be able to receive one free PSN title a month. Not only will subscribers be able to get access to exclusive betas and demos, but also free, premium content such as free avatars, DLC and games. Additionally, discounts can and will be put on typical content found in the PSN Store.

However, once your subscription ends, the content cannot be played. The content is tied to your subscription.

The price is $49.99 / YEAR. Additionally,

*Jack mentioned 3mo was $17.99...

[h1]Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Announced, Fully 3D[/h1]

06/15/2010 Written by Zak Islam

E3-GT5-.png

Despite Gran Turismo 5 only getting delayed once for Japan, there is no denying is that Polyphony Digital’s hotly anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive  has become synonymous with the words  “soon

*double

from thegameraccess.com
[h2]PS3 Firmware 3.40 Revealed [/h2]
Tuesday, 15 June 2010 17:13 Nick McCandless

After reading through a couple press releases, I found something very interesting in the PlayStation Plus press release. At the bottom of this press release it says:

"PlayStation users can purchase PlayStation Plus membership through PlayStation Store on PS3 only. Users need to install PS3 system software version 3.40, which will be released on June 22nd, to enjoy PlayStation Plus."

So it looks like PS3 owners will be receiving a new PS3 firmware update June 22nd. It would also make sense that this would be the update which would include cross-game chat.

On Sony's official Portugese website, this is written:

"Cross-game Voice Chat: invite your friends to chat online no matter what game you're all playing, even if they aren't members of PlayStation Plus."

Official PS+ site up here

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

anybody downloaded the NCAA 11 demo? idk if its just me, but there was NO sound at all in the demo. and mind you, my volume is up because i was watchin tv in between.

I read about this happening in another forum. Try shutting off then turning on your PS3, if that doesn't work you might have to download it.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Any news on InFamous 2 yet?~

New character, new powers (looked more icey than lightening..). Takes place in the city, not sure if it's the same oen from the first game. Looked similar..

from PSblog
[h1]This Changes Everything: PlayStation Move Available September 19, 2010[/h1]
Posted by John Koller // Director, Hardware Marketing

Hi everyone! It’s a big day for PlayStation as today we unveiled an unparalleled software lineup, a premium extension to the PlayStation Network called PlayStation Plus and huge momentum on the hardware front with 3D gaming and PlayStation Move, at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles. With the launch of the world’s first 1:1 motion gaming platform for the PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation Move, in North America on September 19, 2010, this truly changes everything. Never before has a player been able to “become

Seeing Gabe Newell @ the Sony conference was shocking indeed..

from joystiq.com
[h1]Portal 2 heading to PlayStation 3 with Steam Cloud support[/h1]
by Ben Gilbert on Jun 15th 2010 4:33PM

thebonezone-1276633834.jpg

Wait, what? Yep, we're just as confused as you are, but Gabe Newell himself announced Portal 2 heading to PS3 with some form of Steam Cloud support in-tow. Weirder? He claims the "best version" will arrive on Sony's console. We've got about a million questions to ask and we'll be putting them to Valve this week, so keep an eye out.

Oh, and also, there's a really fantastic trailer that we'll be grabbing for you as soon as possible. Sorry about the tease, but we felt you should know.

Update: Valve has sent along a press release confirming Steamworks integration in the PS3 version -- the only console version featuring that functionality, actually -- providing the game with "auto updates, community features, downloadable content, and more."http://

<3 Steam..

Mentioned Dead Space:E coming to PSN but just for confirmation..
[h1]Dead Space 2 comes with Move-based Extraction on PS3[/h1]
by Griffin McElroy on Jun 15th 2010 4:29PM

dead-space-2-jan-25-530px.jpg

The Dead Space 2 presentation during Sony's E3 press conference brought with it a fairly pleasant surprise -- the PS3 version of the game will come with a port of the Wii rail-shooter, Dead Space: Extraction, now with PlayStation Move support. We're not sure what kinds of upgrades the game's visuals will be subjected to, but this might just influence our decision when it comes time to decide which platform to purchase the spacey sequel upon.http://

2011 for both games..

Oooohhhh cant wait for Driver: San Fransisco. Driver 3 was dope. I spent a lot of time running around the city with my Mac10 causing havoc.

Anywhere I can watch the InFamous 2 trailer?

Also, Cole is in a new city similar to New Orleans. He is there because that is where the First Sons are and is looking to gain more power.~

Portal was a real joy to play.

Portal 2 looks to be just as sick.

I'ma buy it for PC, though. I don't know if the actions required in that game can be done well on console.

I own the Orange Box, maybe I should test it out.

is infamous 1 worth getting? looks pretty repetitive. im about to return bioshock 2 for that and gta 4.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Any news on InFamous 2 yet?~
They had a pretty sick trailer during the press conference.

I think it said 2011...
hey thebadreligion u gon get final fantasy ix cus we can play wit each other.... on multiplayer.

943168019d1240763972-sourcebans-facepalm21.jpg

eyes.gif

Anyway, I copped.

FFIX > your favorite RPG

Playing on PSP is going to be awesome.

I don't know about the game you guys have been working on Hybrid. I guess I'd have to see the actual gameplay.

But Twisted Metal is a def cop. I'm also tempted by that DS because of Donkey Kong and all the memories of my childhood. And that new Xbox actually looks nice.

Back
Top Bottom