Pot thought of the day......Will Science Wipe Out Religion?

If you think about how important religion was compared to science 100 yrs ago science was out weighed by far. With evolution being taught in school bookswith no mention of any type of God besides the Greek ones how long before science rules out any ones hope of a God?

I ask this because my grandma always spits the real and this is just 1 of the things that got me thinking today while
pimp.gif
. Scary thing is that this is part of the Anti-Christ rising. No he wont be herein our life time or even our great great grandchildren but this does sound like the beginning of the end.

Since when was science and religion the opposite? Science coincides with religion. As long as there is the unknown of death, religion aint going nowhere.

kix4kix wrote:
Since when was science and religion the opposite? Science coincides with religion. As long as there is the unknown of death, religion aint going nowhere.

Religions all have an afterlife... science doesn't.

P.S. Science puts trust in man and religion puts trust in God

It seems like there are far less confirmed "miracles" than there were a few hundred years ago.

The 'science' behind Climate Change has become the religion of the left. Not a stretch to see traditional religion dying down.
Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

As a long as there are people who need that clutch, religion will continue to exist.

0,0,13,20490,574,504,039667eb.jpg

i dont think science will ever rid religion, but they will work mutually together. word up to the bahai faith!

haven't scientists proven that God didn't create the Solar System? last time i checked people were still goin to church, so no it won't

Science isn't based on anything that can't be proven so until science is able to provide explanations for every unexplainable occurrence in life,religion will always exist.

Originally Posted by eghckk

Science isn't based on anything that can't be proven so until science is able to provide explanations for every unexplainable occurrence in life, religion will always exist.

Definitely not.
Science doesn't contain that "personal" element that religion has because there is no room for it when dealing with proven FACTS (those that havebeen proven and not theories).If something is proven to be fact,then that automatically nullifies any personal feelings or opinions in which organized religionis based heavily on.

No disrespect to anyone.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

haven't scientists proven that God didn't create the Solar System? last time i checked people were still goin to church, so no it won't

So they say... buts that not the the point I'm trying to make maybe i should have worded myself better. I was taught God when I was young, these nextgenerations will be taught evolution and science therefore somewhere down the line the science of evolution will be a standard known fact like apples grow ontrees.

Originally Posted by 51and3rd

If you think about how important religion was compared to science 100 yrs ago science was out weighed by far. With evolution being taught in school books with no mention of any type of God besides the Greek ones how long before science rules out any ones hope of a God?

I ask this because my grandma always spits the real and this is just 1 of the things that got me thinking today while
pimp.gif
. Scary thing is that this is part of the Anti-Christ rising. No he wont be here in our life time or even our great great grandchildren but this does sound like the
smokin.gif
beginning of the end.
Of course...you know why? Because science is usually the truth

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by eghckk

Science isn't based on anything that can't be proven so until science is able to provide explanations for every unexplainable occurrence in life, religion will always exist.

Science doesn't offer an answer to the "WHY".... only the "HOW", and therefore.... people will continue to be religious.

Originally Posted by spiffydeezy

If you think about how important religion was compared to science 100 yrs ago science was out weighed by far. With evolution being taught in school books with no mention of any type of God besides the Greek ones how long before science rules out any ones hope of a God?

pimp.gif
. Scary thing is that this is part of the Anti-Christ rising. No he wont be here in our life time or even our great great grandchildren but this does sound like the
smokin.gif
beginning of the end.
Of course...you know why? Because science is usually the truth
How many scientific laws are there? If you want to be technical, those are the only real TRUTHS in science. Theories and hypotheses remaineducated predictions/observations. If I'm not mistaken, there are only a few scientific laws (gravity, relativity, etc.)

Originally Posted by SSgochin

haven't scientists proven that God didn't create the Solar System?

elaborate please.

the big bang millions of years ago created a huge explosion which in turn created asteriods which clumped together and form all of the rocky planets andgasious planets' cores

So they say... buts that not the the point I'm trying to make maybe i should have worded myself better. I was taught God when I was young, these next generations will be taught evolution and science therefore somewhere down the line the science of evolution will be a standard known fact like apples grow on trees.

i hope the more is made known now will be passed on as common knowledge. but what im saying is that there still will be religion and still be Science to showthat certain parts of religion is incorrect, which is where i fall in.

Back
Top Bottom