Pot thought of the day......Will Science Wipe Out Religion?

Originally Posted by NYMVP

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by eghckk

Science isn't based on anything that can't be proven so until science is able to provide explanations for every unexplainable occurrence in life, religion will always exist.
So, science has to provide all the answers, to all the questions in the Universe for people to believe otherwise?
eyes.gif

Yet you and others like you, will blindly follow a "God" that has no answers for anything, and doesn't even acknowledge your existence.

judeezy36 wrote:
spiffydeezy wrote:
51and3rd wrote:
If you think about how important religion was compared to science 100 yrs ago science was out weighed by far. With evolution being taught in school books with no mention of any type of God besides the Greek ones how long before science rules out any ones hope of a God?

I ask this because my grandma always spits the real and this is just 1 of the things that got me thinking today while
pimp.gif
. Scary thing is that this is part of the Anti-Christ rising. No he wont be here in our life time or even our great great grandchildren but this does sound like the
smokin.gif
beginning of the end.

Of course...you know why? Because science is usually the truth

How many scientific laws are there? If you want to be technical, those are the only real TRUTHS in science. Theories and hypotheses remain educated predictions/observations. If I'm not mistaken, there are only a few scientific laws (gravity, relativity, etc.)

So true, but they are being portrayed as fact and I think thru the ages it will probably become the most accepted theory when it comes to our originseliminating religion and beliefs in a God.

Im Soooo Hungry wrote:
NYMVP wrote:
Halftime718 wrote:
eghckk wrote:
Science isn't based on anything that can't be proven so until science is able to provide explanations for every unexplainable occurrence in life, religion will always exist.

So, science has to provide all the answers, to all the questions in the Universe for people to believe otherwise?
eyes.gif

Yet you and others like you, will blindly follow a "God" that has no answers for anything, and doesn't even acknowledge your existence.

I didn't want this to turn into a believers vs. non believers war.

I don't believe so although I think the influence of each will fluctuate over time. In the past religion was a dominant force whereas today science isgrowing in influence. We may reach a point where science is trusted by the great majority of humanity with only small segments of society following religionbut neither will ever flicker out. I've always been more of a science guy myself and have frequently questioned the point of religion and even belittledthose who are devout religious followers. But my apocalyptic literature class this fall made me see that both science and religion both have a role to play insociety and that neither will ever be wiped out.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Originally Posted by eghckk

Let's replace religion here with the ability to wonder and make stuff up. Science calls that hypothesizing or theory when they reason out explainations forphenomena. Religion calls it fact.

I wish. But unfortunately, no because peoples' faith deludes them so much
and because any anti-religion thing is considered offensive while religious things/symbols aren't, so basically society accepts religion and lots of peoplethink non-religious=immoral

The way I see it they're both trying to solve the same problem using contemporary/supplementary methods .. The biggest difference is that religion iseasier to manipulate because of its esoteric nature ... but the same can be said of science since meaning must be given to all the empirical data
The problem is it's easier to manipulate them and the masses as a whole if you set them against each other instead of using them as the counterparts thatthey truly are ..... Think of it as siblings hating each other

Back
Top Bottom