POST YOUR WATCHES vol. ?

heres my prc-200.. love it but want something bigger..

follow me #NT fam on IG for follow back!! http://www.instagram.com/QUACKSONQUACKS

What are people thoughts on the Steinhart Pilots the 44mm Nav B Uhr A-dial and B-dial watches? I want to get a classic looking Pilot (no logo/brand) watch but with a more modern size around 44-45mm something with wrist presence for my 6.75" wrist. The reason why I am liking the Steinhart is that it has the size I want around 44-45mm with the price range I am comfortable in under $500 new and can even be had for under $400 used on watch forums. I would like getting the Stowa but the price range of $800 per watch is too much for me to pay, especially since I want to get both the a-dial and b-dial, plus the size is a tad smaller. Plus I really don't care too much for the history of the watch, especially since the brand is a re-boot of the original watch company. I am just asking how is the quality of their pilots? Are they worth the $500 price tag.

^Steinharts are arguably the best bang for your buck in the $500 to $700 range. You spend time on the watch forums, I thought you would know that.

^Steinharts are arguably the best bang for your buck in the $500 to $700 range. You spend time on the watch forums, I thought you would know that.

I know Steinharts are quality but I was asking what people thought about the Pilots and was wondering if the $300-400 price difference was worth the upgrade to a Laco or Stowa in terms of quality. Like I said before, history doesn't mean much to me for pilots as most are re-incarnations of their former selves plus most of the pilots have sterile dials.

I've been looking through this thread and seeing alot of amazing watches but of course they're all out of my price range.  Any recommendations on an everyday watch for around $100-$150?

just graduated law school, so I'm in the market for a decent timepiece.  Looking to keep the price under $400.  Would like a brown leather band.  Please point me in the right direction, NT. 

just graduated law school, so I'm in the market for a decent timepiece.  Looking to keep the price under $400.  Would like a brown leather band.  Please point me in the right direction, NT. 
Can't really go wrong with a Seiko or Tissot. Both great quality for under $400.

Thinking about adding a Gucci watch to my collection. Anybody own a Gucci watch and/or have a review?

Can't really go wrong with a Seiko or Tissot. Both great quality for under $400.

If your not a stickler about your time piece being automatic (which can be a ***** if you don't wear it consistently) then do what I did and get the Tissot prc 200 - white face w/ brown leather band. A really nice watch for the price and I def got a bunch of compliments when i'm wearing it. Goes well with a casual business look and when going out at night to a nice restaurant or entertaining people from your job.

Thinking about adding a Gucci watch to my collection. Anybody own a Gucci watch and/or have a review?

They are decent and you are mostly paying for the brand and name of the watch, not the movement. Quality is good, not great but it isn't going to fall apart within a year. When ti comes to designer watches, it is up there in ranking with the others.

Speaking of designer watches, I really want to give Burberry Britain a shot, with an actual auto movement that isn't made bu Fossil. Style is like a mix of Panerai and APROO.

Last edited:
i have no clue how to open the back...lol but there is a 3 digit number engraved in the back, i punched that in and it came back as the DeVille, however google images comes up with different models, some with the date box, others with roman numerals, others with just dashes, but i dont see this one.....i also see a deville very similar to this one going for almost 8k on ebay :lol:

i have no clue how to open the back...lol but there is a 3 digit number engraved in the back, i punched that in and it came back as the DeVille, however google images comes up with different models, some with the date box, others with roman numerals, others with just dashes, but i dont see this one.....i also see a deville very similar to this one going for almost 8k on ebay :lol:

Ksteezy post a pic of the case back. I live in westchester and have some experience opening some, mostly Pams though. Let me know if your interested.

Damb I just left home, I won't be able to post a pic till later when I ask the wife to text me one

The 3 digits probably isn't enough to narrow it down.

The back on the older ones are more difficult to pop open, it is like a snap tight kind of closure. You can probably open it with a swiss army knife but placing it back will be a hassle and could be very difficult w/o the right tool.

Here is a pic of the caseback of the old Omega I have, all those digits will help you identify which watch it is specifically.

And here is the result:

Last edited:
They are decent and you are mostly paying for the brand and name of the watch, not the movement. Quality is good, not great but it isn't going to fall apart within a year. When ti comes to designer watches, it is up there in ranking with the others.

Speaking of designer watches, I really want to give Burberry Britain a shot, with an actual auto movement that isn't made bu Fossil. Style is like a mix of Panerai and APROO.

Thanks for the input; I figured as much. I already have a tag automatic and several mechanical watches (my favorite).

Was looking for something a little less expensive ($1000 or less) for my next piece and some of the gucci's caught my eye.

Last edited:
Thanks RFX...I'm gonna take it to have a leather strap placed on it and maybe polish it a bit, maybe they'll be able to open it and check for me..

the look of an old vintage watch are
pimp.gif

can anyone recommend me a spot to buy a watch winder? i remember someone posted a link before but can't seem to find it anymore ...thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom