POST YOUR UNPOPULAR SNEAKER OPINIONS

Got the idea from the Music forum of course.

The Jordan XI is NOT the greatest Jordan shoe ever ...

Adidas has drop some classics for D Rose...

AF1 will always be in style... SMH at the haters :smh:

Jordan XVII are very underrated.

The Lebron South Beaches are WACK :x

You are alone on everything...

Greatest Jordan fashion wise: Jordan 1 and 3 is a close second
Greatest Jordan performance wise: Jordan 14

Greatest Jordan fashion/performance : Jordan 11

If we rewind back 5 years ago, people would swear by the jordan 11 because only few people had them. Now that JB retroed the **** out of it. Everyone is saying its overrated... This is why I don't even mess with the shoe game anymore. People only buy kicks because it was exclusive at the time but once everyone else had em, its played out.

Last edited:
Got the idea from the Music forum of course.

The Jordan XI is NOT the greatest Jordan shoe ever ...

Adidas has drop some classics for D Rose...

AF1 will always be in style... SMH at the haters :smh:

Jordan XVII are very underrated.

The Lebron South Beaches are WACK :x

You are alone on everything...

Greatest Jordan fashion wise: Jordan 1 and 3 is a close second
Greatest Jordan performance wise: Jordan 14

Greatest Jordan fashion/performance : Jordan 11

If we rewind back 5 years ago, people would swear by the jordan 11 because only few people had them. Now that JB retroed the **** out of it. Everyone is saying its overrated... This is why I don't even mess with the shoe game anymore. People only buy kicks because it was exclusive at the time but once everyone else had em, its played out.

Strong post to username...

Both Yeezy's are extremely bland and unoriginal..

Jordan II is the most under rated J of all time..

Jordan XXI is the most comfortable of them all..

Lebron 3 is the best of the bunch..

Kobe's and Lebron's, design wise, both took a nose dive after 4th model..

Jordan 1's are not very comfortable..

The Question is the only good looking Iverson shoe..

DB Jordans are ugly..

Jordan IX was the most comfy J until the XII dropped..

I can only speak from my personal expereinces, but:

The only actual pairs of sneakers that sold out instantly or close to instant from 99-2001; were the XI's, or the newest model of Jordan's.

All the 2001 1's sat for weeks, months even. The 3's sat. 4's, 5's, 6's, 9's all sat. I know for sure, I joined this site around the time those models were dropping - and it was during the time sneaker fans were craving the newest Jordan model, (i.e. 15,16,17).

People forget that during those years the first intial retro's were dropping, Nike Basketball had some of the illest shoes dropping, such as Nike Shox BB4, Uptempos, hyperflights, Flightposites, Glove system shoes such as GP's and Kidd's (which were breakthrough styles that we never seen before), Kobe had his adidas kicks drop, and even And 1 made some noise and caught crazy attention because of Stephon and VC.

The interest for older retro models that; at the time - only came out less than 10 years prior - was very limited and scarce. Everybody wanted the newer models because of the new millenium - we wanted the newest kicks with newest technology. Not too many people wanted a pair of 4's that when dropped in 99, was literally 10 years old.

That's the equivilent of the 18's or 19's dropping today - those models still seem very new, all originally released about 10 years ago - so it's not like they're missed by a lot of people.

I remember vividly seeing Laney and Chrome 5's for $49.99. Olive 9's for the low. Mocha 3's as stated, was literally ****** on by everyone in my school. You couldn't pay a kid to wear them.

if you apply this to today; i think that part of the reason, among many other variables, of why all these retros are more popular than ever is because of the lack of creativity and originality in the newer shoes that are coming out today.
but like i said this is just one small perspective in a long list of reasons of why the whole culture is wack now.

as far as an 'unpopular' opinion of mine, i think that all of these tons of colorways that are released for the kobes, lebrons, kd's etc (such as the year of the __, christmas, bhm, etc etc) are such a damn gimmick. sure some of the are creative, but whatever happened to releasing 4-5 colorways per shoe? they water down these signature lines so much.
part of the appeal of copping pennys/barkleys/pipps is being able to cop their sigs in their team colorways.

i also find it crazy how now everyone loves shaqs :rolleyes

:lol: YES!!!

Man, NOBODY I knew wore or even wanted Shaqs back in the day. And we'd clown people who we saw with them on. Now people are beasting for them (at least the OG colors). Same with the Kemps. Same with Mutumbos. Same with Grant Hills. Same with LJs.

Now I can understand buying out of nostalgia. But half these dudes you see rocking these are like 20 years old. :lol: Pure hype.

i also find it crazy how now everyone loves shaqs :rolleyes

:lol: YES!!!

Man, NOBODY I knew wore or even wanted Shaqs back in the day. And we'd clown people who we saw with them on. Now people are beasting for them (at least the OG colors). Same with the Kemps. Same with Mutumbos. Same with Grant Hills. Same with LJs.

Now I can understand buying out of nostalgia. But half these dudes you see rocking these are like 20 years old. :lol: Pure hype.
woah woah woah
i was with u until u put up grant hill
the grant hills are classics
dont blasphem

Last edited:
U tripping grant hills was it bro. I had like 4 colors. My pops copped me everything jus cuz he love bball. I had a pair of reebok Shaqs, webbers, multiple g hills, pips, and most jordans. That being said he never had em jus bought em for me. So me having a son I jus buy him all the cool kicks. U Might Grab A Couple Every 3 Months Or So But Thats it

woah woah woah
dont blasphem
agreed i  remember the shaqs being hella ugly. 

agreed...those grant hills filas were sick. fila actually made a couple decent kicks and the quality was great back then. 

woah woah woah

dont blasphem
agreed i  remember the shaqs being hella ugly. 
agreed...those grant hills filas were sick. fila actually made a couple decent kicks and the quality was great back then. 
yeah people tend to forget how close nike fila and adidas were doing in sales at least in the hood
fila wasnt the same brand they are today
jordan brand got people forgetting the classics
wasnt really any brand loyalty cause we were getting nice designs and seeing our fav players playing with em
THAT BEING SAID
never seen a good shaq shoe

Columbia XI's are ugly. And Columbia 11's that are yellowed are among the ugliest sneakers in existence.

Stealth XX's are dope

Flightposite 1 > Foamposite 1

Every Jordan in the sig line 1-23 suck for basketball except the XX1's...yes I've played at least once in every model

Jordan Brand does have some good basketball shoes....Superfly 2's, CP's, XX8's, etc

Liking only OG colorways can be lowkey "hypebeasty"

BIN's and DB's are horrible

Kobe 8's are overrated ball shoes...they're good but there are better options

Last edited:
That guy that said footscape wovens are underrated, I agree.

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion but, pretty much any AM1 now is meh to me because of the toebox. Like I got them green ones with the suede and tan/champagne color or whatever and they just not as appealing cause of that boxy toebox.

Last edited:
Columbia XI's are ugly. And Columbia 11's that are yellowed are among the ugliest sneakers in existence.

Stealth XX's are dope

Flightposite 1 > Foamposite 1

Every Jordan in the sig line 1-23 suck for basketball except the XX1's...yes I've played at least once in every model

Jordan Brand does have some good basketball shoes....Superfly 2's, CP's, XX8's, etc

Liking only OG colorways can be lowkey "hypebeasty"

BIN's and DB's are horrible

Kobe 8's are overrated ball shoes...they're good but there are better options
i remember when db's used to SIT

i also find it crazy how now everyone loves shaqs
eyes.gif
^ this 

I remember dudes getting brutally clowned for rocking those to school.

now they hot. 
laugh.gif

Man Filas low key had two classics with the grant hills

Shaqs and olive 9s selling out are pure comedy. Watch what happens when the Mocha 3s drop. Wale will have them on and they will be gone in seconds.

Back
Top Bottom