Post your pets Vol. They grow up so fast

Originally Posted by i3allistic

chillin at the beach ...
(crappy cell phone pic
ohwell.gif
)
Where are you located? Im in Buffalo..cant find a Shiba Inu breeder around here.

Also looking @ a English Bull Terrier..No breeders for those either around here..

My kangals back in my country, brother&sister, will become a year old in may.

(They hate the sun..)

DeeNyce, cute blue-nose, lovin' the white/grey combo on the face.

HAZE323, gorgeous dogs! anymore pics of stunner?

Here's CJ..

.. just got his ears cropped last Friday:

Originally Posted by mrjdmz

here excuse the mess just moved in

Here's CJ..

What is the purpose of cropping the ears?

Originally Posted by RickyBattalion

i3allistic
Where are you located? Im in Buffalo..cant find a Shiba Inu breeder around here.

Also looking @ a English Bull Terrier..No breeders for those either around here..

im from cali ...got my shiba thru a breeder online now ...

Originally Posted by 916kings

Here's CJ..

What is the purpose of cropping the ears?
fighting

The crop is purely cosmetic and done for different reasons, a popular one is so that the dog's ears wouldn't be ripped off during a fight (I am NOTabout that). My reason? I'd like him to compete in shows, and I feel that the cropped look provides a much moreappealing look to the dog. It was a decision I thought long and hard for (pause). I felt that as long as the procedure was done correctly (and by aprofessional) and all was done to minimize the pain and trauma in the dog, I saw nothing wrong with it. I knew what it was gonna take to care for him after theprocedure was done, and we're (my family and I) doing everything we can to provide him with as much comfort as possible. Although many disagree with this'immoral' practice, I feel that it's ultimately up to the owner. . .. he's doing fine BTW, back to his normal self.

Intimidating?

Sure, but I feel that a dog's well-being is more important than its looks. Unfortunately, the previous statement is hard to sell due to the tarnishedreputation that the Pitbull already has because of irresponsible owners that use these beautiful animals for sport.

The crop is purely cosmetic and done for different reasons, a popular one is so that the dog's ears wouldn't be ripped off during a fight (I am NOT about that). My reason? I'd like him to compete in shows, and I feel that the cropped look provides a much more appealing look to the dog. It was a decision I thought long and hard for (pause). I felt that as long as the procedure was done correctly (and by a professional) and all was done to minimize the pain and trauma in the dog, I saw nothing wrong with it. I knew what it was gonna take to care for him after the procedure was done, and we're (my family and I) doing everything we can to provide him with as much comfort as possible. Although many disagree with this 'immoral' practice, I feel that it's ultimately up to the owner. . .. he's doing fine BTW, back to his normal self.

Intimidating?

Sure, but I feel that a dog's well-being is more important than its looks. Unfortunately, the previous statement is hard to sell due to the tarnished reputation that the Pitbull already has because of irresponsible owners that use these beautiful animals for sport.
SURE

Since their ears are exposed..they are prone to more ear infections, hearing loss..so miss me with that well being BS

The crop is purely cosmetic and done for different reasons, a popular one is so that the dog's ears wouldn't be ripped off during a fight (I am NOT about that). My reason? I'd like him to compete in shows, and I feel that the cropped look provides a much more appealing look to the dog. It was a decision I thought long and hard for (pause). I felt that as long as the procedure was done correctly (and by a professional) and all was done to minimize the pain and trauma in the dog, I saw nothing wrong with it. I knew what it was gonna take to care for him after the procedure was done, and we're (my family and I) doing everything we can to provide him with as much comfort as possible. Although many disagree with this 'immoral' practice, I feel that it's ultimately up to the owner. . .. he's doing fine BTW, back to his normal self.

Intimidating?

Sure, but I feel that a dog's well-being is more important than its looks. Unfortunately, the previous statement is hard to sell due to the tarnished reputation that the Pitbull already has because of irresponsible owners that use these beautiful animals for sport.
actually in show most uncroped ears take point away form your dog

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Intimidating?

SURE

Since their ears are exposed..they are prone to more ear infections, hearing loss..so miss me with that well being BS
you are misinformed go read a book or something

The risks of infections, hearing loss, etc. is always there. No dog is really safe from that, cropped or not.

You can say the same about dogs with flopped ears, healthy ears rely a lot on air circulation. Fungal infections develop often with dogs that have flopped earsbecause the air can't circulate freely within the ear.

Does ear cropping even serve a legitimate purpose? Obviously you didn't do your research well because if you did you would see there is no benefit ...itsunethical for ANY breed.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Does ear cropping even serve a legitimate purpose? Obviously you didn't do your research well because if you did you would see there is no benefit ...its unethical for ANY breed.
peta
nerd.gif

This is my Scottish Terrier, Sophie.
Back in 2006, when she was 3 months old, the day we brought her home.

This is from 2009, 3 years old.

Sleeping at a really weird angle...

EDIT: This was my 909th post on 09/09/09...weird.

And as for the comments about cropping, it's the same crap as circumcision with humans. It's purely cosmetic (or for religious purposes).

Back
Top Bottom