Post Your Own Theories About ANYTHING In This Thread

Originally Posted by FOG

August 9, 2011: NASA Scientists have just newly discovered that DNA may have potentially originated from space..! 
eek.gif

Link here: http://www.ibtimes.com/ar...-on-earth-from-space.htm

My theory: There ARE life out there. This proves it... Anyone can put two and two together:
Massive universe ---> Many different solar systems ---> An ever expanding network of newly formed planets ---> Meteorites carrying DNA lands on these planets ---> DNA mixes with elements of that specific planet ---> Creates new life.

Means the possibilites of what other humanoid species could look like are limitless. Which is also why we as a people need to realize how futile racism is. Why would a purple person from another galaxy contact a human when they simply hate other humans on their own planet because of the variations in their skin color. I think earth's population would have to go through some drastic changes and education before we become citizens of the rest of the universe. 

Originally Posted by FOG

August 9, 2011: NASA Scientists have just newly discovered that DNA may have potentially originated from space..! 
eek.gif

Link here: http://www.ibtimes.com/ar...-on-earth-from-space.htm

My theory: There ARE life out there. This proves it... Anyone can put two and two together:
Massive universe ---> Many different solar systems ---> An ever expanding network of newly formed planets ---> Meteorites carrying DNA lands on these planets ---> DNA mixes with elements of that specific planet ---> Creates new life.

Means the possibilites of what other humanoid species could look like are limitless. Which is also why we as a people need to realize how futile racism is. Why would a purple person from another galaxy contact a human when they simply hate other humans on their own planet because of the variations in their skin color. I think earth's population would have to go through some drastic changes and education before we become citizens of the rest of the universe. 

I think we have complete control over everything that goes on in life. Every single thing that happens is just viewed as an interpretation in our minds. We choose how we want to feel and react to each occurrence and act based on that.

Basically, the world is a video game and we're the player. We might not have complete control over our environment and the rules to the game, but we still control how we act in it and as a result can manipulate and twist the in-game world to whatever we want. As soon as we understand how the "world" works and the "rules", we can then act as we wish and everything that happens is up to us to adapt and deal with.

Sometimes when you're playing a video game and things just aren't going your way, it's harder than you think, you just have to slow down and focus then try again. As the player to the game we have total control over what WE do and how we choose to interpret and adapt to what the system throws at us.

Just a random thought I had that I decided to put down.

I think we have complete control over everything that goes on in life. Every single thing that happens is just viewed as an interpretation in our minds. We choose how we want to feel and react to each occurrence and act based on that.

Basically, the world is a video game and we're the player. We might not have complete control over our environment and the rules to the game, but we still control how we act in it and as a result can manipulate and twist the in-game world to whatever we want. As soon as we understand how the "world" works and the "rules", we can then act as we wish and everything that happens is up to us to adapt and deal with.

Sometimes when you're playing a video game and things just aren't going your way, it's harder than you think, you just have to slow down and focus then try again. As the player to the game we have total control over what WE do and how we choose to interpret and adapt to what the system throws at us.

Originally Posted by FOG

Good stuff. Here's another one:

Alternative fuel sources have been invented, but oil companies have destroyed them to keep making money.

I honestly believe this is true 

Originally Posted by FOG

Alternative fuel sources have been invented, but oil companies have destroyed them to keep making money.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by FOG

feel the same way about meds.....

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

Originally Posted by FOG

feel the same way about meds.....

Slavery never ended with blacks... Higher ups just figured out better ways to keep people of all nations and creeds enslaved

ie. debt and other financial binds

Slavery never ended with blacks... Higher ups just figured out better ways to keep people of all nations and creeds enslaved

Originally Posted by scshift

good stuff but what about the kids who throw the remote across the room and shut the game off
laugh.gif
 future suiciders

good stuff but what about the kids who throw the remote across the room and shut the game off
laugh.gif
 future suiciders

Originally Posted by CmoreJs

laugh.gif
 liquor store on every corner

Originally Posted by CmoreJs

laugh.gif
 liquor store on every corner

Originally Posted by Cash is Clay

laugh.gif
 future suiciders

I guess they're the people who get angry and feel hopeless every time a challenge arises. Like it's normal to get frustrated and keep trying at it, but if you freak out and start breaking stuff cause of a game, that's pretty reflective of how you are in real life.

Originally Posted by Cash is Clay

laugh.gif
 future suiciders

I guess they're the people who get angry and feel hopeless every time a challenge arises. Like it's normal to get frustrated and keep trying at it, but if you freak out and start breaking stuff cause of a game, that's pretty reflective of how you are in real life.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Could this be the lair of the Kraken? Scientist claims existence of mythical 100ft sea monster that ate the ocean's biggest predators for breakfast[/h1]
By Leon Watson

Last updated at 5:17 PM on 11th October 2011

It is a legendary tentacled sea monster which ate whales and even ships.

Now one researcher claims he has found proof the mythical creature actually did exist.

Professor Mark McMenamin, a paleontologist at Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts, said he has discovered markings on the remains of sea creatures which could prove an ancient, bus-sized species of octopus - like the mythical Kraken - was behind their demise. 

article-2047699-0E54908C00000578-486_634x893.jpg

The find hints that a prehistoric octopus was large enough to kill and eat huge ichtyosaurs - was the Kraken more than a mere tall tale?

article-0-0E524D9F00000578-941_634x334.jpg

Discovery: Researcher Mark McMenamin says this arrangement of lizard bones, which were brought to this area in a pattern of a tentacle, couldprove the existence of the Kraken

Prof McMenamin says his evidence of the Kraken, which would have been up to 30m long, comes from the vicious injures it inflicted on the giant marine reptile ichthyosaur, either by drowning the creature or snapping its neck.

The results were presented at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America in Minneapolis.

The researcher claims he can tell by examining the placement and sucker markings on bones, which seems to prove the creatures were drowned or had their necks snapped by a Kraken-like creature.

The scientist's theory first surfaced when he began examining at the remains of nine ichthyosaurs from the Shonisaurus popularis species at the Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park in Nevada.

It had been suggested the creatures, which have with a porpoise-like head and a long, toothed snout and have been likened to whales, died from a toxic plankton bloom in shallow water.

But Prof McMenamin said: 'I was aware that anytime there is controversy about depth, there is probably something interesting going on.'

article-0-0E524F3900000578-133_634x309.jpg

Creature of the deep: A Kraken destroys the Edinburgh Trader in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Not only did the markings on the bones suggest to him that the creatures were not all killed at the same time, Prof McMenamin said the arrangement of bones suggested an octopus type creature like the Kraken had drowned the ichthyosaurs or broken their necks.

'It became very clear that something very odd was going on there," he said. 'It was a very odd configuration of bones.

Prof McMenamin also noticed, because of the arrangement, that they had been carried away from where they were killed, leading him to think they had been carried to the Kraken's lair and dumped in the pattern of the mysterious creature's tentacles in a 'midden' - a pile of remains accumulated by the beast.

'Modern octopus will do this,' Prof McMenamin said. 'What if there was an ancient, very large sort of octopus, like the Kraken of mythology?'

'I think that these things were captured by the Kraken and taken to the midden and the cephalopod would take them apart.'

Prof McMenamin explains the absence of any Kraken fossils with the fact that octopuses are soft-bodied creatures, but sceptics say his explanation is simply circumstantial evidence.

article-2047699-0E54909000000578-138_634x809.jpg

Today's cephalopods - even the largest - are rarely much bigger than a human being. The largest existing specimens of this Pacific giant octopus species tend to weigh around 150lb

Brian Switek, a research associate at the New Jersey State Museum, writing for Wired.com, said Mr McMenamin's theory is nothing more than 'bone reading.'

But Prof McMenamin added he is ready for the critics: 'We have a very good case.'

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Could this be the lair of the Kraken? Scientist claims existence of mythical 100ft sea monster that ate the ocean's biggest predators for breakfast[/h1]
By Leon Watson

Last updated at 5:17 PM on 11th October 2011

It is a legendary tentacled sea monster which ate whales and even ships.

Now one researcher claims he has found proof the mythical creature actually did exist.

Professor Mark McMenamin, a paleontologist at Mount Holyoke College in Massachusetts, said he has discovered markings on the remains of sea creatures which could prove an ancient, bus-sized species of octopus - like the mythical Kraken - was behind their demise. 

article-2047699-0E54908C00000578-486_634x893.jpg

The find hints that a prehistoric octopus was large enough to kill and eat huge ichtyosaurs - was the Kraken more than a mere tall tale?

article-0-0E524D9F00000578-941_634x334.jpg

Discovery: Researcher Mark McMenamin says this arrangement of lizard bones, which were brought to this area in a pattern of a tentacle, couldprove the existence of the Kraken

Prof McMenamin says his evidence of the Kraken, which would have been up to 30m long, comes from the vicious injures it inflicted on the giant marine reptile ichthyosaur, either by drowning the creature or snapping its neck.

The results were presented at the annual meeting of the Geological Society of America in Minneapolis.

The researcher claims he can tell by examining the placement and sucker markings on bones, which seems to prove the creatures were drowned or had their necks snapped by a Kraken-like creature.

The scientist's theory first surfaced when he began examining at the remains of nine ichthyosaurs from the Shonisaurus popularis species at the Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park in Nevada.

It had been suggested the creatures, which have with a porpoise-like head and a long, toothed snout and have been likened to whales, died from a toxic plankton bloom in shallow water.

But Prof McMenamin said: 'I was aware that anytime there is controversy about depth, there is probably something interesting going on.'

article-0-0E524F3900000578-133_634x309.jpg

Creature of the deep: A Kraken destroys the Edinburgh Trader in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Not only did the markings on the bones suggest to him that the creatures were not all killed at the same time, Prof McMenamin said the arrangement of bones suggested an octopus type creature like the Kraken had drowned the ichthyosaurs or broken their necks.

'It became very clear that something very odd was going on there," he said. 'It was a very odd configuration of bones.

Prof McMenamin also noticed, because of the arrangement, that they had been carried away from where they were killed, leading him to think they had been carried to the Kraken's lair and dumped in the pattern of the mysterious creature's tentacles in a 'midden' - a pile of remains accumulated by the beast.

'Modern octopus will do this,' Prof McMenamin said. 'What if there was an ancient, very large sort of octopus, like the Kraken of mythology?'

'I think that these things were captured by the Kraken and taken to the midden and the cephalopod would take them apart.'

Prof McMenamin explains the absence of any Kraken fossils with the fact that octopuses are soft-bodied creatures, but sceptics say his explanation is simply circumstantial evidence.

article-2047699-0E54909000000578-138_634x809.jpg

Today's cephalopods - even the largest - are rarely much bigger than a human being. The largest existing specimens of this Pacific giant octopus species tend to weigh around 150lb

Brian Switek, a research associate at the New Jersey State Museum, writing for Wired.com, said Mr McMenamin's theory is nothing more than 'bone reading.'

But Prof McMenamin added he is ready for the critics: 'We have a very good case.'

Back
Top Bottom