Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Out of town assists mail call. Crown Royal pack is fire. That “Mel Gibson” Pirates tho :nthat:

50AF7A70-10E4-4396-8597-1A85B00DDF7C.jpeg

A58459B5-4ABD-4E10-9DC6-E1D943FBAE50.jpeg
078815A3-D50F-45F0-9463-9BE3F61B06F3.jpeg
1EB67922-32ED-4DF0-9E71-2D9FD6B42858.jpeg

HH just dropped a half dozen or so new hats. They’re dead to me though. I finally got a human response that basically didn’t apologize for sending the wrong item, offered me only a 10% off coupon code, and told me they’d reimburse me the handling fee eventually after filing out the return order form. I’d still have to find a smaller box and do the printing of the label and dropping off at the post office, as well as wait for the refund to hit, and hope the $5 handling fee gets dropped. Who knows if the label is even prepaid. So now I own a ONEONTA tigers hat, along with a Lakeland and a Detroit. I guess it was meant to be lol.

The mlb Cleveland baseball team just launched their new on fields. As expected
1643063091220.png

They’re quite plain. There’s also an all navy cap. They don’t expect to wear the G with wings hat in an on field capacity but they’ll sell it as an alternate.

I’m actually happy that Lids is out to stomp the competition. Too many of these shops drop low numbers and ramp up hype to keep people checking for them and they have funny attitudes when people ask them direct questions about their drops.

I know old boy Russet Sunset and My Fitteds gotta be feeling a little tight about the biters, but where there’s a demand on products you don’t own the rights to, other companies will step up to meet demand. I’ve seen more “exclusive” designs bitten recently, not just the example below. And in my opinion, LIDS did it better.

794DCEDB-984A-4A02-B09E-4D790A7ABC70.jpeg

A0B12229-2B67-4779-950C-0ACD48A259B6.jpeg

Only a matter of time before all the major shops catch up to the UV craze and they become more accessible. Kinda ironic that HC did that to all the Og fitteds back in the early 2010.
And all the resellers can’t eat no more.
**patiently waits for TY custom bites**
I didn’t get too into HC until maybe 2016-2018. What did they do in 2010? They made grey under retros but bit off others?

In the scheme of things, it’s all biting off of something. When I got into them around 2017, they were big into minor league retros and grey under mlb customs. Usually within a team color concept. Like a two tone cursive I Indians, or two tone M twins. Caps very close to their infield counterparts but custom in nature. Most were copy cats of older caps. A true retro. I wouldn’t call them so much original designs but definitely exclusives. El Paso toros, Abq dukes, Portland beavers etc.
All that personally felt more creativity than just color combos that we see today . So HC Dropped those last year for Valentine’s Day and lids has them a year later? They’re in great quantity and cheaper price point? Looks like HC has some competition.

If caps and designs and patches are within the approval database, why isn’t new era getting mad that the same design is being sold in more than one spot? I guess that gets rid of the EXCLUSIVE destination?

As a consumer and not reseller, this is great. A lids drop is $10 less msrp and has higher quantities. It’s not like they can say they’re made in the USA, like their older drops. Todays HC release is like all the others.

Considering there’s a 3-5 month design to production turnaround, I’m surprised there aren’t more biters out there sooner.

Last edited:
I’m actually happy that Lids is out to stomp the competition. Too many of these shops drop low numbers and ramp up hype to keep people checking for them and they have funny attitudes when people ask them direct questions about their drops.

I know old boy Russet Sunset and My Fitteds gotta be feeling a little tight about the biters, but where there’s a demand on products you don’t own the rights to, other companies will step up to meet demand. I’ve seen more “exclusive” designs bitten recently, not just the example below. And in my opinion, LIDS did it better.

794DCEDB-984A-4A02-B09E-4D790A7ABC70.jpeg

A0B12229-2B67-4779-950C-0ACD48A259B6.jpeg
Was this drop in store or online

Some appear on lids. Search lava red. Can’t find the swinging padre though

It’s been what now, 6-7 months since lids has really really stepped it up. I don’t see too many others going the HC route with a mass amount of the same color ways going onto multiple hats. There’s some originality left. So I don’t mind it’s lids doing the biting to fill the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom