Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Final look at the ones Manolo has. Pt 6 Hámsterdam. I’m definitely getting a few of these for sure.

F0C5E908-5BBF-4E5F-9317-E85605D6766E.png
84AC21DC-BEFC-416F-A271-65589D25B48D.png

I constantly wish it was 20 years ago because New Era used to make fitted hats of archaic logos of NBA teams during the peak of the throwback jersey fad in the early 2000s. I believe they were all made in USA as well.

And I wish I had been smart enough to realize they would end up being discontinued after the early 2000s. I can only find them retroactively in the present on eBay. The only salvation with eBay is that they can possibly be offered at a price lower than retail.

I really have no idea why New Era doesn't make those retro logo fitted hats in the present since they still have a license with the NBA. There's still a market for them, albeit not like in the early 2000s.

I really wish New Era would make a fitted had with this 76ers logo. I always liked this logo. I'll always remember they last had it in 1996-97, Allen Iverson's rookie year, until they rehashed it in 2009-10. They've been using it since, but with a pale royal blue shade and different style variations.
1653859750460.png

therealest1 therealest1 word is m&n has a stronghold with many colors and logos (you can’t even use late 90s sonic colors on any mariner hat btw.) . The NE contract with the nba must be new colors/designs and logos only because they just aren’t doing much other than having matching hats with the variety of jerseys they push out. You don’t see 96 finals patches on a non team color bulls fitted, like ever.

It seems like the nfl has allowed some pro bowl patches and some sb patches to come around finally. Other than the campus to canton series, most seem to stick to team colors.

There may be a reason these hype hats focus solely on mlb (95% of the time). There just may be more leeway and patch options. Less hassle.

And regarding the bisons, they may be the one team that has allowed their logo to be used in a hundred different ways. Some teams don’t want that I guess, so you have to work with each milb team basically vs. an already approved mlb catalog. A lot of vintage teams or logos have a private secondary copyright owner who may be even more strict, or costly.

djlunchbox djlunchbox black nasties are great gym or yard work hats. They never show their true wear. But more than that, this is recommended for everyone. Seek out atleast one 2007-2016 era MADE IN THE USA on field, and try to hold todays new era to the same standard. These new caps should not retail for $42 or $50 or $60, let alone resale. The caps are crap, putting it nicely.

Someone was mentioning how many prefer Bangladesh now over China. After my latest triple hit from 4ucaps of all China made, they may now finally be doing the softer less durable more flimsy sweatband on nearly 100% of their new products. This leads to a floppy sweatband and possibly a looser fit. This wasn’t like this just 2 years back. China is cheapening their product internally for sure.

I also showed it just a few months back with some as hats. The stitching on the bill is different for both Bangladesh and China. One more accurately represents the usa made of old, while the other seems finer and less visible threads.

There’s also some depth issues im trying to deal with. Some caps seem to want to fit over my ears and creates some rubbing issues. While other hats just want to slip off my head no matter how tight the fit is. That leads to many hats taking 25-30 wears to get just right . Yet many usa made hats of old (2006 era) fit with perfection on wear #1. And yet here I am still buying hats sight unseen.

Last edited:
Whoever prefers Bangladesh hats over China must either like top hats or kufi’s.
Word is these are Bangladesh
A8EAA965-08D7-46CB-88CF-70EF31540E6A.jpeg

This high crown nature isn’t right, or the norm. But slowly becoming acceptable. Rip usa made caps.

I don’t expect dad caps or low crowns but there used to be some in between. This is quite the extreme but no one bats an eye.

Not many people would look at that pic and say the Bangladesh-made caps are the most egregiously ugly thing in it :lol:

This high crown nature isn’t right, or the norm. But slowly becoming acceptable. Rip usa made caps.

I don’t expect dad caps or low crowns but there used to be some in between. This is quite the extreme but no one bats an eye.
Newport box.

F53FFE6E-2C3E-4BAB-8D6D-20474DCD5A43.jpeg

Judging by the sock preview of the Padres city connect uniforms, they’re gonna equally suck, if not more.

41FA0AB9-6E46-4D5D-88C5-ABD42CB2BEC8.png

🤢🤮

Those jerseys had potential

If you made the with the Rocky Mountain logo instead, it’d make the uni nicer. The uni has actually gotten positive reception. All the City Connect uni’s have this year.

I never been a big fan of colored pants, looks real softball like. Certain unis pull it off tho, powder blue joints.

I just like a nice fitting hat from wherever.
Being able to try hats on first has def been a luxury I don't take for granted. I've had ill fitting hats from China and Bangladesh- it happens. I received one hat from Laos and it fits pretty good despite what I've heard about Laos. So there's really no right or wrong especially with everyone having a different shaped cranium.

What is for certain is that China’s embroidery is far more superior than all of it's counterparts.

donjuan513 donjuan513 I may have asked. Can you ask for certain country of origins? Is the price different or time tables set differently? Or is it truly, you get what you get?

HH had a 101 cap drop today and 90% of them are sold out. Did I miss a memo and they dropped days ago? I hit the link asap 14 minutes ago and saw almost nothing availabale.

Rellvolver Ocelot Rellvolver Ocelot is correct. Obnoxiously high crown is not truly a good look. Look at many of these players in their standard caps and they look normal. They somehow look like kids with oversized fashion caps of the early 2000s.

HH had a 101 cap drop today and 90% of them are sold out. Did I miss a memo and they dropped days ago? I hit the link asap 14 minutes ago and saw almost nothing availabale.

There was a delay on the restock. That link was premature, I ended up purchasing 3 hats, but all were separate orders because they weren’t all uploaded and available at the same time. That was my first restock with HH and I’ll definitely be patient next time around so I don’t have to pay for shipping 3 times.

Some more china VS Bangladesh images although i noticed in Lids today a lot of Haiti made hats. In any case china right and bang on the left
7A1D01CE-EB74-426C-A3AA-4DA973CCAEA9.jpeg

It opens a can of worms but the stitch visibility and length is vastly different. The one on the right has navy crown elements that blend in well. The one on the left looks like a fake imho. Just look at the more visible further spaced out basic stitching horizontal with the crown.
The entire NY logo looks to have jagged edges.

Also, the upper stitching from the middle of the NY logo to the top of the button seems misaligned. The right vertical stitching seems to have less spacing than the left vertical element (considering the center dark seam as your midpoint). Great example djlunchbox djlunchbox more basic dissection should occur on these caps

The dodgers isn’t without its faults. The A should be the center point of that cap, so it should be centered with that middle Seam. It’s rarely done right. And that’s why the cat is out is the bag. Once you notice these faults, it’s hard to overlook them, especially at resale prices.

Last edited:
Oooof tootsie roll pack from upcoming LidsHD.

The patch colors are bananas. The UV is the same blue as the patch. Pressure!!!!

8021D088-807C-4B7C-B567-6A6C19CB1642.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom