Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

20200824_164616.jpg

New find for the archives.
2000-2002 era Oakland Athletics home authentic on field. MUSA. Grey under
CB0C1AE7-9024-43D8-B2F6-FE5073E55841.jpeg

621E0BB4-FC9C-489E-9999-A49863160A57.jpeg

The kicker. I paid $18. Its curved for me. It’s marked as used. I don’t see sweat marks or the like. At less than $1/yr, it’s a steal in my book

Last edited:
Lots of mets fans exclaimed at their switch from black. They all call it BFBS (black for black sake) but I don’t mind that era at all.

the black mets era has had a slight return.

Some Mets fans even want the team to wear the black jerseys again as an alternate, meanwhile I'm still remembering how they were the epitome of BFBS and now I feel beyond washed that these are considered throwbacks.

There is something about that black Mets fitted with blue bill and grey underbrim that they wore during that period that looks 👍

You read Uni Watch too?:nerd:

Although I made a decision a long time ago to refrain from getting solid white hats due to yellowing or discoloration with age, I think I'm also going to stop getting multi-color hats with white on any exterior part for the same reason.

The irony with the multi-color hats I had with white on any exterior part still turned yellow or discolored despite not wearing them often. And I kept some in a darkened closet.

It seems like an unfortunate natural process with any hat with white on the exterior.

I’ve de flagged a half dozen caps over the years. Just be patient. It may take up to an hour. The scarring is absolutely minimal if you take your time.
B9C4A5E0-DA8F-4B50-AC30-370761AE1DFB.jpeg
CF327FDE-523E-4FB1-B492-81E6B085D81C.jpeg
5C6FD5C1-717E-4759-9BC6-7A618A43C121.jpeg
2E298CEB-1363-4C58-8D05-E7608CF5939A.jpeg

The second one was a tad more lazy as you can vaguely see the outline and some wool that got caught in the mix. But it’s beyond worth it.
Mickeys place is the only source who’s continually been great about side flag or no side flag. Other websites are lazy.
The tonal flags are a B to remove. I don’t dare try to do that anymore.

Good job removing the logos and obvious devotion with your time to do that. It's just too much work for me and I'll always have a mental attachment to any scarring even if it's not clearly visible.

Coincidentally I looked at Mickey's Place website recently and they didn't have a specific team and style I was looking for despite all the boatload of retro hats without the logo available on there.

Some Mets fans even want the team to wear the black jerseys again as an alternate, meanwhile I'm still remembering how they were the epitome of BFBS and now I feel beyond washed that these are considered throwbacks.

There is something about that black Mets fitted with blue bill and grey underbrim that they wore during that period that looks 👍

You read Uni Watch too?:nerd:
yeah. Uniwatch and sportslogos.net, I occasionally check out

Marlins sort of started it in 1996. Mets began in 1998. As in 2000. Royals 2002. It’s had a resurgence in other sports lately. Not so much with baseball on fields, but other sports.

I think the mets had the longing standing time with a black uniform and cap. They switched it up in 2012, not too long ago.
The as had two different spurts with black hats. 2000 and then 2008-2010. Royals lasted 2002-2005. Blue jays went dark grey and black 2004-2011. I think most importantly, the Mets made the World Series in 2000. So that 20 year nostalgia runs deep. Plus the Mets never wore the blue cap during that 2000 WS.

therealest1 therealest1
Here’s a tonal flag heritage series Red Sox cap i deflagged as a test.
9A4ED9FC-5AFC-4A4D-AA0F-CC6BB4CC98AB.jpeg

never again. This one took like two hours and had more visible scarring. It’s still not too noticeable but now I leave on the tonal flags.

I've deflagged so many New Era hats over the years.

The outline is barely visible and the hats looks so much cleaner without the logo creep.

In my mind, if it doesnt have the flag it's not even a cap

I can't get myself to call it that although I understand it's a gimmick for New Era to have that label. I just keep it simple and standard by calling it a logo because that's what it is to me.

I don't mind the logo on any fitted hat since it identifies the brand properly. But I refuse to own any of the Cooperstown Collection hats manufactured the last several years to present because those were never supposed to have the logo on the side by default. And I refuse to accept them on any rehashed '90s to 2000s MLB hat preceding 2017.

Still scouring the depths of auction sites
BCCE36A3-8934-450A-A835-3AA64B309F70.jpeg
AA72AFC6-798B-4A7A-9E3B-5B2C4F6441AB.jpeg
7EBE771F-BE7F-4232-BAAD-6544C109BE40.jpeg

One came shipped in a box. The other did not. Glad the reds 2006 era grey under 100% wool/MUSA came in a box. The Mets is a 2009 era cool base MUSA/100% poly. I have a few so it’s an extra. Maybe it becomes my beater hat ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom