Post Your Motorcycle

Glad to hear your friends are doing okay. 

Rode to PA and back yesterday. We got home right before the rain came down 
nthat.gif

Thanks fellas. They both just have road rash and she has a broken collar bone. My other friend is in stable but critical condition still. From what I heard someone switched lanes and he couldn't stop quick enough, hit the back and flew over the car. Crazy how things happen so fast.

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/...E-E087-4C34-BE30-869700B11C9D_zpsgfrpr0uc.mp4

I clicked that thinking it was a pic of your bike. I didn't see any cars, I see a few bikes and then I see sparks and bodies flying. How did that happen? One of the bikes cut them off or something?

Uploading kills the quality. From what I saw it looked like the yellow gsxr in front tapped his brake, not sure if he was familiar with the area. It happened right in front of the precinct, maybe that's why he braked. I think my boy tries to swerve to the right of him, but was going to fast and not enough space between them. He grabs the front brake so hard the bike just flips and they get thrown off, luckily they didn't get hit by any other bikes. As I said before they are both fine besides road rash, and the girl has a broken collar bone.

In an unrelated incident that same day my other friend went down and is still in critical condition so some prayers for his recovery are very appreciated.

Uploading kills the quality. From what I saw it looked like the yellow gsxr in front tapped his brake, not sure if he was familiar with the area. It happened right in front of the precinct, maybe that's why he braked. I think my boy tries to swerve to the right of him, but was going to fast and not enough space between them. He grabs the front brake so hard the bike just flips and they get thrown off, luckily they didn't get hit by any other bikes. As I said before they are both fine besides road rash, and the girl has a broken collar bone.

In an unrelated incident that same day my other friend went down and is still in critical condition so some prayers for his recovery are very appreciated.

hope all have a speedy recovery! it is hard to tell from the video but it seems as if the group ahead was riding pretty tight, fortunate/impressive reflexes by the two riders avoiding the people & the bike...how bad was the damage to the bike?

Sorry to hear about the wrecks, hope they recover quickly, road rash is the worst, stay safe out there, people aren't paying attention, had a local rider die today with collision with a van

Keep the shiny side up NTers. Ride like everyone is out to get you. There's been a number of crashes in Orlando recently.

Be safe out there everyone.

Walter..

Wishing a speedy recovery to those that went down. Be safe guys. Enjoy the season. Keep the shiny side up indeed. :smokin

Yeah that's what I was talking about someone died on colonial today with a collision with van, i had two jack ***** pull out in front of me on my way home today alone, smh, watch for them distracted drivers specially those texting and driving
Keep the shiny side up NTers. Ride like everyone is out to get you. There's been a number of crashes in Orlando recently.

Be safe out there everyone.

Walter..

Man, that's why I try my best to just stay away from them as much as I can. Forget riding side by side, I have to be away from cars, b.

I agree i try not to be, it's hard sometimes in traffic, i just alays try to make eye contact with the driver so they know I'm there but sometimes that doesn't even work, smh

I agree i try not to be, it's hard sometimes in traffic, i just alays try to make eye contact with the driver so they know I'm there but sometimes that doesn't even work, smh

Eye contact is a false sense of security. People are halfway paying attention even if they look your way. I just keep myself out of blind spots and position myself in my lane depending on which lane I'm in to where I'm more visible to other drivers.. directly beside me and oncoming traffic looking to make left turns.

Always have to be on high alert, with all senses at 100%.

You live in Orlando? If you're on FB there are a few pages with a good number of members that have rides all the time.

I stopped going on group rides about a year ago. The group of riders I used to ride with were a small solid group of riders, we'd hit up some great back roads but eventually got to the point where random riders tagged along each ride and one of them would go down every ride.. at times were close to taking me out. So I just stopped going completely.

Walter..

My visor's mirrored out, so I can't make eye contact with anyone unless I flip it up. Even if I could, I don't trust anyone on the road. When there's traffic and I can't find a pocket to escape it, I just cruise hella slow and try to keep the most amount of distance in between myself and the other cars. :smh:

^Yeah i totally agree, that's why I said I doesn't really work most of the time unfortunately

Yeah I'm in central fl, but not on fb, and yeah much like yourself I don't like riding in groups, i ride dolo, I've been riding for many years, I raced professionally for a short time in the late 90s early 2000s but was injured and took a brake for some years and recently got the bike and got back into again

Last edited:

Amazing, can you give us more details cuz this seams like a wonderfull ride.
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/9756040/

That isn't the exact route I took, but it's pretty close. I started at home and made my way to Port Jervis and then just rode to NY-97. It runs along the Delaware River.

It's one of my favorite roads to ride on, It's very popular among bikers, particularly this stretch. (Not my picture)

http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/9756040/

That isn't the exact route I took, but it's pretty close. I started at home and made my way to Port Jervis and then just rode to NY-97. It runs along the Delaware River.

It's one of my favorite roads to ride on, It's very popular among bikers, particularly this stretch. (Not my picture)
Man I wish I could take that road, but still Cali has some nice rides too. Every open road is an opportunity. Stay safe and have fun!!

Finally replaced my stock exhaust. It sounds a lot better than my old one IMO.

Apologies for the crappy cell phone pic

Quick question: I probably know the answer is gon be whatever you comfortable with/skill level is but Imma ask anyways for yall opinion.

I'm 5'6" weigh 125 and always skip leg day. Been riding for 3 years but on a 250 whole time. I just wrecked my car 2 weeks ago, and need a form of transportation fast but I don't think I'm at the stage where I can pay car payments and insurance, besides Imma need a cosigner and I don't have anyone. I know I might be making a dumb choice, but a bike is where I know I can pay flat out and would just have to worry about insurance.

I'm debating between either a CBR 600 or a 1000, prices on Craigslist are about the same which is why I'm leaning more on the 1000 side. I'll probably be having my shorty on the back here and there and would like to learn how to do wheelies.

With all that being said which would be a better option in yall opinions? Im worried that a 1000 would be too heavy but I can grow skill wise to where it won't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom