POST YOUR DINNER PLATE VOL HUNGRYYYY

all fresh seafood delivered 100 miles from Mendocino County
pimp.gif

and.....

Speaking of PRIME RIB:

=
glasses.gif

all cooked by yours truly, including the sides....

fools that dont eat beef rare/medium rare have no idea what theyre missing
grin.gif

my problem isn't that there's "blood" or juices or w/e on the meat.. what is unnerving to me is the fact that the meat does not look 100% cooked. i mean, would you eat a chicken breast with the center still the same color pink as when it came out the freezer? maybe i'm wrong...
imo this is how a steak that i would actually put into my body is supposed to look:

steak.jpg

can't believe there are people out there eating raw pink meat like its all good... 
sick.gif

laugh.gif
@ LUKEwarm Skywalker.

dude got put in his place, and didn't reply back in this thread. anyways, that prime rib looks
pimp.gif

i like my steaks cooked rare to medium rare— anyone who thinks cooking their meat (pause) well-done, and insists that they're getting the best out of what they cooked are WRONG. i won't knock you if you don't like your steaks a little red/pink in the middle, but if you're trying to insist that a well-done steak has more flavor than a medium-rare one, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Originally Posted by DT43

my problem isn't that there's "blood" or juices or w/e on the meat.. what is unnerving to me is the fact that the meat does not look 100% cooked. i mean, would you eat a chicken breast with the center still the same color pink as when it came out the freezer? maybe i'm wrong...
can't believe there are people out there eating raw pink meat like its all good... 
sick.gif

beef is different from chicken, unlike ground beef which has different pieces of different meat coming from different cows, any of which could have strands of the ecoli virus, ground beef needs to be cooked thoroughly throughout to kill the ecoli virus, where as a whole single prime cut of beef, if it somehow happened to have the ecoli virus, the virus would only be on the outside which means you only have to sear the outside to kill it leaving inside as red/pink as you like...as for problems like mad cow, cooking wont kill that no matter how long and hot you cook it, and salmonella isnt very common in beef, likely coming from poor food handling or an unclean cooking area

salmonella is different from ecoli in that is a bacteria that can permeate throughout the entire chicken/egg so its necessary to cook the entire piece of chicken up to a certain internal temperature, 165 F...salmonella alone is not enough to cause sickness, its the amount of salmonella bacteria in your chicken that you eat that causes sickness, eat enough of it and youll get sick

weirdly enough, most people eat more "uncooked" salmonella-laced chicken than they realize, it just isnt enough to cause them to get sick

edit - oh yeah, i guess i did, thats all in your mind though... barbarians up in here
pimp.gif

^i think you missed my point. it's not just for health reasons that i dont want to eat raw meat. its because the thought of chewing on raw meat disgusts me, it turns my stomach

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

My mom made Prime Rib last night. My bro asked how big i want my slice. Maybe a 16-18 ounce?
laugh.gif
What that blood taste like?...
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Seriously, y'all need to cook the food thoroughly. It's for your own benefit. That goes for you too Tupac Jordan.

Are you one of those guys that always gets your steak and burgers well done?  
laugh.gif

I used to be the same way but have learned a medium to medium rare is way better than dry, and well done.

I want pink, word to Red Robin.

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

My mom made Prime Rib last night. My bro asked how big i want my slice. Maybe a 16-18 ounce?
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Seriously, y'all need to cook the food thoroughly. It's for your own benefit. That goes for you too Tupac Jordan.

laugh.gif

I used to be the same way but have learned a medium to medium rare is way better than dry, and well done.

You get your burgers pink?
Moral of the story:

Burgers are supposed to be at least medium-well because it's ground meat being mashed up in a pool of bacteria

Un-ground (e.g. steak/prime rib) -- get it medium rare/medium (depending on your definition) because that's the best way to enjoy it. Cooked just enough but still ridiculously tender 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NolanDW

Moral of the story:

Burgers are supposed to be at least medium-well because it's ground meat being mashed up in a pool of bacteria
Dude, it's Red Robin.  There's going to be very little pink since they don't want people to potentially get sick.  When I do grill burgers they're usually medium well.  A little more medium if I'm not patient and starving.  More well done, caramelized if I forget to check it.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NolanDW

sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Moral of the story:

Un-ground (e.g. steak/prime rib) -- get it medium rare/medium (depending on your definition) because that's the best way to enjoy it. Cooked just enough but still ridiculously tender 
pimp.gif

There's a bit of truth in that - ground beef should be cooked thoroughly because of the way it's made and stored - but when I make my own burgers I do them about medium - because I get steaks ground at my local butcher rather than buying the pre packaged stuff. On another note the color has nothing to do with it - it's internal temperature that counts. I get sick of people cutting through chicken legs examining the parts by the bone when it's way over the minimum required temperature - and juicy and delicious. My brother in laws bbqs are the worst - the cheapest meat all frazzled so it's black and chewy. Turrible.

POZOLE(not to be mistaken by menudo) ... For those who have had this, you know how bomb it is
pimp.gif

Iphone pic
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by lomaboy02

POZOLE(not to be mistaken by menudo) ... For those who have had this, you know how bomb it is
pimp.gif

Iphone pic
eyes.gif

Pozole with a Bud Light.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom