POST YOUR DINNER PLATE VOL HUNGRYYYY

Not trying to be racist..... but I wish my family was black.

Black family holiday dinner>*

I always be at my buddy's place after dinner eating up their leftovers
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You guys on the Well-done bandwagon are some girls ahahaha jk. If you're into that dry, endless chewing, non-flavor type steaks
sick.gif
 then you're missing out. I prefer that soft, pink, flavorable, melt in your mouth steaks. I am a carnivore and proud of it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

You guys on the Well-done bandwagon are some girls ahahaha jk. If you're into that dry, endless chewing, non-flavor type steaks
sick.gif
 then you're missing out. I prefer that soft, pink, flavorable, melt in your mouth steaks. I am a carnivore and proud of it
pimp.gif

Cosign.  Cant wait for our Prime Rib roast to come off the grill. 

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Dominican Black family holiday dinner>*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just saying. That pernil. 
smokin.gif

that's how prime rib is supposed to be. i used to order everything well done bc i was scared of the "blood" but my girl got me into getting my steaks done at medium- at the most and laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwdddddd, i havent went back since. anyway, im just gonna have some wings and fries tonight, girl went to her parents and they are annoying/cant cook so i stayed home. been a pretty slow day for me; got me feeling like a member of team #foreveralone.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

O'Rly? What do you think these "juices" you speak of are made out of?
It aint from concentrate, i'll tell you that.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You dont know about juices in a steak because you cook cook all the damn juices right out when you are overcooking the hell out of it.

word

Lukewarm - prime rib has a lot of fat in it and thats where these juices are coming from, not to mention his prime rib is medium rare which means it hasnt been dried out from being overcooked

These "Juices" you speak of, especially in regards to the kind of meat we're talking about, are a mixture of the melting fats AND the  BLOOD that gives the meat is characteristic "pink" center. That's where the "juice" comes from.
Anyone who KNOWS how to cook meat well can successfully retain a lot of flavor even in the "well-done" state. To think otherwise only reveals your lack is skill...
pimp.gif

But honestly, flavor isn't the issue here. It's health. Any good cook can prepare meat that is rare or well done and still have it be healthy. However, there are undoubtedly more dangers associated with rare-cooked meats than well-done cooked meats. If you order a rare-cooked piece of meat, and your ishh isn't cooked at the right temp, for the appropriate length of time, you're about to lose big-time. The same doesn't apply to a well-cooked meat, as it's well-cooked nature automatically ensures that it will be cooked thoroughly, at the right temp, for the right length of time. Just sayin'

ohwell.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You dont know about juices in a steak because you cook cook all the damn juices right out when you are overcooking the hell out of it.

word

Lukewarm - prime rib has a lot of fat in it and thats where these juices are coming from, not to mention his prime rib is medium rare which means it hasnt been dried out from being overcooked

These "Juices" you speak of, especially in regards to the kind of meat we're talking about, are a mixture of the melting fats AND the  BLOOD that gives the meat is characteristic "pink" center. That's where the "juice" comes from.
Anyone who KNOWS how to cook meat well can successfully retain a lot of flavor even in the "well-done" state. To think otherwise only reveals your lack is skill...
pimp.gif

But honestly, flavor isn't the issue here. It's health. Any good cook can prepare meat that is rare or well done and still have it be healthy. However, there are undoubtedly more dangers associated with rare-cooked meats than well-done cooked meats. If you order a rare-cooked piece of meat, and your ishh isn't cooked at the right temp, for the appropriate length of time, you're about to lose big-time. The same doesn't apply to a well-cooked meat, as it's well-cooked nature automatically ensures that it will be cooked thoroughly, at the right temp, for the right length of time. Just sayin'

ohwell.gif

Where do they do prime rib well-done? I'm confused. If someone served me a well-done cut of prime rib I'd give them the ole
alien.gif

I went to a steakhouse in LA years ago and at the top of the menu it read "If you want your steak well done, we suggest you go somewhere else.  Please dont insult our chef."

Will never forget that.

Anymore Christmas dinner pics guys?

This thread took a complete 180
From Post your Plate to how pink do you like your meat

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

word

you have no idea what youre talking about, if you were to take that the full prime rib which that slice came from Before it was cooked (uncooked) and were to slice it in half or w/e - there would be NO blood inside there

its red because of the juices mixing with the color of the meat

If you go to a steak house or house of prime rib and you order your steak/prime rib well done,everyone in that place is laughing at you because they know you're missing out.

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

My mom made Prime Rib last night. My bro asked how big i want my slice. Maybe a 16-18 ounce?
laugh.gif

11503f082ea011e180c9123138016265_7.jpg
What that blood taste like?...
sick.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Seriously, y'all need to cook the food thoroughly. It's for your own benefit. That goes for you too Tupac Jordan.

Thats Nasty. Theres actual blood puddled on the meat. 

It was my pic that started the havoc, so i'll try to turn this around. I don't have any more dinner pics, but i will recommend this for any plate (from Costco):

BOMB.COM
eek.gif

GetAttachment.aspx

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Black family holiday dinner>*

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i'm saying man, white people thanksgiving.
sick.gif
  i've always thought the same thing.
laugh.gif

word

you have no idea what youre talking about, if you were to take that the full prime rib which that slice came from Before it was cooked (uncooked) and were to slice it in half or w/e - there would be NO blood inside there

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm seriously convinced that you know nothing about cooking meat.
I cook venison, from wild deer, ALL THE TIME BRO'.

Just because you don't have blood running down your hand when you're holding a piece of plastic wrapped grocery meat doesn't mean that blood is non-existant.

If you take a piece of "red" meat, and put it on a hot skillet, blood and fat (melted) will quickly rise to the top of the meat (the cooler side/the side not in contact with the hot skillet surface). This mixture of blood and fat is really what the "juices" are about.

"its red because of the juices mixing with the color of the meat"

Are you serious?...
laugh.gif

Fine, answer me this-- what is the "color" of the meat minus the juice?

And where does meat get it's characteristic color from?

grin.gif

if you order a well done steak and i gotta cook it i'm not laughing at you.  i just am sad for ruining the nice steak. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats great that you cook venison, venison aint prime rib BRO, and what you asking "how that blood taste like" if you aint ever cooked it like that?

what you even know about beef with a post about blood on prime rib?  if youve ever even eaten it like that then you know it aint blood, its juice

i dont even know why im having this convo, youre first reply to me obviously indicated that you thought that those "juices" came from blood and not fat (or "concentrate")

If you take a piece of "red" meat, and put it on a hot skillet, blood and fat (melted) will quickly rise to the top of the meat (the cooler side/the side not in contact with the hot skillet surface). This mixture of blood and fat is really what the "juices" are about.

you sure about that BRO?  you sure thats not the juice (+water) from the inside the meat thats red because of coming into contact with the meat inside itself???

im starting to think youre forgetting what "blood" actually is,

not to mention EVEN if it was blood, simply "overcooking" food welldone wouldnt make blood disappear as you seem to think, the food would still be sitting in it as it cooked

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats great that you cook venison, venison aint prime rib BRO, and what you asking "how that blood taste like" if you aint ever cooked it like that?

what you even know about beef with a post about blood on prime rib?  if youve ever even eaten it like that then you know it aint blood, its juice

i dont even know why im having this convo, youre first reply to me obviously indicated that you thought that those "juices" came from blood and not fat (or "concentrate")

Clearly, the "concentrate"... 
dddz60.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My first reply was to see if YOU knew what these juices were composed of. Which you got half right. Look at my second reply to you where I state that the juices are a mixture of melted fats and BLOOD. 

And I love how you conveniently disregarded that latter part of my last post, where i asked you two simple questions...
grin.gif

You're right, I don't know why we're having this convo. You've shown that you know nothing about the matter. How you look at meat (rare or medium rare) with a blatantly pink center surrounded by puddles of blood and tell me that's juice from fat only?

Fact that your sn is "HealthInspector" makes this all the more funny...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. You'd be the one to serve someone salmonella infected meat with puddles of blood everywhere, someday, and brush it off as just extra juicy meat...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...smh.

http://www.amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/meat_science.html

Fluids. Most of the liquid in meat is protein laden water called myoglobin. The reddish color in meat and its juices is not caused by blood. That was pretty much all drained out in the slaughter house. If the stuff on your plate when you slice a steak was blood, it would be much darker, and it would coagulate, like human blood. If the fluids were blood, then pork and chicken would be dark red. It's mostly just water, so let's stop grossing out our kids, and just call it juice. OK?

not to mention it would be THICKER too

keep talking bro, its obvious by your posts you dont know nothing about food cooked below WELL-done

"what that blood taste like" - obvious you aint ever eaten it like that... cause then youd know its not blood

"its red because of the juices mixing with the color of the meat"
Are you serious?...
laugh.gif

it says it right there - protein laden water ie. CONTACT WITH THE MEAT

Back
Top Bottom