\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Its a showstopper for sure!

People stop and ask me about the car all the time and its the same story...everyone absolutely loves the body styling.

I just crossed 150k, as far as maintenance shes easy as pie...i change the oil every 4 months. Gonna do brakes and rotors later this year, I handle all the basic/intermediate stuff myself.

Hit me with that story!

Hey buddy, I will. I'll post it here cause it's just a crazy funny story. I'll try to condense it the best I can. I've been selling Fords since '97 (at age 20). Same store. Was dealing with lots of health issues when I got hired and for years into the early 2000s with Ulcerative Colitis. Had surgery in late 2001 to remove my entire large intestine, gallbladder and appendix. By late 03 I had to have a liver transplant at 27. So surviving that (had less than 2 weeks to go)

So surviving all that (I still deal with Crohn's today so bad I'm out on medical leave from work for several months as it's horrible right now) gave me my motto I live by and that is "don't wait to do something nice for yourself as you may never have the chance later". So when Ford redesigned the Mustang for the 1st time for 2005 since 1980, I was having a blast selling them. I'm the "car guy" of the store and this was easy for me. Cars are my passion! The GT was HARD to get back then. One a month tops for us (we weren't a big store but it was what it was). But every one I did deliver, the customers, when I would call a few days to a week later to follow up, said their life changed by driving it. Couldn't leave a gas station for 10-15 minutes as everyone had to get a look, attention like crazy. They said it was nuts!

So I thought to myself, maybe I should order one. My life from age 16-then 29 in '05, was just full of doctors, hospitals and tests after tests. No fun and definitely never had a chance to meet anyone. So I realized I had some good $$ saved up, and I ordered myself a car in Aug 05. Put it in the computer and all and waited and told NO ONE other than my few coworkers. Jan 31 '06 I took it home after coming back from the body shop to have LeMans stripes painted on!

Where the M6 comes in. Before I placed the order on July '05, I was on my way home from my sister's home in Souderton Pa (Suburb about 35 miles from Philly). Still thinking what to do about the car. So driving from her home, I went down a side road to get to the main road, and when I went this way (I never do but today I did) I saw it and was floored! There sat on 4 flat tires on BBS mesh wheels, was an Alpine White BMW E24 M6!!!! In all its glory!!! Paint was fine (was probably covered a lot). State inspection was out by over 7 years. But it was all there. The M wheels, the M steering wheel and shift knob.

I took the VIN to run it in Carfax at work and nothing came back. So I was thinking it was a grey market car but not sure (US got 2 model years but Euro cars has both M6 badge in the grill and M635CSi on the back. This didn't). I think it didn't show in CarFax as that was still pretty new then. So I pondered! And though and went online with what was available then in 2005 about how much would it cost to get this running and fixed up. I knew the S38 US straight 6 was strong (euro cars had the wonderful M88 with 25 more hp) but with old cars, you have to get them right to work for a long time. I thought about it for a week and Ultimately decided to get the new car (warranty, new thing, etc). So a few weeks I went back to see it and yup...it was gone!

I always think about it. How much could I have gotten it for? Back in 2005, with it not running for 7+ years? Maybe less than $10K? Who knows. But history worked for me as by having my Mustang, I joined a local online car club and went to some shows. And at one show I met a girl briefly at a show I would not have ever gone to had I not had my car, who I for some crazy reason, remembered her name 2 years later when I saw an Orange GT 5-speed pull in to the same show (again 2 years later) with the same spoiler her old car had (old car was a V6). She stopped by our canopies to say hi, and eventually we went out that winter of 08. The rest is history. We've been together ever since (over 11 years now and we just made it official December 2018! So I was NOT meant to get that M6! But I still want one!!! Hope this wasn't too long! 👍

PS. A pic of my car below (definitely NOT stock)
My Mustang (1).JPG

Last edited:
Hey buddy, I will. I'll post it here cause it's just a crazy funny story. I'll try to condense it the best I can. I've been selling Fords since '97 (at age 20). Same store. Was dealing with lots of health issues when I got hired and for years into the early 2000s with Ulcerative Colitis. Had surgery in late 2001 to remove my entire large intestine, gallbladder and appendix. By late 03 I had to have a liver transplant at 27. So surviving that (had less than 2 weeks to go)

So surviving all that (I still deal with Crohn's today so bad I'm out on medical leave from work for several months as it's horrible right now) gave me my motto I live by and that is "don't wait to do something nice for yourself as you may never have the chance later". So when Ford redesigned the Mustang for the 1st time for 2005 since 1980, I was having a blast selling them. I'm the "car guy" of the store and this was easy for me. Cars are my passion! The GT was HARD to get back then. One a month tops for us (we weren't a big store but it was what it was). But every one I did deliver, the customers, when I would call a few days to a week later to follow up, said their life changed by driving it. Couldn't leave a gas station for 10-15 minutes as everyone had to get a look, attention like crazy. They said it was nuts!

So I thought to myself, maybe I should order one. My life from age 16-then 29 in '05, was just full of doctors, hospitals and tests after tests. No fun and definitely never had a chance to meet anyone. So I realized I had some good $$ saved up, and I ordered myself a car in Aug 05. Put it in the computer and all and waited and told NO ONE other than my few coworkers. Jan 31 '06 I took it home after coming back from the body shop to have LeMans stripes painted on!

Where the M6 comes in. Before I placed the order on July '05, I was on my way home from my sister's home in Souderton Pa (Suburb about 35 miles from Philly). Still thinking what to do about the car. So driving from her home, I went down a side road to get to the main road, and when I went this way (I never do but today I did) I saw it and was floored! There sat on 4 flat tires on BBS mesh wheels, was an Alpine White BMW E24 M6!!!! In all its glory!!! Paint was fine (was probably covered a lot). State inspection was out by over 7 years. But it was all there. The M wheels, the M steering wheel and shift knob.

I took the VIN to run it in Carfax at work and nothing came back. So I was thinking it was a grey market car but not sure (US got 2 model years but Euro cars has both M6 badge in the grill and M635CSi on the back. This didn't). I think it didn't show in CarFax as that was still pretty new then. So I pondered! And though and went online with what was available then in 2005 about how much would it cost to get this running and fixed up. I knew the S38 US straight 6 was strong (euro cars had the wonderful M88 with 25 more hp) but with old cars, you have to get them right to work for a long time. I thought about it for a week and Ultimately decided to get the new car (warranty, new thing, etc). So a few weeks I went back to see it and yup...it was gone!

I always think about it. How much could I have gotten it for? Back in 2005, with it not running for 7+ years? Maybe less than $10K? Who knows. But history worked for me as by having my Mustang, I joined a local online car club and went to some shows. And at one show I met a girl briefly at a show I would not have ever gone to had I not had my car, who I for some crazy reason, remembered her name 2 years later when I saw an Orange GT 5-speed pull in to the same show (again 2 years later) with the same spoiler her old car had (old car was a V6). She stopped by our canopies to say hi, and eventually we went out that winter of 08. The rest is history. We've been together ever since (over 11 years now and we just made it official December 2018! So I was NOT meant to get that M6! But I still want one!!! Hope this wasn't too long! 👍

My Mustang (1).JPG
You make me wish I never got rid of my 08 gt. How many miles you have on it now? Looks like you take great care of it

Been gone for a while since 2015 here's my 09 G8 GT. Mods, cammed, kooks headers, solo mach shorty full exhaust, head work. H&R coilovers, forgestar f14 wheels

Nice build, this and the CTS both look so much better in sedan version.

yeah it makes me wanna do a clear bra on the whole car... have yall seen the matte clear bras? so fire but expensive
i think about it too, then im like ill ride out the current paint situation until it gets really bad then get a full correction and clearbra one day

Detailing and washing is relaxing to me. Black is a ***** to keep clean but the payoff is worth it imo

Ceramic coating helps with the swirls to an extent on black paint. I did it on my Challenger but some swirls came back as time went by. Going to look into getting it clear bra'd as the ultimate protection.

I'm noticing this on my baby as well after get the paint corrected and applying coating at the end of the summer last year.

I was a huge advocate against black cars for most my life but I am not going to lie it has become one of my fav exterior colors on a vehicle. The maintenance is a ***** but its worth it.

You make me wish I never got rid of my 08 gt. How many miles you have on it now? Looks like you take great care of it

Thanks buddy. It's my baby. It just crossed 45K on it. I only drive it about 2,000-3,000 miles a year. American Racing longtubes, off-road H, Borla, tune, Roush seats, Bullitt Mustang dash & shifter and 2010 GT500 suede/leather steering wheel among other things.

It's parked in the garage from the first salt spread on the roads here in Southeast PA to the tile I know weather will be good and a good rain washes the salt residue off the road. I used to use painter's tape all the time the first few years going to shows. Got pretty good at applying it to look perfect, lol. Now, I just drive it when it's nice out, to work occasionally and to the local cruise nights (drive in, walk arouns and leave). No time for an all-day Sunday car show anymore. That car is part of me with everything I went though. 👍

I'm noticing this on my baby as well after get the paint corrected and applying coating at the end of the summer last year.

I was a huge advocate against black cars for most my life but I am not going to lie it has become one of my fav exterior colors on a vehicle. The maintenance is a ***** but its worth it.
Yeah I remember you mentioning that you had it done. I've learned that the ceramic coating is prone to the same damage as the factory clear coat. The only way to avoid it & truly have flawless paint is clear bra. I'm doing a lot of research on it & eventually am going to get the entire car clear bra'd. It's costly but the only way to protect your investment. The bra itself is dull but I'm seeing that now you can have them apply a coat of ceramic on top of the clear bra & it shines just like a clear coat layer would. Agreed , black really is worth the headache

My Mustang (1).JPG
I absolutely love how they stayed oldschool with the reception antenna instead of the current shark fin style. It's more classic that way...wish Dodge went antenna style for the Challengers |l. I always say the smallest details make the biggest difference

My Mustang (1).JPG
Man such a good story, glad to hear you living life to the fullest brotha! Thanks for sharing.

seems like you and the m6 got some unfinished business...Thats crazy though, damn near a barn yard find. I wonder if that m6 is even on the road today?

came across this quote few years back and thought of your story...

“life is too short to drive ugly cars” 😎

I absolutely love how they stayed oldschool with the reception antenna instead of the current shark fin style. It's more classic that way...wish Dodge went antenna style for the Challengers |l. I always say the smallest details make the biggest difference

So true about the details. The antenna on my car, was a custom job done by my coworker back in 2006. He had a small shorty antenna with a signal booster (the little vertical cylinder tube on the antenna) he found in a trade in. Only problem, the antenna attachment point was female. On my car, the stock Ford antenna is male. So he got his tap & die kit out and made an attachment thread on the antenna to screw into the fender. Worked out fantastic. Back then, everyone wanted to know about the little tube on the antenna. Definitely is different.

I see what you did there with the ls2.5 lol.. I haven't put it on the dyno yet, but I've seen same mods on others put down 410-420whp
My friend had barely sold his g8 a while back. He had similar mods w/ stall and "shift kit" and made about 430. Not bad considering its auto. They're very fun cars I've been considering getting one with the prices very cheap around here.
20190407_202707_1.gif

I see what you did there with the ls2.5 lol.. I haven't put it on the dyno yet, but I've seen same mods on others put down 410-420whp
On a side note glad to see some lsx cars in here even if they just lurkers.
I got a trailblazer ss with bolt ons and stall and baby cam with a belltech drop kit
20190301_160645.jpg

Also got a H/C/I ls1 Camaro
20191108_190211.jpg

Also slowly working on a lsx foxbody ex chp

My friend had barely sold his g8 a while back. He had similar mods w/ stall and "shift kit" and made about 430. Not bad considering its auto. They're very fun cars I've been considering getting one with the prices very cheap around here.
20190407_202707_1.gif
I've been slacking on getting a bigger stall, but I cant make up my mind on getting a blower or going turbo, something I cant agree on lol

I've been slacking on getting a bigger stall, but I cant make up my mind on getting a blower or going turbo, something I cant agree on lol
I was in this predicament a few months back when I was planning my build. I ended up getting a bare bones LSA blower with a solid isolater for 1200(lightly used didnt come off a lsa equipped car) bought zl1 lid for 500 and fuel rails for 200. Still need to get aftermarket injectors and an upgraded brick for it but at the end I'll save alot with better parts. G8s have a good amount of room for a turbo setup but an lsa would do just fine if your on stock internals.

Back
Top Bottom