\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

300hp is not what it was 10 years ago. Every Lexus commercial ends with "The 305hp Lexus xx350..." add a damn turbo already. Also, Acuras, 3/4 series, and Lexus IS's are "near luxury"

In terms of what? Looks? Or performance?

Aftermarket mods is far more feasible on that Evo than those slow *** Lexus...

Different strokes for different folks. When a person begins to progress in their career, they move on as they get older.

When I was in high school, I wanted a suped up integra. Now that I'm older, you wouldn't catch me pulling up to the office in a fixed up rice cooker

300hp is not what it was 10 years ago. Every Lexus commercial ends with "The 305hp Lexus xx350..." add a damn turbo already. Also, Acuras, 3/4 series, and Lexus IS's are "near luxury"
Especially with the curb weights these days of said cars. 300hp today is more like 200hp in 2000. Which is just sufficient enough to not be slow when trying to pass someone.

In terms of what? Looks? Or performance?

Aftermarket mods is far more feasible on that Evo than those slow *** Lexus...
Different strokes for different folks. When a person begins to progress in their career, they move on as they get older.

When I was in high school, I wanted a suped up integra. Now that I'm older, you wouldn't catch me pulling up to the office in a fixed up rice cooker
Sold my Evo for the same exact reason. 

Especially with the curb weights these days of said cars. 300hp today is more like 200hp in 2000. Which is just sufficient enough to not be slow when trying to pass someone.

200? :lol: let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Just copped a 2016 Subaru Outback and kept it green w/ PZEZ :pimp: Needed something with space and utility for traveling to events. I love driving this car so much I'm thinking about taking it cross country to Cali in a couple months. Thing practically drives itself on the highway with the EyeSight adaptive cruise control system and lane departure button.

Eyeing some sports cars now so I'll be in this thread more often :nerd: My neighbor has a dope Porsche but it's been broken into three times in the past few months :x Post up a couple pics when I get home tonight. It's nothing special, but nothing beats buying a new car :smokin

Last edited:

Lmao Rice Cooker...

I can't talk. Traded my car in for a Cadillac CTSV.

Acura been trash for a minute.

And I drive an Acura.

Lmao Rice Cooker...

I can't talk. Traded my car in for a Cadillac CTSV.
You made the right choice, CTSV's are no joke. I've thought about getting a sedan in the future.

Audi Q5

Audi A3 Hatch

VW Tiguan

VW Touareg
Infiniti FX35

Looking for something similar in these classes. I'm 6'3" and live in New England, so comfort and AWD performance are priorities. Any advice?
Not sure about the hatch, but the regular A3 is so ******* small. My girlfriend test drove one back in February, and I felt cramped when I sat in the driver seat, and I'm an inch shorter than you are. She ended up getting the Q5.

Came across something interesting today about this car.

Someone in a Porsche Facebook group that I'm in is claiming that this car belonged to Osama Bin Laden. Said he had a private garage in London full of collector cars. And he had this as well as a matching white RSR. He says that he went there and took photos of the cars for the family lawyer back in 2014 but was not allowed to share them because they were trying to sell the cars in secret. He's worried about the money this car sells for will be funding terrorism if Bin Laden's family still owns the car right now.  He posted a couple photos.

No clue if the guy is BS and if he really did take those pictures, but the pictures he has are 100% the same car. And theres no pictures of that car floating around anywhere except for the ones RMSothebys took for the auctions so he may be for real.

Last edited:

Acura been trash for a minute.

And I drive an Acura.
laugh.gif
 damn, Acura is trash?

I like their headlights

[thread="266081"]Quote:[/thread]

Audi Q5
Audi A3 Hatch
VW Tiguan
VW Touareg

Infiniti FX35

Looking for something similar in these classes. I'm 6'3" and live in New England, so comfort and AWD performance are priorities. Any advice?

Not sure about the hatch, but the regular A3 is so ******* small. My girlfriend test drove one back in February, and I felt cramped when I sat in the driver seat, and I'm an inch shorter than you are. She ended up getting the Q5.

Yeah I would suggest the Q5 out of those options

Hopefully I get to pay off my 2 cars this year.

I may sell one of them. Had my eye on 2017 Raptor for awhile now! I love them.

Came across something interesting today about this car.

Someone in a Porsche Facebook group that I'm in is claiming that this car belonged to Osama Bin Laden. Said he had a private garage in London full of collector cars. And he had this as well as a matching white RSR. He says that he went there and took photos of the cars for the family lawyer back in 2014 but was not allowed to share them because they were trying to sell the cars in secret. He's worried about the money this car sells for will be funding terrorism if Bin Laden's family still owns the car right now.  He posted a couple photos.

No clue if the guy is BS and if he really did take those pictures, but the pictures he has are 100% the same car. And theres no pictures of that car floating around anywhere except for the ones RMSothebys took for the auctions so he may be for real.

Woah that is very interesting. I wonder if the white one will be privately sold or kept with the family if all of this is true.

Woah that is very interesting. I wonder if the white one will be privately sold or kept with the family if all of this is true.
The white one was already auctioned a couple of years ago. The new owner had it on display at the Quail during Monterey car week last year.

dope info about the Porsche. 

Porsche's designs are timeless classics for the most part. 
nthat.gif

Do S-class sedans not sell well? The fact that a 2015 can be had for about half of MSRP at all boggles my mind. It hurts me to know that the practically new '16 I was in (3k miles) is going to lose so much value so fast. He's not going to miss it but SHEESH 
sick.gif

The white one was already auctioned a couple of years ago. The new owner had it on display at the Quail during Monterey car week last year.

Ahh I never got a chance to see it in person, tickets are so damn expensive to that event. That reminds me I still need to find a place for this year. :smh:

engine blown by Porsche owner...ya know what da number 1 request for a replacement engine is in da comments.. 8)

Last edited:
My panamera just hit 65k miles today. (80 mile round trip commute, 6 days a week).

I'm beginning to have absolute faith in Porsche cars, provided you maintain them properly. My panamera is the hybrid model so it has the V6 supercharged motor from Audi, and an electric motor + battery.

To date, only thing I have had go wrong with the car is the AC compressor and it was replaced under warranty. It wasn't even broken but for some reason condensation would build up on the vents.

Last edited:
What's up fam? I'm looking to get a new whip sometime in the next couple of months and was looking to maybe get some type of sport sedan... I want something kind of luxurious without insane maintenance tickets. I'm not a big car guy, in fact I'm admittedly rather clueless lol I don't know if something like that exists but I'd love some feedback on the subject. I'm trying to get in the 20-30k range and was actually look at the hyundai genesis. Any thoughts on it specifically?

My panamera just hit 65k miles today. (80 mile round trip commute, 6 days a week).

I'm beginning to have absolute faith in Porsche cars, provided you maintain them properly. My panamera is the hybrid model so it has the V6 supercharged motor from Audi, and an electric motor + battery.

To date, only thing I have had go wrong with the car is the AC compressor and it was replaced under warranty. It wasn't even broken but for some reason condensation would build up on the vents.

That's awesome to hear.

I always hear how German cars are so unreliable and this and that.

If you take care of them properly and don't use cheap parts they are great. My b7 is going on 180k and it still runs and drives mint

That's awesome to hear.

I always hear how German cars are so unreliable and this and that.

If you take care of them properly and don't use cheap parts they are great. My b7 is going on 180k and it still runs and drives mint

180k on an A4 is actually pretty incredible, but as you mentioned, it comes down to the owner. Maintenance isn't always enough, if you're a spirited driver you should be doing preventative maintenance as well. I believe that German cars will probably break down sooner than Japanese if you just treat your cars like crap, but if you are more proactive in taking care of the car then it shouldn't be an issue. I think many people don't really do preventative maintenance on German cars because of the price tag but I believe that should be factored into the costs when you're buying the car. Just like on the weekend if you can't afford to take an uber when you go out for drinks, you shouldn't go out.

Back
Top Bottom