\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

It could also be the calipers.

Like YD said, you shouldn't pay anywhere near what you were quoted. If you can't do it yourself, find a local shop and they'll do it for a great deal.

Like YD said, you shouldn't pay anywhere near what you were quoted. If you can't do it yourself, find a local shop and they'll do it for a great deal.
I'm gonna attempt to do it myself if I can't resolve it next week. I know the dealer is tired of seeing my face but I'm not gonna let it go like that.

Just gotta research well and find the right parts. Like I said I know nothing so the research is crucial 

I'm gonna attempt to do it myself if I can't resolve it next week. I know the dealer is tired of seeing my face but I'm not gonna let it go like that.

Just gotta research well and find the right parts. Like I said I know nothing so the research is crucial 

Sounds like your rotors might be glazed over, or it could be as simple as your pads and pins needing more grease. Either way, its a job you should easily be able to do yourself.

Front discs are extremely easy to service, the whole job can be done in well under an hour. Rear discs are still pretty simple, but usually a little harder because on a lot of models there is no top bolt. This means you have less space to work with and can require more disassembly if you want to service the rotors. Rear disc's also often require a compression cube or brake key to compress the calipers, unlike most front brakes that can be compressed with a c clamp. I've never actually serviced drums before, but I hear they are a serious pain.

Yeah that's what I heard about the drums from some guy.. And the dealer said it'll take 4 hours for them to do the whole thing. Idk, we'll see what the outcome is

Damn that shop was trying to rip you the hell off man.
mean.gif

I have a buddy who used to be a Master tech at Honda. He quit to do his own thing because he has a shop at his house.

I just took my girls 06 civic to him last week for brakes and he said he charges $70 for fronts and $160 for rears (drums). That was Parts + Labor.   (He charged me a little less 
smile.gif
)

Last edited:
06 Acura Rsx (White) Coupe 84,000 miles for 10k Its auto, I know, I know

Is that WAY to much? Its a dealer offering that.

No its just I cant drive stick
Man don't let that stop you. When I bought my first STI I had never even tried to drive manual. Talk about a horrible car to practice on 
laugh.gif

But seriously man it doesn't take long to get it down, just go in a empty lot and have at it. Only hard part is on hills. Now its like second nature to me after having a couple different cars with it.

Its really easy bruh. Check out some tutorial vids on YouTube to help u get a visual understanding of the process.. Once u see what is done in real time it will translate. Its simple coordination, finesse and timing..

That is a very expensive way to learn. Why not get just get a "clunker" car that's stick to learn because at the least you will have to replace the clutch one or twice to learn and if you go to the dealer to replace a clutch a week after you got it, it would be embarrassing

That is a very expensive way to learn. Why not get just get a "clunker" car that's stick to learn because at the least you will have to replace the clutch one or twice to learn and if you go to the dealer to replace a clutch a week after you got it, it would be embarrassing
Man who is going to buy a car just to practice with? 
laugh.gif

Its not that hard to learn, Ive never heard of anyone replacing their clutch after learning how to drive. The best way would be find a friend with one and let them teach you. All you have to know is that your going to use your left foot to put the clutch in, not rocket science.

Last edited:
Your SN is appropriate. There's no way he'll burn through 2 clutches learning how to drive stick. He won't even burn through 1 clutch learning if he has a half decent teacher.

@EyeSeeSoles. Like BIGBOSS said, it's not difficult to learn. Find someone who has been driving stick for awhile, and get them to teach you. Hell, I taught my girl on my old 5.0L Mustang, within an hour she had it pretty much down, and that's not an easy car to learn on. So if you want a type-s (and that's the only RSX I'd even remotely consider), then don't let it being a stick scare you off.

Last edited:
I'll always be grateful to my old man for making me learn how to drive manual before I could get my license :pimp:

Last edited:

I had to rep u for this post Dank... Dudes kill me with that "Vette motor" talk.. I hear it so much that now I don't even try and correct them.....

@@Grizzlyboy congrats on the Impala bruh...
I think a lot of people use it because unless you're a gearhead, "it has a LT1/LS1/LS2 etc. in it" means nothing to the average Joe. Hell, I'm guilty of doing this when I had my TBSS. Tell people it's got an LS2 and you get a blank look, tell people it's got a Corvette engine and you get the Ohhhhhh reaction
laugh.gif

Dodge has the infamous "da hemi" that is thought of as powerful and fast, regardless of what size and power it's actually pushing. Chevy unfortunately has no such buzz word. Enter "vette motor", Chevy's version of the hemi buzz word
laugh.gif

You're both right though
smokin.gif
Speaking of Vettes I wonder when they'll make a zr1 trim for the new one
years ago i read there will be no zr1 for the c7
---___---

See.........see this the type of **** that pisses me off

I had no problem with Chevy till now

****** camaro design cool

Builds a beautiful impala with no ss trim cool

But nah they plan to not make a zr1 trim for the new Vette that would be a money maker and make me feel good inside? Nah bruh **** Chevy

**** em
Don't eem want a Vette no more
i like it that way, makes the c6 zr1 more special

not to mention the c7 zo6 is supercharged so there would really be no need for a zr1

Back
Top Bottom