\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I'm sorry I read your question wrong. Was in the hospital again this weekend and got home late last night. Still feel crappy. 😕. Honestly, it's how many they built. It's overproduced. Just like the C8 Corvette. They've made over 100,000 of those already and the depreciation on them is more than the C7.

No worries man, health is wealth bro. Hope youre feeling better!!!

Stop buying LS's people.... especially ones from the 90s. Yea they may run forever but you're gunna hafta put time and money into it and it'll be extremelyyy rewarding. STEER clear.... until I get 2 more.

But seriously. Find one that's had the suspension work done and you'll be fine. Otherwise you're going to start ~3 bands in the hole.

But specifically the Bronco? Sounds like thats the Ford brand in general youre mostly talking about. Thought it would be like the Wrangler which is still hugely popular no? Surprised Broncos are tanking like that was well.
Broncos are tanking because they are over priced. Wranglers are also hurting. They aren't getting new buyers and those tracked as loyalty owners have dropped.

I understand some people like the Raptor and stuff, but no way a Ford Bronco is worth 100k. And a 392 jeep is not worth the money either. The fan base of Jeep Wranglers aren't those that have the money to afford current price tags. American cars got greedy and all of then are paying for it now.

Last edited:
Came close to dropping BREAD on a clean 100k mile LX470. I need to chill :lol:

Still think I'll end up paying somewhere from $20-25k for a clean one. 200 series pricing territory but idc

Last edited:
I've been having major Panther platform fever but mainly it's Lincoln Town Car fever. Would love me a bubbly body '02-'11 Town Car. There's a shop in New Hampshire called Specialty Motor Cars & dude gets the most pristine example Panther cars. I've probably watched about 80 of his videos in the past 2 weeks :lol: + a bunch of other videos on Crown Vics. I need a Town Car in my life!

I've been having major Panther platform fever but mainly it's Lincoln Town Car fever. Would love me a bubbly body '02-'11 Town Car. There's a shop in New Hampshire called Specialty Motor Cars & dude gets the most pristine example Panther cars. I've probably watched about 80 of his videos in the past 2 weeks :lol: + a bunch of other videos on Crown Vics. I need a Town Car in my life!

Now that they’re not police cars anymore, I’m all for this.

Now that they’re not police cars anymore, I’m all for this.
Absolutely. Man, all 3 Panthers are so dope. I love the Grand Marquis as well but my heart is with the Lincoln. They still go for a good chunk of change in good condition. I'd love to get one with the L designation like SignatureL or ExecutiveL, those are the ones with 6" of extra legroom in the rear.

Checking out a ‘03 LX with 300k on it. Some old dude has owned it since 2005

I’m guessing it wont be as nice I want but in the off chance it is might be able to scoop it for cheap

IMG_7295.png

I have this ferrari as my background and I was wondering why I don’t see many YouTubers throwing an ls in an old rarri?
Maybe it’s my calling 🤔

IMG_7295.png

I have this ferrari as my background and I was wondering why I don’t see many YouTubers throwing an ls in an old rarri?
Maybe it’s my calling 🤔

Well, that's a 288 GTO, so that would NEVER happen as they are worth $3M. But in something like a 308? Still won't. Even those cars are going up so much compared to 10 years ago. There was a time you could grab a Magnum P.I. car for around $30-40k many years ago. Today, NOT EVEN CLOSE. Just checked BaT. Average for any 308 is around $80k. Even the cheapest car was a 8v injected car (carbed cars are more desirable) did high $50s.

You would have to find a clapped out car or one with a blown motor that would also need a ton of work to pull off. It's value of donor vs end result. That's why you don't see it. You're better off doing it to an older 911.

The Marauders were clean

1727583997044.jpeg

you only looking for LX? I got a 99 LC im getting ready to sell

Open to LCs but mainly LXs. Just noticing LCs are harder to find / command more of a premium. At least in the later 00s models

99 is a bit old for me I think. Even the 03 I’m looking at is older than I’d prefer (especially with that mileage)

Truck will be a DD for 4-5 months so best interior + features for the model would be ideal. Expecting I’ll hold out for a 06-07

Open to LCs but mainly LXs. Just noticing LCs are harder to find / command more of a premium. At least in the later 00s models

99 is a bit old for me I think. Even the 03 I’m looking at is older than I’d prefer (especially with that mileage)

Truck will be a DD for 4-5 months so best interior + features for the model would be ideal. Expecting I’ll hold out for a 06-07

Yea in a way, the newer years in the 100 series just have the AHC (which kinda sucks, alot of people replace with a lift anyway) and the tech is super dated and its all a big panels its a pain to update
I like the older models just cuz the rear and center diff was pretty much standard and they removed the rears in the later years..less things to go wrong with radio/tech since i replaced mine with a new system anyway
People tend to go newer with the 5 spd, but the truck is still slow no matter what you do to it lol :lol:

good luck on the search tho! btw make sure youre checking for rust!

with that said new Asfir skid and trans plates just got put on :pimp:

IMG_6654 2.jpg

Yea in a way, the newer years in the 100 series just have the AHC (which kinda sucks, alot of people replace with a lift anyway) and the tech is super dated and its all a big panels its a pain to update
I like the older models just cuz the rear and center diff was pretty much standard and they removed the rears in the later years..less things to go wrong with radio/tech since i replaced mine with a new system anyway
People tend to go newer with the 5 spd, but the truck is still slow no matter what you do to it lol :lol:

good luck on the search tho! btw make sure youre checking for rust!

with that said new Asfir skid and trans plates just got put on :pimp:

Yeah additional reasons LCs are more coveted. The off road dudes don’t want AYC and the potential added complexity of the NAV unit

I’m in the minority in that I don’t mind the nav and will deal with the issues if that time comes. I have a Gromm in my 05 LS w/nav and it’s enough functionality for me

AYC I actually don’t mind either if it’s working right and was maintained. I know capability is the same if you swap it out but I’ve heard the ride quality won’t be exactly the same even with a stock LC suspension

I’m in the middle of the rust belt so rust is a definite concern. Both in finding one rust-free and keeping it that way as long as possible since this will be a winter vehicle. Y’all dudes out West have it really nice :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah additional reasons LCs are more coveted. The off road dudes don’t want AYC and the potential added complexity of the NAV unit

I’m in the minority in that I don’t mind the nav and will deal with the issues if that time comes. I have a Gromm in my 05 LS w/nav and it’s enough functionality for me

AYC I actually don’t mind either if it’s working right and was maintained. I know capability is the same if you swap it out but I’ve heard the right quality won’t be exactly the same even with a stock LC suspension

I’m in the middle of the rust belt so rust is a definite concern. Both in finding one rust-free and in keeping it that was as long as possible since this will be a winter vehicle. Y’all dudes out West have it really nice :lol:

Ah feel you
I just see tons of issues with it once the globes go out, but others love it if theirs are working right.
Ouch! Hopefully you can find a Western/Desert owned one with no rust but it def does command the premium pricing esp for the years you mentioned, if youre on FB theres tons of cruiser/lx groups with dudes selling for pretty good deals
GL!

AYC I actually don’t mind either if it’s working right and was maintained. I know capability is the same if you swap it out but I’ve heard the ride quality won’t be exactly the same even with a stock LC suspension

I’m in the middle of the rust belt so rust is a definite concern. Both in finding one rust-free and keeping it that way as long as possible since this will be a winter vehicle. Y’all dudes out West have it really nice :lol:
Yea man i couldn't imagine having to deal with rust seems like such a chore

Not mine….@gym this morning

IMG_0227.jpeg

IMG_0226.jpeg

As a Gulf Racing fanatic (I have SO MANY hats, shirts, jackets, my Race Deck garage floor has Gulf Strip colored tiles 😂) I approve of his. And if anyone is curious why not light blue & orange, this seems to be a wrap commentating cars #12R & #15R.
52100934536_0604980333_b.jpg

I say it's a wrap only because, yes McLaren has the rights to offer the Gulf colors & logo on a car (it's a VERY PROTECTED trademark) but from what I remember, they only did a select number of 720s in the actual color of light blue & orange with the painted Gulf logo. Took 20 days to do 🤯 Here's the link on it.

The color scheme looks so good on pretty much anything. And while not a Porsche Guy, the 918 in Gulf Livery...🤤🤤🤤🔥🔥🔥
918gulf01.jpg

Sold for $3.5M with fee! 😱😱🤯🤯

And when I said it looks good on almost everything, even on an early S197 Mustang. The Saleen 550 Ford GT owners edition.
news_2014_07-0002_ebay_006.jpg

Seeing this picture, always makes me consider wrapping my car but it ends quickly when I see how much it costs to do 🤯

Back
Top Bottom