\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Honestly since the resale blows I find it a bargain for a clean used one. My biggest issue is the V-6 when I would prefer a V-8. I know it’s fast and has 600hp but so does my Dyson lol. None of these V-6 super cars are doing too hot.

What’s crazy is a used 911 4S with options is the same price. Not even a Turbo. Forget a GT3.

About to just get a GR86 and put a Ferrari kit on it with all these prices lmfao

Not true. Ford GT is a consistent $1M car with a sticker that started around $475 when they first came out to around $600k-$800k based on packages (bare carbon car was the ceiling) when production ended. GTs won't drop in value since they are done. And having taken a ride in my friend's car, HOLY ****! Yeah, didn't need a V8 (and they couldn't anyway as it had to have the same motor for the race car based on homologation rules). Sounds killer, power seems unlimited, and it is a street legal LeMans car. I love it, but I'll always take the '05-06 as I'm a GT40 fanatic.

:emoji_eyes:

IMG_6094.jpeg

Perfect example of buying used. Same with Aston Martin. You NEVER buy one new. NEVER!! Certain brands have horrendous depreciation!

Oh, and I can't believe what I started with the whole MC20/911 debate. 😂😂

But I'm weird anyway. I'll still take an Evora GT over a base 911 and that's a hill I will always die on. Yeah I said it. 😂😂

Not true. Ford GT is a consistent $1M car with a sticker that started around $475 when they first came out to around $600k-$800k based on packages (bare carbon car was the ceiling) when production ended. GTs won't drop in value since they are done. And having taken a ride in my friend's car, HOLY ****! Yeah, didn't need a V8 (and they couldn't anyway as it had to have the same motor for the race car based on homologation rules). Sounds killer, power seems unlimited, and it is a street legal LeMans car. I love it, but I'll always take the '05-06 as I'm a GT40 fanatic.

Forgot about the GT.. seems to be the exception

MakeNTGreatAgain MakeNTGreatAgain
05fordgt 05fordgt

Why do I hate and constantly bash the new 4cyl C63 but pissed that this never came out ??

Yeah, the C-X75, that was the car used in Spectre, driven by Hinx (Dave Bautista). Jaguar had a SURE FIRE WINNER! A joint venture with Williams F1. A technological marvel. When it first got released as a concept, it had 4 electric motors (1 each corner) and a diesel fed micro gas turbines recharging the batteries instead of a 4-stroke motor. Amazing tech & design, but the financials didn't fit. Shame as it is GORGEOUS!!! Then they changed it to the orange car in the video to see if it was feasible for production. It wasn't.

But Callum Design had a wealthy guy ask him to make one street legal and he did. I'll always have thing for this car. WOW!!! Here's a story of how they made one of the 5 stunt cars legal.

Basically used the F-Type SVR 575 hp 5.0L S/C V8 and made everything else conform.

My final 2cents on the MC20/911 debate.

The MC20 is a beautiful styled car. If you want something that is "Exotic" looking, then I don't think there is a debate that the MC20 stands out more than the base 911. If I had to choose a "operational" car to drive around for fun for a day, I would take the MC20 over a base 911.

But IMO; As I'm sure some have expressed their view from a standpoint of owning the car, the 911 is a better car to own for practicality. Maserati's big depreciation curve, unreliability reputation, impracticality makes the 911 just a better everyday car to own. I have yet to see a MC20 over 100k miles. Time will tell how they hold up since they are so new. At least I can trust the 911 to rack up thousands of spirited miles without breaking down on me.

My final 2cents on the MC20/911 debate.

The MC20 is a beautiful styled car. If you want something that is "Exotic" looking, then I don't think there is a debate that the MC20 stands out more than the base 911. If I had to choose a "operational" car to drive around for fun for a day, I would take the MC20 over a base 911.

But IMO; As I'm sure some have expressed their view from a standpoint of owning the car, the 911 is a better car to own for practicality. Maserati's big depreciation curve, unreliability reputation, impracticality makes the 911 just a better everyday car to own. I have yet to see a MC20 over 100k miles. Time will tell how they hold up since they are so new. At least I can trust the 911 to rack up thousands of spirited miles without breaking down on me.

The depreciation curve is the sole reason one does NOT buy an MC20 new. Let someone else take the hit. In regards to seeing one over 100k? That's a bit disingenuous to say that's a drawback as you don't know how it will be. The car only came out as a 2022 and there are less than 850 coupes. You won't see one of these over 100k for some time. Could be many years, with the exception of one being a rental or a car used for an exotic driving experience.

The depreciation curve is the sole reason one does NOT buy an MC20 new. Let someone else take the hit. In regards to seeing one over 100k? That's a bit disingenuous to say that's a drawback as you don't know how it will be. The car only came out as a 2022 and there are less than 850 coupes. You won't see one of these over 100k for some time. Could be many years, with the exception of one being a rental or a car used for an exotic driving experience.

This is why I said “time will tell”. Porsche 911 are proven to be reliable performance cars. So far, all we can do is benchmark the MC20 against Maseratis name which isn’t very favorable for reliability.

This is why I said “time will tell”. Porsche 911 are proven to be reliable performance cars. So far, all we can do is benchmark the MC20 against Maseratis name which isn’t very favorable for reliability.

True, but the old Maseratis were part of Ferrari for a good while, before going to Stellantis.

I totaled my 2018 Impala Premier and I am looking to replace it with some similar but a tad bit better maybe. I think I have it narrowed down between a 2018 LaCrosse, Lincoln Continental, and Genesis G80. I don't want to spend over 25k, insurance is giving me $15,500 for my Implala. Thoughts? Don't want to spend over 25k rn I got too much **** going on and I was honestly looking forward to having no car note, I only owed $6,500 on my Impala. :frown:
I'd go G80 (I kinda did)

Totaled my 2016 Impala LT and bought a '11 Genesis all cash cause I was at fault
Totaled that and just bought a 2018 G80 Sport

Def still miss my hidden compartment spot and there's less USBs in the Genesis

Sounds like a good way to not sell cars.

OMW to Iowa to pick up my car they had all these video speeding cameras along the highway... didn't know what they were at first so I probably have like 10 tickets on the way... lol, but I heard not they don't count towards speeding on your insurance anyway, and I don't plan on ever going back or through Iowa so they can gone head and send that warrant if they want to, lol.

Sounds like a good way to not sell cars.
Actually, they would probably sell more car. It doesn't report YOUR car, it reports cars around you. Police officers aint gonna be with all that work tho. The second they turn it on the whole map gonna light up.

IMG_9134.jpeg

Been doing a lot of back and forth as far as what to buy next. Almost pulled the trigger on a huracan a month or so ago and a 488 a couple weeks before that. Decided not to for various reasons, but the itch has still been there.

This z06 popped up near me. 1LZ with a msrp of $118k. 12 miles on it and seller is letting it go for $116k. Is there any better value out there right now?

IMG_9134.jpeg

Been doing a lot of back and forth as far as what to buy next. Almost pulled the trigger on a huracan a month or so ago and a 488 a couple weeks before that. Decided not to for various reasons, but the itch has still been there.

This z06 popped up near me. 1LZ with a msrp of $118k. 12 miles on it and seller is letting it go for $116k. Is there any better value out there right now?

The E-Ray is a pretty damn good value if you can get it for MSRP. The standard CPC V8 (so no possible issues from the FPC V8 with the hybrid setup. So fantastic power AND the car has AWD so it's going to handle amazing! And the sound it makes, sounds like a freaking space ship. Plus it has the Z06 wider body. Looks and all. And I'm NOT a Corvette guy.

The E-Ray is a pretty damn good value if you can get it for MSRP. The standard CPC V8 (so no possible issues from the FPC V8 with the hybrid setup. So fantastic power AND the car has AWD so it's going to handle amazing! And the sound it makes, sounds like a freaking space ship. Plus it has the Z06 wider body. Looks and all. And I'm NOT a Corvette guy.

Agreed. E-Ray is one of my favorites right now…

Back
Top Bottom