\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

What part of Ky?

I don’t really realize it but there’s a lot of money in horses and tobacco farming in Kentucky.

Don’t sleep it’s money down there.
Paris.

Facts man, usually you only see nice cars in Lexington, but I hardly ever go to Paris, I just was over there for a game.

Good run with a couple friends today. Running out of weekends this year of not having snow on the ground up in this canyon.
A84C045B-AF93-4ACD-86D9-FAC8E61BF966.jpg
More info on the MR2 please. Info on the Martin would be nice as well.
Im not a fan of the new IS by any means, but I love how this 600f looks. Modified 350 engine with 2 turbos, Sparco seats, yo this thing fire. Straight out of Fast and Furious, Brian O'Connor would be proud. :lol: :pimp:

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 11.19.55 PM.png
Why would Brian be proud of at 370? Because of the twin turbos? I been seeing his likeness thrown around recently and been confused. I saw an image of him at SEMA regarding the new Z, and I was confused. He never repped the Z in the movies. I could see a Skyline.

The MR2 is my friend's. I think the only mods are suspension, wheels, and a redone interior.
The AM is a 2007, so it's the 4.3 liter version of the V8. Full stock except some aesthetic upgrades like a 6-bar grille vs. the stock 8-bar.

but he asked nicely :angry:

:lol:

I did! lol.The Countach was designed by Marcello Gandini and was revered as futuristic. It wasn’t just random triangles or whatever. That isn’t design it’s just 1980s CAD and Elon trolling. And in a couple of years we will be surrounded not just by Tesla eggs but Tesla 1980s CAD lol

Why would Brian be proud of at 370? Because of the twin turbos? I been seeing his likeness thrown around recently and been confused. I saw an image of him at SEMA regarding the new Z, and I was confused. He never repped the Z in the movies. I could see a Skyline.

370? You mean that IS I posted? I meant modified IS350 engine.

Why are you confused dawg, any import with mods would get a similar comment, regardless if he drove it or not, its a general Fast and Furious ting. I coudda said Dom instead of Brian, same idea. :lol:

I did! lol.The Countach was designed by Marcello Gandini and was revered as futuristic. It wasn’t just random triangles or whatever. That isn’t design it’s just 1980s CAD and Elon trolling. And in a couple of years we will be surrounded not just by Tesla eggs but Tesla 1980s CAD lol
😂

Triangles are actually really strong from a torsional rigidity POV. Again, the wedge shape on a windshield with little to no 'break' or 'touchdown' (i.e. the handoff from from hood to windshield) dictates an exposed windshield wiper arm.

Who knew comparing a repurposed Alfa Romeo concept made by a former tractor company would become a hallowed non-starter in a conversation about shapes?

I'll say this about Franz-he is empowered and it sounds outside of obvious (the stock compensation), he is happy with his ability to usher new ideas into fruition.

I don't like some of the things he does, but man that sucks. As a car collector I wish him the best. Not to sound insensitive but once he does leave us I wonder if he plans to donate his car collection to a few museums or sell them. It would be dope if he did a drawing for all of them, with a stipulation you can't sell the car for 5 years. Hopefully deter those just trying to get a car to flip it.
370? You mean that IS I posted? I meant modified IS350 engine.

Why are you confused dawg, any import with mods would get a similar comment, regardless if he drove it or not, its a general Fast and Furious ting. I coudda said Dom instead of Brian, same idea. :lol:
Yeah my fault I meant the IS, was looking at the 370, MR2, and Martin. It's not really the same thing, "Brian" (as if I speak for him) didn't really rep an IS though. He was always associated with a Skyline if not a Supra. Saying Dom would be worse because outside of the first one he was totally against imports.

I don't like some of the things he does, but man that sucks. As a car collector I wish him the best. Not to sound insensitive but once he does leave us I wonder if he plans to donate his car collection to a few museums or sell them. It would be dope if he did a drawing for all of them, with a stipulation you can't sell the car for 5 years. Hopefully deter those just trying to get a car to flip it.

A drawing? For what, a free car? Like what, drop $20 for a chance at winning his McLaren F1? Come on buddy, you can't be serious? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Knowing how others do it, I'm sure Jay has his cars & motorcycles (and building and all decorative pieces) all set up to go into a charitable trust when he passes. His hangers in Burbank would then be open to the public on a constant basis (several days a week and every weekend for example). The entry fee ($10-20) would go to a dedicated charity and it would become as 501c (3) type.

Google Simeone museum in Philadelphia. A neurosurgeon amassed a large collection of valuable historical race cars. He opened a museum. He passed a few months ago. Collection is still going and the tours and demo days are going on for the future. The museum is a non-profit chairty. I'm sure Jay will have it set up the same in the future to share his love of cars, motorcycles and automotive memorabilia for the next generation of fans.

A drawing? For what, a free car? Like what, drop $20 for a chance at winning his McLaren F1? Come on buddy, you can't be serious? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Knowing how others do it, I'm sure Jay has his cars & motorcycles all set up to go into a charitable trust when he passes. His hangers in Burbank would then be open to the public on a constant basis (several days a week and every weekend for example). The entry fee ($10-20) would go to a dedicated charity and it would become as 501c(3)type.

Google Simeone museum in Philadelphia. A neurosurgeon amassed a large collection of valuable historical race cars. He opened a museum. He passed a few months ago. Collection is still going and the tours and demo days are going on for the future. All money goes to charity. I'm sure Jay has it all set up for the exact same when the time ultimately comes (hopefully not for A LONG WHILE as I love Jay).

A drawing? For what, a free car? Like what, drop $20 for a chance at winning his McLaren F1? Come on buddy, you can't be serious? 🤦🏻‍♂️ Knowing how others do it, I'm sure Jay has his cars & motorcycles all set up to go into a charitable trust when he passes. His hangers in Burbank would then be open to the public on a constant basis (several days a week and every weekend for example). The entry fee ($10-20) would go to a dedicated charity and it would become as 501c(3)type.

Google Simeone museum in Philadelphia. A neurosurgeon amassed a large collection of valuable historical race cars. He opened a museum. He passed a few months ago. Collection is still going and the tours and demo days are going on for the future. All money goes to charity. I'm sure Jay has it all set up for the exact same when the time ultimately comes (hopefully not for A LONG WHILE as I love Jay).
So legal drawings aren't done for cars? Celebs aren't endorsing drawings for Porsches?
Omaze didn't follow it up with a drawing for a Mclaren?

You aren't with the idea cool, but let's not act like companies haven't been putting the carrot out to win a free car, by entering a sweepstakes.

i think what he's trying to say is a car here and there from different companies is different than raffling off all of Leno's collection. we're not just talking 20 cars.

😂

Triangles are actually really strong from a torsional rigidity POV. Again, the wedge shape on a windshield with little to no 'break' or 'touchdown' (i.e. the handoff from from hood to windshield) dictates an exposed windshield wiper arm.

Who knew comparing a repurposed Alfa Romeo concept made by a former tractor company would become a hallowed non-starter in a conversation about shapes?

I'll say this about Franz-he is empowered and it sounds outside of obvious (the stock compensation), he is happy with his ability to usher new ideas into fruition.

Yeah triangle is the strongest shape but I’m sorry I don’t see any design there. Just trolling. The major thing it has going for it will be absolutely distinctive. Most trucks today look similar with a giant grill.

That said we will see them all over since there’s a huge waiting list. Sigh…..

So legal drawings aren't done for cars? Celebs aren't endorsing drawings for Porsches?
Omaze didn't follow it up with a drawing for a Mclaren?

You aren't with the idea cool, but let's not act like companies haven't been putting the carrot out to win a free car, by entering a sweepstakes.

Uh, there is a HUGE difference here with what you first proposed (or wished) vs what you posted as examples. First off, the Porsche that is Dempsey is apart of, is donated by Porsche NA, as he is a Porsche race team owner, and brand ambassador. It's not owned by a private individual.

The Omaze car, same idea to a point. Omaze takes the money they collect for the McLaren, and only 15% goes to the charity in question (read the fine print, its eye opening). 65%-75% goes towards the prize (paying for it to give away), advertising and processing fees. Omaze gets 20%. So Omaze is making more than they are giving away when a car is involved!

You are suggesting (or hoping) Jay Leno just decides to give his entire collection worth well over $100M away on raffles. I'm sorry, but that RARELY happens (if it's ever happened). You always see these large valuable collections go for auction via Gooding, RM, Sotheby's, Barrett-Jackson, BaT, etc. That's how these collections get liquidated when someone passes.

Plus, a lot of people don't realize the ramifications of winning a large dollar vehicle in a raffle. There are so many tax implications it's almost not worth the win. Yeah, some of these new raffles include a cash prize as well, to help pay the taxes. Most don't realize that your on the hook, not only for sales tax in your state, plus registration and titling fees, but your also on the hook for state AND federal income tax. And depending on the value of the car, it could be a very very LARGE tax requirement come tax season (can you imagine the tax requirements for a normal individual who wins his McLaren F1, in your fictional raffle? That would financially cripple that person. Let alone the upkeep on the car).

Like I said, I'm almost assured Leno will open his collection into a museum for the general public when he is gone and that would be the best thing.

😂

i love triangles im so intrigued by roll cages for that very reason

this gets me sexcited
1668540613916.png

Early 2010s granturismo with plastidipped wheels that are curbed to hell costs no more than 40k

What is crazy is these cars get abused and maintained with short cuts. If at all. I deal with tons of shops and the stories are crazy.

A new Rav4 probably cost more than that piece of junk. Srs.

Early 2010s granturismo with plastidipped wheels that are curbed to hell costs no more than 40k

What is crazy is these cars get abused and maintained with short cuts. If at all. I deal with tons of shops and the stories are crazy.

These are great deals IF you get the right one in regards to year. They offered these with 2 different transmissions. Early ones IIRC, had the ZF gearbox, which is basically bulletproof. No issues EVER! The later ones had the god awful single clutch transmission that had SO MANY issues. The YouTuber Casey Putuch got one for around $30K less than a year ago and it was CLEAN (White/red leather). Remember, these have a Ferrari V8 in them.

Back
Top Bottom