\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Ok, so Friday & Saturday we got a chance to wash the car and really check it out more closely and take it out for a nice drive and such. Here are a few pics of it on the same day just different times during the day. The color shift of this paint is UNREAL!! The first 2 and next 3 pictures, time is about 2 hours apart Friday at 6 pm vs 8:15 or so. It goes from a pinky purple, a la Viola30 from the Diablo 30th anniversary to a more Joker purple when the sun is not on it. And in the dark, it's very stealth and looks deep purple (no pic). The last two are around 12 pm and then around 8:45 Sunday. It's an amazing amount of shift. It's mind blowing.
PXL_20220624_232958005.MP.jpg
PXL_20220624_233008265.MP.jpg
PXL_20220625_003727864.MP.jpg
PXL_20220625_003735102.MP.jpg
PXL_20220625_003748800.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20220625_161858230.MP.jpg
PXL_20220626_004719803.MP.jpg

It drives amazingly well. Super compliant & smooth on the resurfaced roads around us, and even on some cruddy roads with a few patched potholes, not jarring at all. One could EASILY daily drive it. Then there is the noise! HOLY HELL, WHAT A SOUND!! With the prior installed 3rd cat delete, the car sounds rather epic. It's a deep growl that goes to a loud scream once you get close to 5K and goes bat**** crazy above 6200! Redline is 7K. I said it before to a few friends, but this V6 sounds better than the Ford GT Ecoboost. It really sounds like a race car, I'm not joking. Not even a few minutes from taking it out the first time, and passing the local Domino's, a guy & his GF/Wife walked to their car and once he heard "something" he saw this purple car and stopped dead in his tracks and you can literally see his head follow us up the road as we passed. Then not even a 1/4 mile up the road, a girl was filming us and waived once we saw what she was doing.

Frankly, I think most people are confused to what the car actually is and the fact it's bright purple. When we pulled into Cars & Coffee, people just stopped and all stared! Once we got out, a swarm of people came over to check it out. I dare say (as my wife has already said) it gets more attention than the Lamborghini. Probably because again, no one knows what the hell it is, lol, and that there aren't many around at all.

She truly found a gem. Car just turned 4,100 miles, and barely any flaws on it. Car is PPF's by Lotus as standard equipment, and while washing it, she opens the driver's door to do the windows, and sees a sticker...Ceramic Pro!! No way!! With the 3rd cat deleted, this doesn't really need anything for some time (other than these screens that cover the open top front fender vents and rear opening behind the tires from stones getting kicked up).

Maybe down the line, get the aftermarket titanium exhaust (which is rather reasonable tbh). But all in all she is thrilled and said she enjoys driving it more than the Gallardo. It's that easy and that fun of a car. Loads of personality and the looks are what makes her and I smile and laugh. Thanks for the kind words everyone. Now that I experienced my attainable dream car, I WANT ONE!! 😎😎

Ok, so Friday & Saturday we got a chance to wash the car and really check it out more closely and take it out for a nice drive and such. Here are a few pics of it on the same day just different times during the day. The color shift of this paint is UNREAL!! The first 2 and next 3 pictures, time is about 2 hours apart Friday at 6 pm vs 8:15 or so. It goes from a pinky purple, a la Viola30 from the Diablo 30th anniversary to a more Joker purple when the sun is not on it. And in the dark, it's very stealth and looks deep purple (no pic). The last two are around 12 pm and then around 8:45 Sunday. It's an amazing amount of shift. It's mind blowing.

It drives amazingly well. Super compliant & smooth on the resurfaced roads around us, and even on some cruddy roads with a few patched potholes, not jarring at all. One could EASILY daily drive it. Then there is the noise! HOLY HELL, WHAT A SOUND!! With the prior installed 3rd cat delete, the car sounds rather epic. It's a deep growl that goes to a loud scream once you get close to 5K and goes bat**** crazy above 6200! I said it before to a few friends, but this V6 sounds better than the Ford GT Ecoboost. It really sounds like a race car, I'm nor joking. Not even a few minutes in, and passing the local Domino's, a guy & his GF/Wife walked out and once he heard "something" he saw this purple car and stopped dead in his tracks and you can literally see his head follow us up the road as we passed. Then not even a 1/4 mile up the road, a girl was filming us and waived once we saw what she was doing.

Frankly, I think most people are confused to what the car actually is and the fact it's bright purple. When we pulled into Cars & Coffee, people just stopped and all stared! Once we got out, a swarm of people came over to check it out. I dare say (as my wife has already said) it gets more attention than the Lamborghini. Probably because again, no one knows what the hell it is, lol, and that there aren't many around at all.

She truly found a gem. Car just turned 4,100 miles, and barely any flaws on it. Car is PPF's by Lotus as standard equipment, and while washing it, she opens the driver's door to do the windows, and sees a sticker...Ceramic Pro!! No way!! With the 3rd cat deleted, this doesn't really need anything for some time (other than these screens that cover the open top front fender vents and rear opening behind the tires from stones getting kicked up).

Maybe down the line, get the aftermarket titanium exhaust (which is rather reasonable tbh). But all in all she is thrilled and said she enjoys driving it more than the Gallardo. It's that easy and that fun of a car. Loads of personality and the looks are what makes her and I smile and laugh. Thanks for the kind words everyone. Now that I experienced my attainable dream car, I WANT ONE!! 😎😎

This is it, man. Perfect combo of the car itself, the transmission, and the color. Homerun for real. Surely I get some bonus points for guessing the car before delivery hahaha.

Make sure she never gets rid of this car down the line, because both of you will regret it for sure!!!

And I totally know what you mean about the sound, they sound amazing. I was walking around the city once and caught one at a light. Even at idle you could tell it was a beast, then when he took off you really hear it.

Absolute perfection man, if I ever come to events in y'alls home state I wanna take some pics of it and see it in person. Congrats again on her addition to the garage.

Is 05fordgt 05fordgt okay??

Its been 24 hours an no follow up with the Lotus pictures he promised

I'm sorry buddy, had a BBQ to get to on Saturday after Cars & Coffee. My wife made cookies and I was helping and we didn't get back till after 10 and we were beat. Long day. And today was a day to relax. My apologies to everyone for the delay. Also wanted to find the right pictures to use. 👍👍 michael ballack michael ballack kaz109 kaz109 zmaqbool zmaqbool usabasketball08 usabasketball08 picasso swerve picasso swerve pics are posted for you all. 👍👍

This is it, man. Perfect combo of the car itself, the transmission, and the color. Homerun for real. Surely I get some bonus points for guessing the car before delivery hahaha.

Make sure she never gets rid of this car down the line, because both of you will regret it for sure!!!

And I totally know what you mean about the sound, they sound amazing. I was walking around the city once and caught one at a light. Even at idle you could tell it was a beast, then when he took off you really hear it.

Absolute perfection man, if I ever come to events in y'alls home state I wanna take some pics of it and see it in person. Congrats again on her addition to the garage.

Thanks so much buddy. Really appreciate the kind words. She really wasn't sure if she would like it. She never test drives cars that aren't her own so she didn't drive one till it arrived. But once she took it out for a quick drive she fell in love! And she knows how special it is. Hell, if she were to sell it, I would just buy it from her, lol, if I couldn't find my Gulf racing spec that were made (sky blue with orange mirrors and rockers). 👍

I'll post some pics of the interior tomorrow if I can. Definitely will have some but Wednesday. The inside is just as beautiful with these gorgeous carbon backed Sparco seats & Alcantara everywhere. Going to be a busy week. 👍

I'm sorry buddy, had a BBQ to get to on Saturday after Cars & Coffee. My wife made cookies and I was helping and we didn't get back till after 10 and we were beat. Long day. And today was a day to relax. My apologies to everyone for the delay. Also wanted to find the right pictures to use. 👍👍 michael ballack michael ballack kaz109 kaz109 zmaqbool zmaqbool usabasketball08 usabasketball08 picasso swerve picasso swerve pics are posted for you all. 👍👍
I was just joshin!

amazing pics, the cars looks killer

i think a set of bronze wheels will really set off the purple

or even a set of white wheels hmmm

I was just joshin!

amazing pics, the cars looks killer

i think a set of bronze wheels will really set off the purple

or even a set of white wheels hmmm

😊 I know you were buddy. 👍👍 Thanks so much for the compliments. 🙏🙏

While I like bronze wheels, she's not a fan of that look (and I really don't like white wheels on anything but a select few cars, like the 959 or Saleen Mustangs). The wheels don't need to be changed because they are actually their high end wheel and they are forged. So, super light and these cars are all about the packaging for weight savings. They come either silver or black (gloss or matte). I'm a silver/gunmetal/anthracite wheel color person but these actually fit the car. The only thing she may do, is add a set of Alloy Gators to them.

They are the rim protection strips that goes around the edge to keep them from getting nicked or scraped. But the cool thing with this brand, they aren't on with adhesive but they go between the rim edge and the tire bead, so they fit in without anything and they are made of a very stiff nylon, so they really take abuse and keep the wheel protected. The other cool thing, they sell them in a purple. 👍

All that is needed is to deflate the tire while it's jacked up, and you insert the ring in between the tire and rim and use a deadblow mallet (rubber) and then reinflate it. Done. She may do that to break up the color. Gonna take it to visit our friend who's a Lamborghini salesperson who wants to see it. They have the color sample ring there to see how their purple looks vs the body color. 👍

It drives amazingly well. Super compliant & smooth on the resurfaced roads around us, and even on some cruddy roads with a few patched potholes, not jarring at all. One could EASILY daily drive it. Then there is the noise! HOLY HELL, WHAT A SOUND!! With the prior installed 3rd cat delete, the car sounds rather epic. It's a deep growl that goes to a loud scream once you get close to 5K and goes bat**** crazy above 6200! Redline is 7K. I said it before to a few friends, but this V6 sounds better than the Ford GT Ecoboost. It really sounds like a race car, I'm not joking. Not even a few minutes from taking it out the first time, and passing the local Domino's, a guy & his GF/Wife walked to their car and once he heard "something" he saw this purple car and stopped dead in his tracks and you can literally see his head follow us up the road as we passed. Then not even a 1/4 mile up the road, a girl was filming us and waived once we saw what she was doing.

Congrats to your wife & to you as well(you're the lucky guy who gets to detail that beauty). I love the color man, purple is one of those colors that require a special car to pull it off. Lotus brand cars are so seldom seen out in the wild...this is def rare air.

Glad it comes PPF'd. Can we get some shots of the interior when possible? Also, pics of the 🍪 cookies that were baked. I'm a cookie connoisseur & love to see others creations & creativity 👍.

So I had the Challenger out yesterday & went to my sis-in-laws parents place for her sister's b.day party for her 1 year old son. A lot of leftovers at the end of the night so I decided to drop em off to my apt before I park the car in the garage.

Left their place around 11 at night & my cars exhaust is extremely loud as is but I had it in manual mode which makes it even louder. I'm casually driving through the back roads of my neighborhood & I take it to near redline 1st gear & than let off the throttle so the longtubes are SCREAMING!

So I'm like about 3 block from my apt when all of a sudden this nutjob in some hatch Chevy jumps out behind me & starts riding my ***. Even though it's late at night I always obey stop signs, I get to the first stop sign this dude is about to kiss my bumper, I proceed further up the block & he is like 4 inches from my rear bumper acting a fool screeching his tires & still riding my ***. I peel out to get away from him & he stops so I stopped further up to see wth is wrong with him.

I'm approaching my block & again he is inches away from my cars *** & is swerving & screeching. I pulled over to where my bro always parks his car & him and his wife ask me "why tf is that dude riding your ***?" Guy pulls over next to me & I'm ngl I came out strong & str8 up said why're you riding my ***?

He's smiling & **** and says "I seen you with your car & heard the exhaust so I was just f'ing with you". We got into a lil back n forth & than when he said I was just messin around I was like ok? I guess that's fair? Turns out he is a tenant in my work building.

I just want to know I didn't react wrong, did I? I was caught so off guard I thought this guy was going to attack me or something. I'm casually driving minding my business in my loud af car & next thing this dude is in my *** & I'm tryna shake em. He said what he said with a smirk on his face & did apologize kinda. Is this a thing? Do dudes chase & ride others cars when they see a nice one? Had ya'll been in my position...how would you have honestly reacted?

^ Your reaction was valid, he was being a prick and its so annoying when people are tailgating you. That smirk people make after they did something wrong but don't think its a big deal will irritate me fr

So I had the Challenger out yesterday & went to my sis-in-laws parents place for her sister's b.day party for her 1 year old son. A lot of leftovers at the end of the night so I decided to drop em off to my apt before I park the car in the garage.

Left their place around 11 at night & my cars exhaust is extremely loud as is but I had it in manual mode which makes it even louder. I'm casually driving through the back roads of my neighborhood & I take it to near redline 1st gear & than let off the throttle so the longtubes are SCREAMING!

So I'm like about 3 block from my apt when all of a sudden this nutjob in some hatch Chevy jumps out behind me & starts riding my ***. Even though it's late at night I always obey stop signs, I get to the first stop sign this dude is about to kiss my bumper, I proceed further up the block & he is like 4 inches from my rear bumper acting a fool screeching his tires & still riding my ***. I peel out to get away from him & he stops so I stopped further up to see wth is wrong with him.

I'm approaching my block & again he is inches away from my cars *** & is swerving & screeching. I pulled over to where my bro always parks his car & him and his wife ask me "why tf is that dude riding your ***?" Guy pulls over next to me & I'm ngl I came out strong & str8 up said why're you riding my ***?

He's smiling & **** and says "I seen you with your car & heard the exhaust so I was just f'ing with you". We got into a lil back n forth & than when he said I was just messin around I was like ok? I guess that's fair? Turns out he is a tenant in my work building.

I just want to know I didn't react wrong, did I? I was caught so off guard I thought this guy was going to attack me or something. I'm casually driving minding my business in my loud af car & next thing this dude is in my *** & I'm tryna shake em. He said what he said with a smirk on his face & did apologize kinda. Is this a thing? Do dudes chase & ride others cars when they see a nice one? Had ya'll been in my position...how would you have honestly reacted?
Sounds like he has a death wish

Nah you were justified, what that guy did was whack. It's one thing to compliment someone on their car, give them a thumbs up or have a chat whatever...But aggressively chasing and tailgating, especially late at night would make anyone suspicious. I'd keep an eye on that dude in the future man lol.

Not a huge fan of Lotus but this is :pimp:. That color really makes it, I dont think id like it as much if it werent the purple it is.

Shoudda revved when he pulled up next to you and hit him with:

My early reserve is the lowest model. My late 2021 is the mid tier. Hoping when the base comes out I can sell it and just recoupe for the mid tier.
The latest update I got today was I have an estimated delivery day of 1/5/24….not sure how accurate it is but take that for what it’s worth.

Not a huge fan of Lotus but this is :pimp:. That color really makes it, I dont think id like it as much if it werent the purple it is.

They got a bunch of really cool colors. Bright yellow, orange, several greens, a few cool blues and one that is Gulf inspired. Yeah, I wouldn't get a white or black one, but most other colors are really sweet.

This car has WAY more personality and IMO has it all over a Cayman S or GT4. The hand built nature is something I enjoy. The Porsche has better dealer support, absolutely, but character is a key part of a car for me and this has loads of it.

Back
Top Bottom