\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Once I got home from Lancaster, there was the Penn-Jersey region of the FCA (Ferrari Club of America) nearby. So my wife and I went out to see some friends (my buddy owns an AMAZING gated 550 Maranello) and just got a Monospecchio (single flying mirror) Teatarossa in white/white that was sitting for many years. He had his cars in as well as a few others where there (a few 458 owners, a Pista owner and a guy who has a 355 Spider).

So we took her car, lol. Total infiltration 😂😂 the pic of a bull in a sea of horses is funny (and just so it's known, the show was winding down by the time we got there. Everyone was inside at the awards banquet so we just drove on in and parked in an empty spot. Though we were waved at by someone from the club). Here are a few pics of what I took. More on the 2nd post.
PXL_20220424_173454026.jpg
PXL_20220424_173308441.jpg
PXL_20220424_173348592.jpg
PXL_20220424_174442821.jpg
PXL_20220424_173610585.jpg
PXL_20220424_173623978.jpg
PXL_20220424_173442615.jpg
PXL_20220424_173703097.jpg
PXL_20220424_173646663.jpg
PXL_20220424_173548527.jpg

The specs of some of these builds were just off the charts. I'll take that Blu Corsa/red interior 488 Spider ALL DAY!! 🤤🤤

The green 458 Spider was incredible. $40K paint job.

The burgundy 360 is really nice. As was that yellow 550.

More pics of some more next post.

Im requesting you go to a Fast and Furious type meet next for some variety. You know, 350z’s with neon underbody glow, pink s2ks with Anime paint jobs, 2jz engines with overnight parts from Japan, dropped 2001 CRV’s with built in hookahs, G37’s and Q50’s all with NY license plates, waifu type chicks with mini skirts walking all around, Like A Pimp blasting from someones Honda Odyssey with a Veilside kit.

Be great for the culture. :pimp: Me and zmaqbool zmaqbool would appreciate this greatly.

Im requesting you go to a Fast and Furious type meet next for some variety. You know, 350z’s with neon underbody glow, pink s2ks with Anime paint jobs, 2jz engines with overnight parts from Japan, dropped 2001 CRV’s with built in hookahs, G37’s and Q50’s all with NY license plates, waifu type chicks with mini skirts walking all around, Like A Pimp blasting from someones Honda Odyssey with a Veilside kit.

Be great for the culture. :pimp: Me and zmaqbool zmaqbool would appreciate this greatly.

Sadly, there aren't many of those around here. I'm in the suburbs of Philly, where it's mainly sports cars & muscle cars. Some imports have meets, but they don't do anything planned. Usually popup meets at the last minute, closer to Philly, AT NIGHT & LATE (where I'd rather be home with my wife) and every meet I ever see on IG by a local spotter, is raided by the cops because some little douche has to either try and think he's DK from Tokyo Drift, or does annoying 2-stepping or just burnouts/donuts all night. And they all scramble when they get shut down (they never get permission to be where they are at) and go to the next location until the cycle repeats again. Yeah, I'm out.

Plus, truth be told, I'm 45. I'm honestly not going to one of those meets that have mainly people in the early 20s (that I don't know ANYONE) and 95% of cars are tuners. My car doesn't fit in and I know that, and won't bring it to where it doesn't belong. Same as the tuners not going to the Cars & Coffee that has mainly sports cars/muscle cars/exotics (where the owners are anywhere from the early 30s to 60s more or less). I do get what your saying. I would have tried to get more shots from the morning place but well over 500 cars by 9:30. I just share what I can get. 👍

But don't worry. Come the near end of May, we get Radwood Philly and I'll be going to that (but not with my car. Driving a friend's Lotus Esprit 🙏🙏😎). That will have SO MANY crazy cars, I can't wait. It was the best show I ever went to back in 2019 and this will be even bigger. I'll get plenty of pics from that if ANYTHING unique.

Last edited:
992 4s coupe

Any reason for switching to the 992? Was the Targa a lease? I personally prefer the 991 Targa to a 992 4S but that's just my personal opinion.

On another note, getting new rubber today. Tires were 10 years old and originally came on the car. Since the car only has 17k miles, owner never changed the tires.

Officially switching from Pirelli to Michelin Pilot.

71B71DB9-FC4B-4C4F-863D-CA07CEAA6F9A.jpeg

I loved my targa. I got it used for a great price. Would have loved to keep it or trade for another targa but the 4s was available at the time and the chance to spec my own 911 was too good to turn down. Especially at msrp

Sadly, there aren't many of those around here. I'm in the suburbs of Philly, where it's mainly sports cars & muscle cars. Some imports have meets, but they don't do anything planned. Usually popup meets at the last minute, closer to Philly, AT NIGHT & LATE (where I'd rather be home with my wife) and every meet I ever see on IG by a local spotter, is raided by the cops because some little douche has to either try and think he's DK from Tokyo Drift, or does annoying 2-stepping or just burnouts/donuts all night. And they all scramble when they get shut down (they never get permission to be where they are at) and go to the next location until the cycle repeats again. Yeah, I'm out.

Plus, truth be told, I'm 45. I'm honestly not going to one of those meets that have mainly people in the early 20s (that I don't know ANYONE) and 95% of cars are tuners. My car doesn't fit in and I know that, and won't bring it to where it doesn't belong. Same as the tuners not going to the Cars & Coffee that has mainly sports cars/muscle cars/exotics (where the owners are anywhere from the early 30s to 60s more or less). I do get what your saying. I would have tried to get more shots from the morning place but well over 500 cars by 9:30. I just share what I can get. 👍

But don't worry. Come the near end of May, we get Radwood Philly and I'll be going to that (but not with my car. Driving a friend's Lotus Esprit 🙏🙏😎). That will have SO MANY crazy cars, I can't wait. It was the best show I ever went to back in 2019 and this will be even bigger. I'll get plenty of pics from that if ANYTHING unique.

Haha was more a joke than anything. DK from tokyo Drift is a doctor now on the show Chicago Med (really good show btw) and everytime you see one of the actors in the show hop in their cars I wish we saw him get out of a 350/370 once just for ****s and giggles. :lol:

Also the tuning potential of the 992 is incredible. Can get turbo s performance for a fraction of the cost

Those 992 S’ are like 3.2 0-60 stock already. Cant imagine a Turbo S. I watch those carwow racing vids on YT and I dont think anything has taken the Turbo S yet to my knowledge.

Haha was more a joke than anything. DK from tokyo Drift is a doctor now on the show Chicago Med (really good show btw) and everytime you see one of the actors in the show hop in their cars I wish we saw him get out of a 350/370 once just for ****s and giggles. :lol:

No worries bud. Wasn't sure if you wanted some different makes of cars. I just try to take pics of things that are cool/different/unique. Like that Autozam. So thrilled to see one. Would have loved to talk to the owner and ask if I could sit in it to see if I could actually fit. 👍

Also the tuning potential of the 992 is incredible. Can get turbo s performance for a fraction of the cost

I have the cobb on my 991.2 with PDK tune and it's really fast. hard to compare it to the 3.8, because I do love the build up to the rev limiter on .1 cars, you're going to miss that immediately.

Absolutely do high flow cats and maybe exhaust first thing. My .2 was so quiet compared to my .1 C2S.

Also the coupes are so much lighter, you might like it vs. the Targa, but mine is just a cruiser so I can live with the glass roof.

I think the 992 and 991.2 are pretty similar under the hood, except on 992 cars they tuned out the burble found on 991.2 cars.

Also this happened to me friday, such a crappy feeling getting a sidewall/shoulder puncture on a brand new tire. Only 1800 miIes on the car and had to get a new one mounted. Belt separated from the tire, they tried to plug it while they scoured the earth to find a replacement in stock. The plug didn't last 48 hours. Cost me 500 bucks and had it installed this morning.

Had to go to a mickey mouse tire shop too.

IMG_6905.jpeg

IMG_6903.jpeg

One thing I don't like about APR is that you can't sell it when you're done. That's why I went with the COBB, resale value on them is always crazy high. Once you get the COBB you can get a protune from just about anywhere and flash it to the car whenever you like.

APR only allows flashing at a certified shop and you have to go there anytime you want anything done, like diff maps etc. it's a one size fits all tune, wether you have high flow / no cats or exhaust. And obviously no resale value once it's installed. Also my friends 911 completely lost sport mode. It only has sport plus and Normal after the APR tune. Unsure why.

But all the praise in the world for them as a company and their tunes, they're very safe to run and I like that they're just a small town shop in Auburn, AL and will answer any phone call.
I looked into Cobb ( because that’s the tuner for my Raptor) and it doesn’t look like they have a tune for new Audi’s. As far as I can see it looks like APR is the only tune available but I see where you’re coming from. I’m more to Audi so who else is known for tuning them?

I looked into Cobb ( because that’s the tuner for my Raptor) and it doesn’t look like they have a tune for new Audi’s. As far as I can see it looks like APR is the only tune available but I see where you’re coming from. I’m more to Audi so who else is known for tuning them?
Check out audizine forums. Best guidance will be there.

Neuspeed and jb1 might have a piggy back for you but I’d rather flash it.

APR is basically the tuning gods for VAG and are safe too. That’s who I’d go with personally.

They dropped their prices too, I think I’ll get a tune next oil change now. :lol:

Last edited:
flyknitlvr flyknitlvr where does the 997 (.1 or .2) GT3RS rank in your list of favorite driving 911’s?

I owned a 997.2 GT3 and didn't love it.

The RS, however, fixes the primary flaw of the GT3 which is its taller gear ratios.

This makes the car much more enjoyable under normal circumstances, as it's much punchier.

Conclusion: Spectacular car, and one of my all-time favourites.

964RS is a cool car, but feels like a C2 drank a can of Red Bull. Doesn't really feel like a RennSport product.

993RS is otherworldly and this the generation where Porsche really widened the delta between Carrera and RS product. I wish I could articulate just how good the car is, but I simply can't--it's one of those things you need to experience.

991.1RS I've owned for over 3 years (longest I've ever owned a car). Also an incredible car, but useless anywhere but the track (or extremely spirited canyon driving, but even then I would rather reach for my 964 or 993 keys).

GT4RS is the car to buy right now (if you can get an allocation).

Last edited:
Also this happened to me friday, such a crappy feeling getting a sidewall/shoulder puncture on a brand new tire. Only 1800 miIes on the car and had to get a new one mounted. Belt separated from the tire, they tried to plug it while they scoured the earth to find a replacement in stock. The plug didn't last 48 hours. Cost me 500 bucks and had it installed this morning.

Had to go to a mickey mouse tire shop too.

IMG_6905.jpeg

IMG_6903.jpeg
Yo this looks ******* crazy lmaoooo

I had a flat about 3 weeks ago on my brand new michelinAS with a tiny hole in about the same spot. Now i feel better my mickey mouse shop told me they couldnt patch it.

Is this a plaid?

I owned a 997.2 GT3 and didn't love it.

The RS, however, fixes the primary flaw of the GT3 which is its taller gear ratios.

This makes the car much more enjoyable under normal circumstances, as it's much punchier.

Conclusion: Spectacular car, and one of my all-time favourites.

964RS is a cool car, but feels like a C2 drank a can of Red Bull. Doesn't really feel like a RennSport product.

993RS is otherworldly and this the generation where Porsche really widened the delta between Carrera and RS product. I wish I could articulate just how good the car is, but I simply can't--it's one of those things you need to experience.

991.1RS I've owned for over 3 years (longest I've ever owned a car). Also an incredible car, but useless anywhere but the track (or extremely spirited canyon driving, but even then I would rather reach for my 964 or 993 keys).

GT4RS is the car to buy right now (if you can get an allocation).

Man, I've watched so many GT4RS reviews on YT. That induction noise is seriously intoxicating. I can't wait to try and catch one in person at a Porsche C&C.

By far one of my favorite reviews of the GT4RS

That plug is massive and yeah tires are gonna be a pain to find for a while.

I need some summer tires. Not looking forward to that.
are tires hard to get right now?

i have bridgestone re71r’s right now and they were awesome and they were reasonably priced from costco, they got discintinued tho…

was thinking of getting the yokohama a052…

anyone have tire suggestions?

are tires hard to get right now?

i have bridgestone re71r’s right now and they were awesome and they were reasonably priced from costco, they got discintinued tho…

was thinking of getting the yokohama a052…

anyone have tire suggestions?

I heard they were going to be a pain for a while, motorcycles are a pretty big pain the in the *** right now but I haven't tried to get any car tires yet.

I need tires too, anyone know if nitto nt555g2 tires are good for the price or should I stick with something like Michelin pilots sports?

Back
Top Bottom