\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I let my detail guy wash my cars today while im at work.

Watched his IG story and noticed he now jacks up the car to clean the wheel wells and hard to reach areas. This is fine right? I just hope he using them correctly. Don't want the car chewed up.

IMG_6855.PNG
if you lived on the east coast and the roads were grimy yeah maybe it makes sense
but you in socal :lol: all your car sees is dust no road grime or salt like an east coaster so its a tad bit od

just be like i prefer not to have my car jacked up its okay if you don't get them wheel wells super clean

reminds me when i sold my car in 2020 i had the detailer come out do a full detail but these dudes put so much damn shine supply or some sort of product on the exhaust tips that when the dude came to buy the car and turned it on it smoked cuz of the detail material on the exhaust :lol:
dude was worried the car wasn't running right had to let em know it was just detail spray

What’s his info
I got you pm me.
These detailers wylin, thats wild unnecessary. :lol:

Love this guy though, super pricey but very dedicated. He regularly details a lot of these car/YouTube famous dudes vehicles here in so cal. Lots of Liberty Walks, an R34, not to mention every super car under the sun.

He cleans inside all the vents, I once saw him using a qtip to clean in the holes on my drilled calipers. :rofl:

But yeah, once I experienced it, I couldn’t go to any other car wash.

15% (except windshield) all around and the car is black :smh:
Wow that’s a bold move for us Cali guys lol. I ended up going with 5% in back and 35% front and 70% windshield. They also had a demo showing how the different xpel tints keeps out the heat and it sold me. It was way more than I’ve even spent for tint tho

All but two sold, the issue is the 'fantasy' aspect of the very expensive build and design process overran the budget.

To this day, it’s one of the few supercars I’ve driven that can make a layman driver feel like a hero.

I hear ya on the budget aspect. And that if this was part of "the deal" to get an R36, I get it. But what you said above (which I made bold) is why I don't like the car. It's all the computers and electronics and systems that make regular people think they are all of a sudden F1 drivers like Hamilton, Schumacher, etc. Just because one have a car with all the "nannies" to cover one's butt, you can then drive it like it's in Grand Turismo. No you can't.

This guy might legit have a mental issue. That is madness. :lol:

Its really nuts man. I’m not even gonna get into the diff amount of products he uses (first wash second rinse top coat etc., or all the diff towels.)

But yeah, it’s show/concourse quality so not intended for econoboxes.

05fordgt 05fordgt Verde Artemis Murci 6 Speed on BAT!

It sold for $277,000 right before 2021 started, and is now already at $355,000 with 5 days to go.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 10.17.10 AM.png

05fordgt 05fordgt Verde Artemis Murci 6 Speed on BAT!

It sold for $277,000 right before 2021 started, and is now already at $355,000 with 5 days to go.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 10.17.10 AM.png

Ugh!!! 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Thank you for letting me know. I hadn't checked my daily BAT email. The most beautiful color Lamborghini ever!! Way different in person vs photos. Such a stunner. Even the Autoart 1:18 scale model of this is worth big bucks (and I got one NIB). Always said, in a perfect fantasy world, I would have a new Ford GT allocation, and THIS would be the color I would choose. Extended Color Palette Verde Artemis. 🤤🤤 Would be an AMAZING one-off Ford GT.

Thank you again!! This is gonna be a record for an Anniversary. Should come close to $500K. Here are the photos I took many years ago at F.C. Kerbeck in Jersey when they had a new one for sale (November 2003), then at the Philly Auto Show in January 2004 and at La Bella Macchina D'Italia, the Italian car show at Skytop Lodge in Pocono, Pa.

PXL_20220421_154746024.jpg
PXL_20220421_154805124.jpg
PXL_20220421_154834474.jpg
PXL_20220421_154920987.jpg

Was one of the best Italian car shows outside of California. Shame it doesn't happen anymore.

What’s NTs trick to cleaning perforated leather though. :nerd:

Do you mean, how to get rid of any cleaner that clogs the holes in the leather? Easy, get a small paper clip, and use it to poke out the cleaner in any hole it's in. Won't hurt the leather and fits the holes perfectly.

Do you mean, how to get rid of any cleaner that clogs the holes in the leather? Easy, get a small paper clip, and use it to poke out the cleaner in any hole it's in. Won't hurt the leather and fits the holes perfectly.
I noticed some like lint and other tiny pieces of things from clothes or whatever gets in there. I’ve seen the paper clip but I want to lift out not push in. Maybe I’ll try a lint roller now that I think about it. :lol:

So did mine 🤔
I ended up copping a pressure washer and doing the sh*t myself :lol:
pretty relaxing esp since I get it done quicker or I take my time
When I got PPF and they told me it needed to be handwashed, i made that investment too. Pressure washer, big boi dryer, all the supplies

Definitely agree its a relaxing activity when i get some free time

Sheesh, I know that was a problem for the S54 cars, but never heard of anyone having that issue on a non M car. Was it driven particularly hard?
Its a 2000 model and the '99-'00 ones have a weaker subframe than the later ones. used to drive it hard but stopped for the most part cuz was spending more on maintenance :lol:. Had a hairline crack for a few months but kept driving it until it tore :frown:

I'm out here riding with dirt from 4 different states on my whip and this guy is cleaning brake disks. :lol:

I need to take my car in for a detail though.

And wheel wells behind the wheels but wear rare airs wear rare airs said the detailer is show quality which makes sense. Imagine Porsche having cars with dirty wheel wells at the NY auto show. :lol:

But for a car thats gonna see the road and the fact its behind the wheel, its a little much but hey if hes gonna do it anyway…

yeah I mean, his whip is in a whole different category than mine. if I had that car I'd let him go crazy too.

I live where it snows and go on hella missions to go fishing.

I’d make his detailer throw up.

2A0D746E-931B-41D4-B9AB-E7F0009ACC80.jpeg

Attachments

• 56788B1C-8E44-404E-B164-18716518AD60.jpeg
    56788B1C-8E44-404E-B164-18716518AD60.jpeg
    711.1 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom