\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

All these cars, GT3 included, suck on the street. But that's another argument for another day.

By that admission, then anything high horsepower (Shelby, Corvette, Hellcat) is the same. Won't experience all its power on the street. The point it, it's there to have fun with when the time is right (track day or just goosing it on a back road somewhere where traffic is low or non-existent). And by goosing, I don't mean excessive speeds. Can experience a good sports car going at speed limits on a nice twisty road. That makes it more fun than flat out speed.

Huracan softer curves? Idk about that, front end of the Huracan looks plenty aggressive.

Yeah, I used the wrong word on that, lol. The Huracan is a total evolution of the LP G. Lamborghini keeps the models similar. Front bumpers, hood, etc. Definitely crazier than Ferrari IMO. It's why the LP 400 S low-body Countach is my all-time favorite car..

images (7).jpeg

Chargers have the same interior. :lol: Im talking strictly interiors. Exterior wise im a huge fan of both the Charger and Chally, leaning more on the Chally.

QUITE DIFFERENT.

DASH IS SHAPED DIFFERENT, GAUGES ARE DIFFERENT, CENTER CONSOLES ARE DIFFERENT, OVERHEAD “MAP LIGHTS” CONSOLES ARE DIFFERENT.

BUT I AGREE, BOTH NEED OVERHAULS.

I LIKE THE OVERHAULED INTERIOR THE HELLCAT DURANGO HAS.

I heard they’re cutting down on the Montana registration thing.
They should. Bunch of freaking tax cheats. One can afford a LaFerrari for example, but can't afford to register it in one's own state (and pay the taxes)? Give me a break.

from what I understand, the crackdown is massive in California (where I reside). It’s not only the tax benefits people care about, but the CA yearly registration. Montana charges some absurd flat rate for all cars regardless of price. (Think like $39 dollars a year on a Pagani). Annual registration in CA is based off of the market value of the vehicle, so my Model X is about 900/year currently and that will go down as the car depreciates. For me that doesn’t matter, I drive it everyday and it’s a small price to pay. But there are others with much more expensive cars than myself that maybe drive them a couple of times a year. These people love this loophole.

According to my traffic lawyer, annual registrations is what pays California Highway Patrol salaries, so it’s mainly CHP that will target the tax evaders.

Respect to the dood who bought his wife one but....

gallardo gotta be the worst Lamborghini of all time.

Hey bud, let me clear something up for you. She bought the car!! Not me! She did. She researched it, found a private seller who had a clean example and bought it with her money! I didn't do anything. Just want to clear that up for you. Women can buy sports cars you know. 😉

Sorry to be a little short, but it gets her and myself a bit mad when people just assume that she was "given" her cars. Furthest from the truth. She works her tail off and is VERY GOOD in her profession. She can buy whatever she wants within her means. And for that I'm extremely proud of her to attain a supercar. It's been a blast. She (and I) just get annoyed when someone assumes the opposite on how she got it.

And please expound on why it's the worst Lamborghini of all time? Just would like some insight? Considering they sold 14,000 and was their most popular model for years. There are a few that are way worse than the Gallardo? Remember the Urraco? Or the Silhouette or Jalpa? Just wanted to hear your reasonings.

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure. The one guy taking shots said that it was a decomissioned carrier that they were disassembling. It's quite amazing how large they are in person. You watch movies with an aircraft carrier and you really can't get the true sense of scale. I would LOVE to walk through it. Just once.
Hence why I asked, they're just so damn awesome. I wanted to know if tours are available on it. Going to be in Philly next month so wouldn't mind checking it out if that were possible. And you're right watching movies like Pearl Harbor or Top Gun they look so kool on TV but in person they're just insanely humongous. My father & I went on the USS Intrepid which is permanently docked on Pier 86 on Manhattan's West side last month. It's one of my most favorite & exciting museum tours I've ever done. What an experience. We both had sucha a great time. Also did the submarine USS Growler tour while we were there. They say it's the only place you can tour a submarine in the U.S. These carriers/destroyers are in a league of their own

Hey bud, let me clear something up for you. She bought the car!! Not me! She did. She researched it, found a private seller who had a clean example and bought it with her money! I didn't do anything. Just want to clear that up for you. Women can buy sports cars you know. 😉

Sorry to be a little short, but it gets her and myself a bit mad when people just assume that she was "given" her cars. Furthest from the truth. She works her tail off and is VERY GOOD in her profession. She can buy whatever she wants within her means. And for that I'm extremely proud of her to attain a supercar. It's been a blast. She (and I) just get annoyed when someone assumes the opposite on how she got it.

And please expound on why it's the worst Lamborghini of all time? Just would like some insight? Considering they sold 14,000 and was their most popular model for years. There are a few that are way worse than the Gallardo? Remember the Urraco? Or the Silhouette or Jalpa? Just wanted to hear your reasonings.

Nice good for her, wouldn’t let my girl throw her money away on a gallardo though

they sold well because this was Lamborghini’s first crack at a “entry level” more daily drive-able machine, it was the budget lambo that would save them from the terrible sales they had been having producing only the flagship v-12 super cars

The murcielago, diablo and countach are all flagship models that respectively were benchmarks of Lamborghini’s engineering, performance and design influence at the time and all 3 made contributions to secure the heritage of the brand....

The gallardo was a cheap take down model to spur sluggish sales...think of it as the H2 of Lamborghini’s.

But again I’m just joe blow, don’t let my opinions of your wifes car ruin your day.

Hence why I asked, they're just so damn awesome. I wanted to know if tours are available on it. Going to be in Philly next month so wouldn't mind checking it out if that were possible. And you're right watching movies like Pearl Harbor or Top Gun they look so kool on TV but in person they're just insanely humongous. My father & I went on the USS Intrepid which is permanently docked on Pier 86 on Manhattan's West side last month. It's one of my most favorite & exciting museum tours I've ever done. What an experience. We both had sucha a great time. Also did the submarine USS Growler tour while we were there. They say it's the only place you can tour a submarine in the U.S. These carriers/destroyers are in a league of their own

Cool to hear buddy. Yeah, the Naval Yards really isn't a tourist thing. When we were getting our pictures. A cop came up to us in his truck. Couldn't have been cooler. Saw the Gallardo and 4C and the GTI & a modded Miata and was like "nice cars". Told him we were gonna get some shots and he was like "have fun". Cool dude. Another security guard said we wouldn't be there but since we weren't hurting anyone we were okay for a short while (when we changed locations).

If it wasn't for Covid, I'd LOVE to do the USS Intrepid tour. That would be SO FREAKING AWESOME!! How many floors were in that?

"Television's Original Automotive Magazine". My guy John Davis is a national treasure bro

Met John Davis at a Ford Super Duty intro in Wilmington Delaware back in like 2008 or so. It was when the were introducing the 6.4 diesel (which sucked). He came out and did the discussion on it. Got to chat with him a little later. Such a cool down to earth guy. Could talk cars all day had I had the chance.

Nice good for her, wouldn’t let my girl throw her money away on a gallardo though

they sold well because this was Lamborghini’s first crack at a “entry level” more daily drive-able machine, it was the budget lambo that would save them from the terrible sales they had been having producing only the flagship v-12 super cars

The murcielago, diablo and countach are all flagship models that respectively were benchmarks of Lamborghini’s engineering, performance and design influence at the time and all 3 made contributions to secure the heritage of the brand....

The gallardo was a cheap take down model to spur sluggish sales...think of it as the H2 of Lamborghini’s.

But again I’m just joe blow, don’t let my opinions of your wifes car ruin your day.

You somehow managed to write 3 paragraphs without giving a single actual reason as to why the Gallardo is the worst Lamborghini of all time?.

Were talking about a “budget” LAMBORGHINI. As if an entry level one is a bad thing and makes it “cheap”. Where are all these stunt 101 dudes coming from recently? We got Porsche guyand Gallardo guy now. :lol:

Cool to hear buddy. Yeah, the Naval Yards really isn't a tourist thing. When we were getting our pictures. A cop came up to us in his truck. Couldn't have been cooler. Saw the Gallardo and 4C and the GTI & a modded Miata and was like "nice cars". Told him we were gonna get some shots and he was like "have fun". Cool dude. Another security guard said we wouldn't be there but since we weren't hurting anyone we were okay for a short while (when we changed locations).

If it wasn't for Covid, I'd LOVE to do the USS Intrepid tour. That would be SO FREAKING AWESOME!! How many floors were in that?
Ohh nvm- they ought to make it a tourist thing. People love all things Navy/Maritime. Cool cop, who doesn't like to see a random Lambo by chance? Love the shots your friend took of it & the other rides. Def recommend you do the tour once this madness clears up. Tues/Wed are the slowest days as it's toward the middle of the week. It's worth every penny of the $37 ticket. The Intrepid had 13 decks. And about 30 aircrafts hanging out on the flight deck- sooo cool. Here are some pics 👍
20201022_105123.jpg
20201022_105243.jpg
20201022_110408.jpg
20201022_113540.jpg
20201022_113713.jpg
20201022_121248.jpg
20201022_123544.jpg
20201022_123125.jpg
20201022_132423.jpg
20201022_132219.jpg

Met John Davis at a Ford Super Duty intro in Wilmington Delaware back in like 2008 or so. It was when the were introducing the 6.4 diesel (which sucked). He came out and did the discussion on it. Got to chat with him a little later. Such a cool down to earth guy. Could talk cars all day had I had the chance.
Yes, he seems like a chill dude. Insane he's been on the show since the beginning...how time flies.

CHALLENGERS AS A WHOLE ARE OUTDATED. IDK WHY DODGE REFUSES TO DO A TOTAL OVERHAUL ON THEM.

THATS WHY IM A CHARGER GUY. IVE HAD 2 OF THE LAST 3 BODYSTYLE CHARGERS. THEY JUST LOOK BETTER THAN CHALLENGERS.
Challenger is the more true retro in terms of design compared to the Chargers & the better looking Mopar imo- yes I'm hella bias lol. They still sell pretty well & Dodge knows that so they will milk this design till they can't no more imo. Hear things will change drastically come 2023 but it's all heresay

Back
Top Bottom