\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The recaros are dope but it sucks you can only get them with certain exterior colors. I don’t remember what packages I got that made mine retail for 76k... I don’t even have carbon fiber smh. My friend got a good deal on a performance blue (Fremont Ford) fully loaded with the cf interior and even the bed divider/tail gate extender. He paid less than I did, but I wanted ruby red, and didn’t even shop around. I’m legit impatient and it was an impulse buy.

anybody know how to remove a paint pin stripe over the clear without wetsanding? Idk wtf the dealers are doing down in Houston it’s not a Buick.
Laquer thinner.
It won't harm the clear coat.
That clearcoat is thick and on several coats deep.
It will dull it or leave a bit of a white residue but just hand wax it after and you will be straight.
It's also easier on warmer days. Legit just takes a little bit on on a soft rag(use an old undershirt or sock even, don't use a good towel((micro fiber))that you would use to remove wax, )
It shouldn't take you more than3- 4minutes to remove it front to back in it's entirety.
The after wax is key, just go ahead and wax the whole car to even the coat out.
Use the microfiber towel for that.

Last edited:
The recaros are dope but it sucks you can only get them with certain exterior colors. I don’t remember what packages I got that made mine retail for 76k... I don’t even have carbon fiber smh. My friend got a good deal on a performance blue (Fremont Ford) fully loaded with the cf interior and even the bed divider/tail gate extender. He paid less than I did, but I wanted ruby red, and didn’t even shop around. I’m legit impatient and it was an impulse buy.
I have seen the recaros on performance blue, black, leadfoot and white and that's it. At 76k it sounds like you got the graphics package , bedliner and cover , tail gate and of course the 802a ..... All those others add up quick. Glad you found ruby red as it's not very common

Laquer thinner.
It won't harm the clear coat.
That clearcoat is thick and on several coats deep.
It will dull it or leave a bit of a white residue but just hand wax it after and you will be straight.
It's also easier on warmer days. Legit just takes a little bit on on a soft rag(use an old undershirt or sock even, don't use a good towel((micro fiber))that you would use to remove wax, )
It shouldn't take you more than3- 4minutes to remove it front to back in it's entirety.
The after wax is key, just go ahead and wax the whole car to even the coat out.
Use the microfiber towel for that.

yeah I saw a few videos of people doing that. It just melts it right off. Like you said as long as you wash and wax if after it will be straight.

anybody know how to remove a paint pin stripe over the clear without wetsanding? Idk wtf the dealers are doing down in Houston it’s not a Buick.

Dealers in Houston are something else from what I’ve experienced and saw :lol:. Ordering my cars out of state when the time comes around.

Hey NT Help settle a debate I am having with the wife lol......which color ..
2020-ford-f150-raptor-lead-foot-0.jpg
1200x-.jpeg

For the record my wife likes the grey and I am leading to blue. She likes grey for the reason stated above , she says the blue looks generic.

I didn't like the blue at all when I first seen it but it has really grown on me

Looks like it is an even split so I am right back where I started lol.....thanks NT fam. I have never been tore over a color of a vehicle before. With our last one we knew right away when we seen it in white .

This truck I started put wanting the darker magnetic grey then white and now I am just all over the place but narrowed it down to these two colors

Back
Top Bottom