\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Thanks man! Your black wheels are lookin clean :smokin.

The shops didn't want to wrap it because if they do, there is going to be space behind the vinyl wrap where the Grand Cherokee letters are, and it will rip pretty easily due to that. And the letters are too deeply embossed into the trim to stretch the vinyl into where the letters are too.

And yea, did the Plasti-Dip myself. It was pretty easy, just mainly prep work taping everything off so you don't get any overspray. Definitely doesn't look like the typical Plasti-Dip with the addition of the glossifier, it just kinda blends in with the truck. Pretty cheap too if you do it yourself.

Paint would have been my first choice too, but I know the moldings on mine are a ***** to take off, and none of the local shops would stand behind their work if they sprayed over the chrome moldings, they all said the paint would eventually crack and fall off. I've seen lots of guys online get their chrome moldings painted though and have them hold up, so there must be a way to properly prep them in order for the paint to stick.
Oh ok now I get it. Them raised letters get annoying if you want to wrap. I wish I could do the plasti-dip myself but I don't trust myself. Better to be safe than sorry lol. Yours def came out lookin real nice. Atleast the shops were honest about painting them & told you how it is instead of risking taking on a project they don't have the skills for & ruining the truck. I'm going tomorrow to have the shop look at the Challys moldings...lets see what happens, fingers crossed.

20190427_134642.jpg
20190427_134632.jpg

They're gunna put a bed cover on it and some runners for me when they detail. Almost went with a tundra crewmax with trd pro. But something about da hemi...

Dodge has some crazy good incentives right now. Got it for like 8k under sticker. Could have done the same on a charger scat pack but I decided to be responsible hah
Truck of the year Dodge must be doing something right with that truck. Love the redesign, glad I am not in the market for the truck because Toyota would be losing a customer. I am pretty simple I just wish my Tundra was updated and had side storage, perhaps more power or a real performance one. I love the side storage on the Rams.
That’s very true, plus a couple mods and you’re really hauling ***.

I like Toyota but I’m not paying 50k+ for a damn truck.
I was just looking at the new truck options and DAMN why is that Denali so expensive, but I LOVE that grill. $60K for a truck GEEZ. Yeah I was comparing the Denali, Tundra, and Chevy. Just window shopping at work, none of them I just had to have.

Haha, yep a 2015+ manual 5.0 would probably be my first choice. My only issue with them is they are EVERYWHERE (non-GT's especially). That's the one thing I really liked about the last couple vehicles I've had (Trailblazer SS, Ford Lightning, current Jeep SRT8), I never see them around, and hardly anyone knows what they are, which I like. I'd consider a manual 392 Challenger, or a 392 Charger as well. But that won't be until at least May next year when I'm done school. For now, my truck will do :lol:

Time to trade the SRT for a Gxp :nerd:
One of the G8 GXP's? They're kinda cool, but I think I have my heart set on a manual 5.0 down the road.

Oh ok now I get it. Them raised letters get annoying if you want to wrap. I wish I could do the plasti-dip myself but I don't trust myself. Better to be safe than sorry lol. Yours def came out lookin real nice. Atleast the shops were honest about painting them & told you how it is instead of risking taking on a project they don't have the skills for & ruining the truck. I'm going tomorrow to have the shop look at the Challys moldings...lets see what happens, fingers crossed.
Yea exactly. Man, the plasti-dip was REALLY easy to do. That's actually my first time using it, I just googled how to do it, and watched a couple YouTube videos, it's really easy to work with stuff. Again, it wasn't my first choice, and to be honest I kinda looked down on plasti-dip stuff as cheap and tacky before. But I didn't have many good options, and with the glossifier, you can't even tell it's plasti-dip, and it's held up all winter, through all the winter automatic car washes I used, hasn't peeled at all. I just went overboard on taping up everything, basically covered the entire side of the Jeep with newspaper except for the door trim I was spraying, since I didn't want any overspray. I did a bunch of light coats, and finished off with the glossifier, super easy.

Hopefully you find a shop that can paint your moldings, and doesn't try and rip you off price wise!

Truck of the year Dodge must be doing something right with that truck. Love the redesign, glad I am not in the market for the truck because Toyota would be losing a customer. I am pretty simple I just wish my Tundra was updated and had side storage, perhaps more power or a real performance one. I love the side storage on the Rams.

I was just looking at the new truck options and DAMN why is that Denali so expensive, but I LOVE that grill. $60K for a truck GEEZ. Yeah I was comparing the Denali, Tundra, and Chevy. Just window shopping at work, none of them I just had to have.
60k for a truck is definitely kinda nuts. BUT, buying a luxury truck ends up being a better purchase then a luxury car long term value wise (generalizing here, I'm sure some wise guy will find an example to prove me wrong, but overall, this holds true :lol: ) . Those trucks hold their value pretty well versus luxury car brands.

Nah man they'll work with you of you have a trade.... that's where they make a bulk of their cash, alot of times they'll make 500 bucks on the deal just to make a sale and make the rest on your trade. So I had one Tundra specd to 52 that they came down to 44 on and one at 46 they were gunna give me what I paid for the Ram 38.9k... car shopping is just about being ruthless. I show up to the dealer with the write up from the other dealer.... "if you cant touch these numbers we cant talk" it was a long day at 3 different dealers but got the job done hah 0% and got about twice the equity out of my POS impala I was expecting. Chevy/GMC were the only trucks i didnt look at. The ram and the f150 made the final cut. The incentives on the Ford were actually even crazier. Like 12k off the eco boost. One I had specd at 53k ultimately they were gunna sell me for 1000 less than Ram... the fuel economy had me thinking I should do that but when I test drove both it was kinda no contest. The ram rides so much smoother and the cabin is bigger and quieter. Also everywhere I went in the Ram ppl were mirin Haha obv because it's a brand new redesign but still that's gotta be worth a dollar or two a month.
Do you find that is the most efficient method, I normally check prices from USAA and True Car. Also look on chug.net find the vehicle in color and options, email them the price USAA has the car going for. That way the only thing I am doing in the dealership is signing paper and turning down the extra options they try and offer. I spend about 35/40 mins total, our time is to valuable and we have to much technology at our fingertips to play games with dealers. I don't care about their sob story and I don't care what back channels you need to work to get the car from another state. GET ME MY VEHICLE or I will go somewhere who will.

Yeah, man trucks prices are insane. I’m gonna ride mine until the wheels fall off but I’m just thinking what I want next.

I would just cop a wrx or something but I’m not trying to borrow trucks all the time. I don’t want to be that guy...

60k for a truck is definitely kinda nuts. BUT, buying a luxury truck ends up being a better purchase then a luxury car long term value wise (generalizing here, I'm sure some wise guy will find an example to prove me wrong, but overall, this holds true :lol: ) . Those trucks hold their value pretty well versus luxury car brands.

True, trucks do have good resale compared to any luxury car but a Lexus.

What I like about ford is you can get a base model and just add whatever package so I’d just go base and add the fx4.

Do you find that is the most efficient method, I normally check prices from USAA and True Car. Also look on chug.net find the vehicle in color and options, email them the price USAA has the car going for. That way the only thing I am doing in the dealership is signing paper and turning down the extra options they try and offer. I spend about 35/40 mins total, our time is to valuable and we have to much technology at our fingertips to play games with dealers. I don't care about their sob story and I don't care what back channels you need to work to get the car from another state. GET ME MY VEHICLE or I will go somewhere who will.

Yea, works for me. I have a similar process but I start on true car and car gurus. Then once I sit down and actually take the time to crunch numbers I let them see my credit score and my equity and speak directly and specifically. Once we hash out figures I start pulling up other dealerships deal and incentives and make them explain why they can and cant match. If I like how they're talking make them draw something up and say I need to look it over. Boom I have my baseline then i just go dealer hopping till I get it as low as possible... then I drag my feet so they throw in a bonus to close the deal.... also shopping st the end of the month helps. F&I guys love to get that bonus at the end of the month

Only gotten burnt once ever on a car deal. And it was my fault I was desperate. Sold my g37x for about 2k less than I should have... still hurts my soul

Yea, works for me. I have a similar process but I start on true car and car gurus. Then once I sit down and actually take the time to crunch numbers I let them see my credit score and my equity and speak directly and specifically. Once we hash out figures I start pulling up other dealerships deal and incentives and make them explain why they can and cant match. If I like how they're talking make them draw something up and say I need to look it over. Boom I have my baseline then i just go dealer hopping till I get it as low as possible... then I drag my feet so they throw in a bonus to close the deal.... also shopping st the end of the month helps. F&I guys love to get that bonus at the end of the month

Only gotten burnt once ever on a car deal. And it was my fault I was desperate. Sold my g37x for about 2k less than I should have... still hurts my soul
Why’d you get rid of the G? Been looking into getting one as a dd

Interesting about that gladiator. They r selling around here for a few percent under sticker. I thought for sure they would be at least sticker. I love Jeeps but they really are crazy with the prices they charge for those things. But people eat em up.

I was stupid tbh.

It had like 90k miles on it and I had just had my daughter and thought I needed a bigger car. I shoulda jus paid it off and kept it :smh:
Did the same with my mustang :lol:
Low key might cop another since we have an suv now :nerd:

Anybody here get an extended warranty from a dealer/manufacturer?
Mine from Toyota runs out in about 7k miles I’m wondering if it’s worth it ? How much it costs, what it covers, etc

Need to look it up

Mine from Toyota runs out in about 7k miles I’m wondering if it’s worth it ? How much it costs, what it covers, etc

Need to look it up
How many miles you got on it? On a Toyota I feel like buying an extended warranty isn’t necessary depending on the car I guess. There’s not much chance you’ll use it and even if you do it might not even be a big repair.

Need to look it up
Have you already spoken to them, I could be mistaken but I thought they said I couldn't get it after I left the dealership. True it was 2/3 years later and about 4K miles left. Don't quote me, I have a Toyota and haven't had any major issues. *KNOCKING on WOOD*

My wife and I daily drivers...
BMW 535I for me and BMW X3 for the wife.

IMG_0455.jpg

then I have my son and I's toys parked in the garage.
06 Impala SS, this thing is in pristine condition. Only 48k miles on it.
Still looks like it just left the lot inside and out.
IMG_20120515_154101.jpg

2325894-2c7ecabb0e6451afa816c86a909f8c33.jpg

2325896-14a11c9862669639af75fee1b37f50a9.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this 100% completely virgin and original 96 EX Coupe a few weeks ago. I have been searching for a while for a new daily to keep miles off my CTR. I paid $1250 for it from an old couple. It has all the service records and even the original window sticker. The car was originally purchased in Florida and remained here its entire life, where it was garage kept for most of the time. Paint is original with zero clearcoat fade.

878A43E6-5982-4146-9863-093D77820297.jpeg
7E2F1EE1-8651-4C18-B88B-18D5CF0267A7.jpeg
729A816D-CC90-4172-A738-14648F6C89CD.jpeg
84F79C59-FBC8-4592-A9DB-EF6269F2837A.jpeg

430BD42D-7D95-4F69-9D9D-88503569484A.jpeg
2374BEBF-635D-49C3-9960-86821FB6338E.jpeg

How many miles you got on it? On a Toyota I feel like buying an extended warranty isn’t necessary depending on the car I guess. There’s not much chance you’ll use it and even if you do it might not even be a big repair.
Just hit 53k the warranty from Toyota runs out at 60

Have you already spoken to them, I could be mistaken but I thought they said I couldn't get it after I left the dealership. True it was 2/3 years later and about 4K miles left. Don't quote me, I have a Toyota and haven't had any major issues. *KNOCKING on WOOD*

The dealer I got it from emailed me recently. I haven’t really thought too much about it so I never got back to them

Picked up this 100% completely virgin and original 96 EX Coupe a few weeks ago. I have been searching for a while for a new daily to keep miles off my CTR. I paid $1250 for it from an old couple. It has all the service records and even the original window sticker. The car was originally purchased in Florida and remained here its entire life, where it was garage kept for most of the time. Paint is original with zero clearcoat fade.

878A43E6-5982-4146-9863-093D77820297.jpeg
7E2F1EE1-8651-4C18-B88B-18D5CF0267A7.jpeg
729A816D-CC90-4172-A738-14648F6C89CD.jpeg
84F79C59-FBC8-4592-A9DB-EF6269F2837A.jpeg

430BD42D-7D95-4F69-9D9D-88503569484A.jpeg
2374BEBF-635D-49C3-9960-86821FB6338E.jpeg
damn thats a comeup
im jealous

Back
Top Bottom