\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

ADF0455C-CF73-4DD2-B534-5253C2486255.jpeg
EF67E21E-4052-41C6-A801-D7792279B738.jpeg

Been working on the chrome delete. It’s not easy but it’s not as hard as I thought. We’ll see if it lasts

ADF0455C-CF73-4DD2-B534-5253C2486255.jpeg
EF67E21E-4052-41C6-A801-D7792279B738.jpeg

Been working on the chrome delete. It’s not easy but it’s not as hard as I thought. We’ll see if it lasts
Nice work! I have a couple pieces I want to do on my truck, I need to just go ahead and buy some vinyl and start trying.

Nice work! I have a couple pieces I want to do on my truck, I need to just go ahead and buy some vinyl and start trying.
Thanks man I just did the two on the right side for now cause I got busy so I’m riding around with two black two chrome :lol:
You have a srt jeep right? What are you trying to wrap?

at safeway gas u get up to $1 off/gallon
chevron up to 20 cents off/gallon

$1 off sheesh i wonder if ours is like that

I know conoco you get $.10/gallon off if you use the app (which sucks). Can only use a bank acct or conoco card, im trying use my CC's to get rewards pts as well :smh:

Exxon stopped doing their $ off/gallon. Now you just buy gas and accumulate points that results in $$ off. Every 100pts is $1, gas is 1pt per gallon but in store purchases work 1pt for $1 .. i took off ~$20 one of my last fillups in my truck that was running me like $60/tank

Thanks man I just did the two on the right side for now cause I got busy so I’m riding around with two black two chrome :lol:
You have a srt jeep right? What are you trying to wrap?
Yep that's the one! I want to wrap the chrome trim under the windows, and the chrome piece on the bottom of the front bumper, as well as the chrome strip on the rear bumper. All flat pieces so I would assume it shouldn't be that bad. Just need to try it out, I used to work at an upholstery shop so I have a little bit of experience wrapping things with actual pieces of vinyl, never vinyl wrap though :lol:

Yep that's the one! I want to wrap the chrome trim under the windows, and the chrome piece on the bottom of the front bumper, as well as the chrome strip on the rear bumper. All flat pieces so I would assume it shouldn't be that bad. Just need to try it out, I used to work at an upholstery shop so I have a little bit of experience wrapping things with actual pieces of vinyl, never vinyl wrap though :lol:
It’s not too bad. Just need a heat gun (or blow dryer) and a really sharp blade. I thought I could just use any blade I had laying around but I think I need to go buy me a sharp pointy exacto knife. That would’ve made this a lot easier even though I made it work in the end

Speaking of plates.

Saw a white BMW 2002 (I think) with a white CA historical vehicle plate on 85. First time seeing that plate.
Wait a minute WHAT, you guys can get a historical plate for a 2002 vehicle? Any restrictions on that plate?
I dont have the bread for any less than 5 digits though
Coming in a little late, but is there any truth in this? Can you elaborate?
Test drive this high altitude grand Cherokee with the 5.7 v8 yesterday. Sometimes it’s a real pain in the *** picking out a car. I get so impulsive. :lol:

3599A93F-4F65-4B86-9282-6FAF909ED421.jpeg
863A497E-1C9B-490F-8022-7285DBB8F7A5.jpeg
Is that in Pittsburgh? Nice truck wife and I have had the limited for 3 years now. She loves her damn Jeeps for some reason. Originally had the Liberty, then traded it in for A4, then traded that in for her Grand Cherokee.

Wait a minute WHAT, you guys can get a historical plate for a 2002 vehicle? Any restrictions on that plate?

Coming in a little late, but is there any truth in this? Can you elaborate?

Is that in Pittsburgh? Nice truck wife and I have had the limited for 3 years now. She loves her damn Jeeps for some reason. Originally had the Liberty, then traded it in for A4, then traded that in for her Grand Cherokee.
Outside philly. I have a wrangler now but I have a 7 month old and it just isn’t a good car for me anymore unfortunately.

Speaking of plates.

Saw a white BMW 2002 (I think) with a white CA historical vehicle plate on 85. First time seeing that plate.

It was super clean.
Interesting found this, I think the rules are tougher here in VA. We can get antinque plates however the lady at DMV said you can't drive it more like 200 miles a year. You guys have some cool plates available in CA, like the Olympic plate to commemurate the 84 Olympics.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/plates/specialplates
These special plates are issued, upon request, for motor vehicles manufactured after 1922 which are at least 25 years old and of historic interest. For more Historical Vehicle Plate information, an application, and fees, follow this link.

Statutory Authority: VC §5004
Outside philly. I have a wrangler now but I have a 7 month old and it just isn’t a good car for me anymore unfortunately.
Ahh looks like a place in Pittsburgh. I completely understand that is why we traded in the A4, couldn't get a stroller in the trunk. Also car seat would only fit in the middle of the car because both our seats were back.

sgamon sgamon
thats a wrap? clean job

you ever think of painting them body color to match? like a clean monotone look
I’d prefer them color matched but i can’t seem to find a vinyl that’ll match the ruby red. And painting them can be expensive since they’re chrome and shops charge more to paint over chrome since it’s more prep work, also they might chip easier if not done correctly. I’m gonna wrap the rest of the chrome as well so the black handles will tie in nicely I think. This is the look I’m going for
DAF3232B-0CD1-4BF4-BA54-16C31AF7E381.jpeg

Anyone going to Katie’s C&C tomorrow?
Take pics if you can of anything nice.
He was talking about this BMW

a1b5e4d772a8f9dfb0c4257d4bfb8f2b12cbda56.jpg
Ahhh that makes more sense, when I heard historical plates on a 2002 car I was confused. I was thinking car made in 2002. Funny I just saw a rendering of someone updating this car. So many old cars I would love to get my hands on and build. Paint this a matte black, air suspension, nice wheel fitment, M3 maybe M5 engine if you could make it fit, and paint those same "designs" in a reverse color. I'm sure some purists would be pissed, but oh well quite a few still around in pristine condition.

Back
Top Bottom