\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

cause i live in Chicago and if you want something to not ever get any surface rust under it you keep it off the road in the winter. there might not be salt on the road yet, but it could happen any time. also the summer/track tires are like ice skates out here when it gets under 50 degrees.

i have a Ram R/T for a daily too, so i still have something nice to drive. honestly storing the car for winter keeps you from getting bored of it too. it feels like you get a new car every time you take it out of storage in the spring.
Damn, I didnt know storing because of winter was a thing.
I’m a damn victim of my upbringings/surroundings
:frown:

haha. yea everybody stores their nice cars up here. when i was putting mine away a dude 2 units down from mine was putting his Porsche away too. they even have luxury storage places for entire collections up here for rich people. they have cars and coffee events in the winter where you can go hang out and look at their collections in their storage man caves.

https://www.irongatemotorcondos.com/

Just put the car away in winter storage for the year, but not before i was able to install a carbon fiber hood, carbon rear wing, and some new door speakers last weekend. kinda sucks putting mods on and not getting to show them off till next year though. lol. the hood and rear wing are the same exact designs as the factory ones, just made in carbon instead.

wrapped the edges of the hood to the first body line in metallic black vinyl that matches the factory brilliant black paint.

10.jpg
36870049_10157595393989922_3595998648892129280_o.jpg
2s.jpg
10s.jpg
20181028_155307.jpg

What year again and how many miles.

I plan on keeping my 392 for forever and I want to know how many miles before major issues.

What year again and how many miles.

I plan on keeping my 392 for forever and I want to know how many miles before major issues.

mine is a 2006 with 64k miles. it doesn't get a ton of miles every year, but it gets road raced and autocross raced a lot. so they are hard miles. no issues. i put a cam in it at 34k miles and the motor looked good inside. only thing i have ever broken is an axle half shaft and power steering pumps. i fixed both of those issues with upgraded parts and never had an issue again though.

6.1L is a little more reliable than the 392 because it doesn't have variable valve timing and the internals are better, but the 392 is pretty stout. 392's just don't like boost. so stay away from superchargers/turbos on the stock pistons and you will be fine. the top ringland is too high on the piston on the 392's so the ringland lets go over 6lbs of boost. if you ever plan on on boost, plan on upgrading with drop in pistons too.

Last edited:
would it make sense to lease the chally for three years then buy it at the end of the lease?

Yes and no.

If you can't afford the payments just buying it out right then ya, you could lease it and buy it out.
Only thing is you gotta check residuals and stuff.
Cause at the end of your lease that number is non negotiable. So you could end up buying the car for 18k but its its actually only worth 15k. Also you gotta remember when you go to buy it out it will be a pre owned car at that point and interest rates will be a lot higher than on a new.
I dont know you're personal situation but usually what I see is customers who cant afford buying it outright will lease and then buy it. Your paying it off for a longer period of time and it will cost you a bit more.
It's not something I would personally do because I dont wanna be paying a car off for 8 years or more but if it's your dream car or whatever and you gotta have it, might be worth it to you.

would it make sense to lease the chally for three years then buy it at the end of the lease?

No disrespect to you but did you get the numbers from the sales person?

The paperwork they give you will show you the monthly, the interest rate, the interest you will be paying over the 3 years and your residual - which is the buy back value of the car after the three years are up.

Yes and no.

If you can't afford the payments just buying it out right then ya, you could lease it and buy it out.
Only thing is you gotta check residuals and stuff.
Cause at the end of your lease that number is non negotiable. So you could end up buying the car for 18k but its its actually only worth 15k. Also you gotta remember when you go to buy it out it will be a pre owned car at that point and interest rates will be a lot higher than on a new.
I dont know you're personal situation but usually what I see is customers who cant afford buying it outright will lease and then buy it. Your paying it off for a longer period of time and it will cost you a bit more.
It's not something I would personally do because I dont wanna be paying a car off for 8 years or more but if it's your dream car or whatever and you gotta have it, might be worth it to you.

yeah it seems like a route to go if you cannot wait to get a car you want.
the salesman suggested that as an option that some people do. but as i thought about it it feels like a way to pay for a car longer.
No disrespect to you but did you get the numbers from the sales person?

The paperwork they give you will show you the monthly, the interest rate, the interest you will be paying over the 3 years and your residual - which is the buy back value of the car after the three years are up.

yeah he didnt show me any info i just went to look at the car and didnt go to the computer to discuss financing.

i think ill jump on it in 6 months or something hopefully a used one hits the lot.

Just put the car away in winter storage for the year, but not before i was able to install a carbon fiber hood, carbon rear wing, and some new door speakers last weekend. kinda sucks putting mods on and not getting to show them off till next year though. lol. the hood and rear wing are the same exact designs as the factory ones, just made in carbon instead.

wrapped the edges of the hood to the first body line in metallic black vinyl that matches the factory brilliant black paint.

10.jpg
2s.jpg
10s.jpg
20181028_155307.jpg

Blackops carbon fiber pieces? If you need anything lmk I’m good friends with the owner. Can put in a good word for ya.

mine is a 2006 with 64k miles. it doesn't get a ton of miles every year, but it gets road raced and autocross raced a lot. so they are hard miles. no issues. i put a cam in it at 34k miles and the motor looked good inside. only thing i have ever broken is an axle half shaft and power steering pumps. i fixed both of those issues with upgraded parts and never had an issue again though.

6.1L is a little more reliable than the 392 because it doesn't have variable valve timing and the internals are better, but the 392 is pretty stout. 392's just don't like boost. so stay away from superchargers/turbos on the stock pistons and you will be fine. the top ringland is too high on the piston on the 392's so the ringland lets go over 6lbs of boost. if you don't ever plan on on boost, plan on upgrading with drop in pistons too.

Yeah I got 42 k miles in 3 years :lol:

No boost for me as I plan on grabbing a hellcat challenger and keeping my 392 as my daily.

I just hit 18lbs of boost racing home. First time I pushed the car since getting it back in August. **** pulls like a train.

Yeah I got 42 k miles in 3 years :lol:

No boost for me as I plan on grabbing a hellcat challenger and keeping my 392 as my daily.
45k In 2 years 2 months
And me too
Plan on grabbing the hellcat
I already use it as my daily
Either me or my wife drive it
So it depends on who leaves out
Grabs 1 car
Other person drives the other
But man the hellcat been ballin me

Hemi powered E46 that i talked about in here.

Same dude owns this tesla swapped 911

10.jpg
2s.jpg
10s.jpg
20181028_155307.jpg

I love everything about this thing.

What's the most miles you've put on your car in a calendar year? Coming up on a year since I bought my car. Pulled off the lot with 45 miles on it. Currently at 20,788 :smh:

What's the most miles you've put on your car in a calendar year? Coming up on a year since I bought my car. Pulled off the lot with 45 miles on it. Currently at 20,788 :smh:

Did 20k miles in the year I owned my WK2 SRT. That yr I did a lot of road trips in that biatch lol

But usually I do no more than 11-12

so when do the BMW 8 series come out? im looking forward to seeing one of those in person

Back
Top Bottom