\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

ninja - not everyone is OK with, or needs to drive a 02 geo tracker or whatever pile of **** you drive around. deal with it. you arent the expert on anything, let alone everything.

ninja - not everyone is OK with, or needs to drive a 02 geo tracker or whatever pile of **** you drive around.

aka sounds like you prefer to rent some swag for a few years and have nothing to show for it when you're done :lol:

That guy's an idiot. Not surprised to see he's from the south. Video is full of misinformation.

I hate to bring this topic back up, but there isn't a situation where financing a car is more advantageous to the buyer than leasing. Not one. If your credit is good enough and your choices are to finance or lease, you should always lease.

Not all of us can stay within the mileage , my 2015 mustang had 44k miles on it .

IMG_20171209_190727.jpg

03' Chevy Tracker ZR-2 w/ da V6 4WD.

here's me installing a winter rust proof undercoating to it.

IMG_20171209_190354.jpg
Da Tracker Jacker. :pimp:

When is da hemi coming?

Don't think leasing is a bad option at all.

Who needs cars as an asset anyways. Just dumb.

I'm married to both my 911 and Panamera, still owe around 25-30k on each to the bank. And there's no way i'll ever see those payments through. Thankfully i'm not upside down though.

Da Tracker Jacker. :pimp:

When is da hemi coming?

if we're being completely honest? idk...i love this Tracker :blush:

my uncle tried to find me da OG boxy tracker i wanted as transition to either a SRT8 Magnum or 1st gen ZL1 camaro...to many were too far gone in da rust Dept for me to sort em out affordably and still get some mods so i settled on this one..

but this lil truck is great in da city, and now i just may freak this joint to da max.

see, i know about whips....this Tracker got a wheel base of 97.6" and about 160" length... thats almost equal to...

8069._CB192204194_.jpg

its TINY...so parking in da City is AMAZING with this joint.

that said its still built like a old school truck of yore (Body on Frame, rear wheel drive with a mechanical transfer case, and live rear axle)

IMG_20171209_190354.jpg

da automotive world doesn't make ANYTHING this small this rugged anymore...its all gutless unibody FWD car based crossovers in this segment now. :lol:

da 2nd Gen Tracker is also rack & pinion so da turning ratios feel tight & numble, and its mechanical POWER steering, none of that disconnected simulated electric steering nonsense... joint handles like a go kart.

i been had a Tracker in my sight cuz since its body on frame, I could do cool truck mods da way Wranglers, f--150, Silverados, Rams, etc. do I.E. big mud tires, lift kits, etc.

suzuki_tracker3_r6_c20.gif

and STILL parallel park in tight squeeze NYC blocks :pimp:

there's also a plethora of aftermarket stuff for it...

http://www.suzukiconversion.com/suzuki_tracker.htm#

da V6 thats comes optional in da ZR-2 version of my joint is a Suzuki based H25A engine..its a good engine, but there's absolutely no aftermarket support other than a rebuild kit...

da plan is to put a Vortec V6 in there (which is basically a Chevy 350 minus 2 cylinders) which has vastly more support in da aftermarket.

and all this stuff is cheap... this joint gonna be my lil tonka truck for a bit :pimp:.

aka sounds like you prefer to rent some swag for a few years and have nothing to show for it when you're done :lol:
Thats what you dont get, I own a house, and have other investments to rely on for my future. Whether or not I own a car is really not making a difference at all in my life in the grand scheme of things. Come on man. And i am not the Dave Ramsey type who will take ******* ketchup packets from mcdonalds and drive a 12 year old civic to save money.

I dont understad how people say theres absolutely no situations where buying is better than leasing.

Uh, how about buying an Accord it lasting 8-10 years. Done paying after 5 years, 3-5 years of driving it without paying for anything besides gas and maintenance.

If you leased it, 3 years new car, 3 years etc. youre always making payments.

Ideally for me, buy a dependable car and lease the luxury.

^ Given how much technology new cars have, and how fast that tech gets outdated, what percentage of people are buying new with the intention of keeping their car for 10 years? I bet that number is less than 5%. Cars today are essentially disposable. But I do agree--to say that there's no situation where financing > leasing is flat out absurd.

My thought is it's a transportation payment. If you're good paying that payment a month, leasing or owning is irrelevant. Everyone has to get around. So what are you willing to pay for and what luxuries do you want to pay for. I'm in the boat of I'd rather buy an older reliable used car that has some luxury and not come huge out the pocket and keep my insurance way down. But I see the deal with leasing because if you're good with that transportation payment and always something new every few years, go for it. If you're buying a big dog luxury car most times they have premium warranties that cover literally everything so you literally just have one payment a month not extra repair expenses.

I dont understad how people say theres absolutely no situations where buying is better than leasing.

Uh, how about buying an Accord it lasting 8-10 years. Done paying after 5 years, 3-5 years of driving it without paying for anything besides gas and maintenance.

If you leased it, 3 years new car, 3 years etc. youre always making payments.

Ideally for me, buy a dependable car and lease the luxury.

Agree 100%. with anything Toyota or Honda I wouldn’t be scared to buy outright even brand new...even at MSRP. Pickup trucks have some of the best resale values when it comes to cars regardless of mileage.

But there is a blanket statement running through this thread that says Leasing < Buying in all cases, which is just silly. When it comes to my 911, I’ve spent less money owning it than i would have leasing it and am very much on top. My Panamera depreciated hard, I’ll be lucky to even come out 15k on top of what I owe to the bank—but I put down 18k on the car so it’s still a horrible loss. F that.

Currently enjoying my leased commuter vehicle. Am definitely liking the strip club vibes in here. But this is a car I would never be caught dead buying outright brand new. And I definitely learned my lesson when it comes to owning these luxury cars. Lease only from now on, with few exceptions.

Take it with a grain of salt, as these are modern car models, not very used cars where the depreciation is already at 70%

ADDED3E2-43DF-46F3-8252-06DA1F8EF229.jpeg

Im thinking of dropping my 408 stroker in a foxbody coupe once i pick it up in the next few weeks. Then i think of all the work its gonna take to do it then remember everything in my camaro will just bolt up and plug right in :lol:. Idk im debating what chassis i want to throw it in kinda want something old school
Bro foxbodys can be done so nicely im fiending for a cheap racecar.
I wanna gut it

umm ownership?

da longer you keep da car da cheaper it is in da long term?

unless you writing off lease payments (which is da trump card) you're paying MORE for perceived convenience.

Leasing a vehicle doesn't prevent you from owning it.

The point I was making is that there is no downside to leasing. You get all the benefits of financing without the long-term commitment.

And the tax writre-off is nice and all, but it isn't as glamorous as people on this site (and in general) seem to think it is.

All I'm saying is that leasing allows you to keep your options open. Even if you're planning on getting a Camry that you intend to drive for 80 years, if the option is to lease or finance, you should always lease.

Leasing allows you to keep your options open? How? Both leasing and financing require you to sign a contract.

You guys are also ignoring the fact there's open-ended leasing (exotics) vs. closed. This makes a BIG difference.

To say there's NO instance where financing is better than leasing is flat out stupid to say, sorry.

I think we all need to agree that leasing vs financing being smarter, is different on a case by case basis.

This right here. Each person's situation is completely different and can change the dynamic of whether leasing to buying the car is better. In some cases, leasing provides benefits and in others, it's smarter to buy the car.

Back
Top Bottom