\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Lol ok lets not get carried away. Yes, some parts are unreasonable but for things like brakes, bulbs, and most wear and tear items, there are reputable aftermarket alternatives. They gave him that awful price because they quoted him using BMW OEM certified parts. Which is great if you're anal about that stuff but a quick google search tells you which part manufacturers are better than others.

I did the brakes on my 335i myself for $450 total in parts, not OEM but Brembo so pretty damn good. The problem is that shops know that euro-luxury car owners can be gouged by selling them overpriced parts and labor. 

Moral of the story: do your googles

Last edited:
how many luxury car owners you expect to do their own work...to save money?

its literally da antithesis of luxury, & BMW dealerships usually have proprietary tools for certain maintenance intervals which is unavoidable if u wanna go da mom & pop route...

I agree with the train of thought that if you can't afford a luxury car new, you can't really afford it used, but I also believe a wise shopper waits a few years for depreciation to hit. Difference being, luxury cars lose value extremely fast. If you can afford it new, but choose to wait till it depreciates you're in a much better position.

As for the E92, if you really want it, go for it. By the time its first major service comes up you'll either be trying to get out of it or breaking the bank to fix it. Only way to truly know if you love it or not. :pimp:

Uhhh have you looked at E90 post other than to make a point using a 6 year old article? A LOT of people work on their own cars, especially BMW's. 

Having money and being mechanically inclined aren't mutually exclusive.

its literally da antithesis of luxury, & BMW dealerships usually have proprietary tools for certain maintenance intervals which is unavoidable if u wanna go da mom & pop route...
I agree somewhat, but the E9x is an enthusiast staple. Majority of the people buying it are doing so because of the N54-55 and its mod potential. They're more than willing to work on it themselves or know of shops that can. Everyone else will either buy an extended factory warranty or a warranty thru another company to do repairs.

Like half the forum you posted do their own maintenance work.

Thats an enthusiasts forum. And many of them only prefer OEM parts, which is why they get hit with them prices.

Its not anything unheard of for someone to go to a certified shop and order their own parts before getting something fixed.

90% of them Hemi owners ain't changing their own oil either so...

A 328i BMW doesn't cost as much as a 335i which doesn't cost as much as an M3 to maintain.

Don't have dude thinking he's going to be paying M3 costs to daily a 328i...

Your cousin had an M3 bruh... Thats like me telling the guy looking for an apartment to stay with his parents because owning a house costs too much...

Last edited:
Will this be your daily driver, bro?

Where will you be driving this vehicle primarily?

-Drew

Yea this will be my one and only. I'll be buying it in ATL and driving back to NYC. The 328 also has xdrive so that all wheel drive will do wonders for my during NYC winters

To be honest with you, bro, if I were you, I'd save myself the stress and cop the accord. Especially if you plan on driving the car in NYC. Those pot holes and horrible roads will have you regretting that you chose the Bimmer as the daily.

In terms of the AWD, you can throw on some good snow tires from the money you saved and place it on the Honda. The snow tires alone will be more than good enough.

I would just then save the money and buy or lease a great weekend car. There's just something that turns me off of buying a car that's that many years old if it's not something that would appreciate in value. Unless of course if it's Japanese.

I feel like that's the best way to go about it.
I live in NY and drive around NYC almost every day if it matters.

-Drew

Last edited:
If you don't have a personal mechanic that shows love I'd never buy a used bmw that old especially outta warranty

Yeah man I remember you trying to decide. I mean both are great choices and you got what you neededat the time. Right now I'm thinking of trading my gt in and getting a jeep :lol:
Either that or a newer 5.0
Yea it was a tough call. I keep thinking about selling the Jeep cuz I'm missing driving a manual, but I know a sports car would only be fun here for 5 or 6 months out of the year, and miserable the rest when it's raining. Whereas the Jeep is a really good daily year round, minus the gas mileage which I was prepared for :lol:

My plan when I got the Jeep was to sell it in a year or 2, and buy a 2015 or 2016 5.0 when they drop in price. What kinda Jeep you thinking of getting?

Last edited:
Yea it was a tough call. I keep thinking about selling the Jeep cuz I'm missing driving a manual, but I know a sports car would only be fun here for 5 or 6 months out of the year, and miserable the rest when it's raining. Whereas the Jeep is a really good daily year round, minus the gas mileage which I was prepared for :lol:

My plan when I got the Jeep was to sell it in a year or 2, and buy a 2015 or 2016 5.0 when they drop in price. What kinda Jeep you thinking of getting?
Oh in that case I would have gone with the jeep too.
Well I wish I could get an SRT jeep but that'll be a few years until the drop low enough to cop. I wanted the newer gen 2011+ but those are still sitting at about 30-35k. Right now my budget is 25k. I think I'm just gonna wait another year, cop a decent daily in the meantime and sell my mustang to use as a down payment on a 2015+ 5.0. I'm thinking of getting it in grabber blue. Maybe white.

Oh in that case I would have gone with the jeep too.
Well I wish I could get an SRT jeep but that'll be a few years until the drop low enough to cop. I wanted the newer gen 2011+ but those are still sitting at about 30-35k. Right now my budget is 25k. I think I'm just gonna wait another year, cop a decent daily in the meantime and sell my mustang to use as a down payment on a 2015+ 5.0. I'm thinking of getting it in grabber blue. Maybe white.
I've come around on the WK2. Wasn't a big fan initially, because the WK1 (my gen) exterior is just way more aggressive looking compared to the newer gen. But a drop, and some wheels, and they actually look real nice on the outside. The interior on the WK2 is miles ahead of the WK1 :lol: .

Sounds like a good plan to me man, I love that grabber blue color, and white looks real good too :smokin . I went to a Mustang car show last year which kinda cemented my decision to not go with the Boss 302, the 2015+ 5.0s just look MUCH better then the older 5.0s when they are side by side.

I've come around on the WK2. Wasn't a big fan initially, because the WK1 (my gen) exterior is just way more aggressive looking compared to the newer gen. But a drop, and some wheels, and they actually look real nice on the outside. The interior on the WK2 is miles ahead of the WK1 :lol: .

Sounds like a good plan to me man, I love that grabber blue color, and white looks real good too :smokin . I went to a Mustang car show last year which kinda cemented my decision to not go with the Boss 302, the 2015+ 5.0s just look MUCH better then the older 5.0s when they are side by side.
Yeah man that's why I've waited cause whatever mustang I get next I plan to keep for a long time and I know that if I got the earlier 5.0s then I might regret it after seeing all the newer ones. Oh and they're doing a refresh in 2018 so now those 2012-2014s are gonna look real outdated. I say that now but I still love the old school design of the last gen and I know I'd enjoy it either way. Those can look really good with just a drop and wheels.

After two weeks of backorder, new wheels finally shipped 
pimp.gif
 fresh off the production line

Hoping to mount some firehawk indy 500s on them. I'll have a nice summer setup that should take about 5-6 lbs off per corner

After two weeks of backorder, new wheels finally shipped :pimp:  fresh off the production line

Hoping to mount some firehawk indy 500s on them. I'll have a nice summer setup that should take about 5-6 lbs off per corner

What wheels did you end up getting bro?

Can't wait to see your new setup. :nthat:

-Drew

I had a 745 and threw a fortune into it to keep it on the road. Seemed like every 8 months something went out on it. It was only 4 years old when I got it and my daily commute was only 20 minutes. Never again. I have a Infiniti now and so far so good. Can't fool with German whips no more.

Last edited:
I had a 745 and threw a fortune into it to keep it on the road. Seemed like every 8 months something went out on it. It was only 4 years old when I got it and my daily commute was only 20 minutes. Never again. I have a Infiniti now and so far so good. Can't fool with German whips no more.

745?! That's probably one if not THE most unreliable German of all time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom