\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If you're buying a Bentley the MPG is the last thing you're worried about. I'm pretty sure you're not worried about saving money like that.

Actually a lot of Bentley Owners end up selling theirs within a couple years because of ownership expenses which mpg is 1 of the components

There's a V8 and a V12 Bentley now, but I'm really surprised people buy these older GT and flying spurs. Literally trying too hard.

Because it's the worst case of badge flossing. If your budget is 30k for a car, how do you plan on paying 3k a year for service? You don't. You don't maintain the car and you let it die.

Leasing a GT V8 is only 1800 these days, if you can't afford at least that, I don't see how this car is for you.

You may disagree, but I can't help but think that anyone who drives a 2005 Bentley is just trying to pretend they have more money than they actually do.

Instagram rich, fake busy type. Not for me.

I feel like the 12-15 year old Bentleys, Maserati's, Aston Martins, etc, are like the worst purchases you could make.  Theres a reason they depreciate so hard, junk cars. Those things age in dog years.

badge flossing is a very real thing papi. I'm nowhere near being able to afford a Bentley. Buying a 90s Bentley could be a little different though since it could be for collection. But that 10 year old salvage title Bentley is going to go to some guy that is gonna act like he's doing on IG acting like he has more money than he does. Few years later car is gonna be trashed :lol:

I'm just saying that it's not for me, and that we can disagree, no big deal to me. I'm not angry I'm laughing. What you fail to understand is that these cars are ticking time bombs to a point it is literally not worth buying used, just like those 05 quattroportes. Literally not even a Bentley dealer would sell a car from 2005, I'm not referring to an arnage at all and haven't been, but just those old gt's. Authorized dealers won't sell early GT's only the corner store used dealers sell them. Not sure what else you need to hear.

The fact that you're arguing about justifying this purchase tells me everything I need to know. It's just a mistake purchase from every angle, yet people still buy them for the thrill of impressing others. You can get so much better for the price of 50k it's not even funny. But it ain't a Bentley right? That's your logic?

I agree, people can do what they want with their money. I don't plan on stopping them, if they need an ego boost from owning a bentley I'm all for it. Same goes to people who buy 745li's.

I'm done man, I'm done. Those people are nobody to me and are so far out of my concern. All im trying to do is talk a fellow NT'er out of a foolish purchase.

Change of topic. My friend and I went to pick up his car from RDB and I couldn't take my eyes off of this thing. I thought it was a reventon but it was just a modded aventador.

Can't believe these Arab guys send their cars out here to get work done.

Also this 650gt3 is for sale on rennlist for 210k, I can't help but think it's a steal. nelson999 nelson999 maybe ask your boss if it's worth picking up?

I actually just saw that the other day was thinking the same thing.  Seems very cheap compared to the other ones on the market

Last edited:
Man nobodies dream car is a Bentley :lol:. Maybe they dream of being able to OBTAIN one, but that specific brand is all floss. People with money don't buy them, they lease them and let the people who dream purchase them thinking its a good value. I don't think any enthusiast with money would out right buy one unless it was a collectible.

Man you really need to let this go, that guy is a nobody. You need idols like warren buffet or Elon Musk. That article is from 2011 and you're talking about it like it happened last night.

Yea, its a bogus claim but still. I think people dream more of being in a financial state to purchase one. I know $pitta's a carnut, but just because you see him with one doesn't mean he just up and bought it. That very well might be the case tho, but Im sure he has/had plans for it other than the average Bentley driver. Like throwing an LS in it lol.

Back
Top Bottom