\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Got my rear quarter window smashed because I left a hoodie in the backseat...I guess they thought I had something valuable under it? :stoneface:

DAMN THAT'S A CLEAN CAR. I'M HURTING FOR YOU

Dig the exhaust Nelson! The frustrating thing with these cars is there's literally 100 different systems/setups and no single one is regarded as the best. I'm struggling big time to decide on a setup for mine. I'd do a muffler bypass but I can't afford to lose any torque considering these things have none :/
You know what else is frustrating? The fact that the entire exhaust system is like 18 inches long but somehow costs thousands of dollars even for a stainless steel one 
indifferent.gif

My exhaust has cat deletes and muffler deletes so you can imagine the cold startup and the WOT sound, My buddy was in my back yard with his dog last night when i did that pull on the video, it was on the major street that goes next to my neighborhood, he said the **** was echoing throughout the neighborhood
roll.gif

surprised i haven't gotten any neighbor complaints about the cold starts at 8:30am 
laugh.gif

i would like to have the cold startup process tuned out if that's possible.  It revs itself to like 2800rpm when it fires up and idles super high. Makes me look like an ******* because I'm sure most people don't realize that the car does that on its own, and I'm sure its obnoxious.  Once it's warmed up the idle with "sport mode" turned off is actually very quiet

Last edited:
Ok brahs so sad day.

Had to get rid of the Borla and put back the stocker. :frown:

The Borla was giving me 2 issues I could not live with. The one I bought had the exhaust valves in the midpipes. An extra 600 more for the feature. No problem. I dont want a CEL. So this catback before shipping was 2000. I get it installed. Every time the car is not in track mode (when the active exhaust flaps are stuck open), everytime I hit the gas I hear a bird chirp like sound. Its the valves in the exhaust. :frown:

Second was an exhaust rattle coming from the rear

This was due to ****** exhaust clamps.

So at this point I am in for 2300 for the exhaust including install. I could not take the noise anymore so I decided to put the stocker back on. So another 250. 2550 so far.

Called Borla and explained the issue. They are taking my old exhaust back and refunding me everything.

Customer service was great from them. Sucks I had to go through this but it was all sorted out.

So decided I am staying stock.

That sucks. There's always Corsa or Magnaflow. I almost regret not going with Corsa.

And that's with lowering springs? How high do these sit from the factory?
No, i gave those to my boss and he used them on the Black Turbo i posted the other day.

But yes, it definitely needs to be lowered.

Lower, wheels, tune.  That's the list for now.

Last edited:
No, i gave those to my boss and he used them on the Black Turbo i posted the other day.

But yes, it definitely needs to be lowered.

Lower, wheels, tune.  That's the list for now.
Oh okay sounds good then. Definitely needs new wheels. Seeing how your m3 turned out I'm sure you'll mod this one nicely :pimp: can't wait

nelson999 nelson999

Been MIA for a minute but congrats dude. I'm still holding out for a 997.2 GT3 or GT3RS.

Need to make room and sell some cars. Hoping Porsche announcing some boutique cars with manual trans lowers the prices for the older cars.

@Nelson999

Been MIA for a minute but congrats dude. I'm still holding out for a 997.2 GT3 or GT3RS.

Need to make room and sell some cars. Hoping Porsche announcing some boutique cars with manual trans lowers the prices for the older cars.
Thanks man.

Im not sure the RS prices are going to go anywhere but i could see the gt3 going down if the rumors of the 991.2 GT3 being available in a manual come true.

Custom Exhaust Setup Complete
Decat/Catless PERON Downpipe, Res. Delete & VIBRANT 1140 /Resonator in place of the Stock Rear Muffler.

Louder then I expected. Or hoped..but no drone which is the reason I went this route. Does sound good. Now to get some boost pipes without a resonator to even out the turbo to exhaust noise again.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format... a minute //&txt=https://youtu.be/Qj0KgWEO4Jk

Last edited:
Ok brahs so sad day.

The Borla was giving me 2 issues I could not live with. The one I bought had the exhaust valves in the midpipes. An extra 600 more for the feature. No problem. I dont want a CEL. So this catback before shipping was 2000. I get it installed. Every time the car is not in track mode (when the active exhaust flaps are stuck open), everytime I hit the gas I hear a bird chirp like sound. Its the valves in the exhaust. :frown:

So at this point I am in for 2300 for the exhaust including install. I could not take the noise anymore so I decided to put the stocker back on. So another 250. 2550 so far.

Called Borla and explained the issue. They are taking my old exhaust back and refunding me everything.

Customer service was great from them. Sucks I had to go through this but it was all sorted out.

Damn man, that sucks! Good to see that Borla was understanding though, especially for such an expensive exhaust system. You gonna try any other companies or just leave it?

Anyone else see a sporty car and do the window peak to see if it's a manual while walking by?

Card nerd habit, prob makes me look like I'm plotting something...

I have boys that thought that way all thru high school and even bought their first car stick, LA traffic ain't no joke and they soon learned that.. not one of them ever bought a stick again after a few years of sitting in over a hour of bumper to bumper traffic for over a hour each way...

Anyone else see a sporty car and do the window peak to see if it's a manual while walking by?

Card nerd habit, prob makes me look like I'm plotting something...

I do this all the time :lol:

I also look at brake rotor sizes/designs when I walk by the wheels.

Last edited:
Also, this is around the way from my parents' place. Finally remembered to take pics to showcase for the thread. I've walked by this place multiple times, but it's just always weird seeing such high-end cars in the hood...:lol:

that Mulsanne is all i need!! love big body sedans

Flying Spur too

on that note doe, going to look at a 2014 Impala LTZ (dreading going from AWD truck to FWD sedan)
bunch of 14s coming in off lease now, so 3year old car with 40k miles for half price of new, ehh ill take it

Ok brahs so sad day.

:frown:

Got my rear quarter window smashed because I left a hoodie in the backseat...I guess they thought I had something valuable under it? :stoneface:

Thieves :smh: Is that window even big enough to reach into the back seat?

Finally got some non cellphone pictures

This with the palm trees in the back :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom