\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

If buying a used M with 80k for $35k is badge flossing then what do we call that Porches listing? 
laugh.gif
I bought my 335i with 65k for 21k

so im pretty much badge flossin
roll.gif

Tbh if you have owned a 335i for more than a year you're not badge flossing cuz you are conveying that you have the means to keep it on the road :lol:

I own one of these money pits.

Tbh if you have owned a 335i for more than a year you're not badge flossing cuz you are conveying that you have the means to keep it on the road
laugh.gif
I own one of these money pits.
Man im already $3-4k  into engine maintenance on mines but i love the car

I only had it for 2 year

By
I've never once thought of Porsche as a badge flossing brand outside of the Cayenne... To me, Porsche is an enthusiast's brand... ///M, AMG, Shelby, ect are the brands I associate that with... I can't really explain my thought :lol: ... I see Porsche-heads in a much different light than I see BMW-heads...

The Boxer is like the broke mans Porsche from what Ive heard.

Yeah your opinion doesn't make sense, I think you just dislike BMW guys :lol:

Actually I think it's that I just like Porsche :lol:...

I would consider BMW and Mercedes as a badge flosser collectively.  Most people who buy the base 320 series and whip it around town like they're the ish are the ones that annoy me the most. 

With Ms and AMG, most of the guys I've met are true enthusiasts. Those guys I can appreciate.  

Porsche on the other hand, I would consider more a a TRUE enthusiasts brand.  Traditionally, they don't make cars for the masses.  Their formula from the start is to build a SPORTS car.  That's why everyone considers Porsche to be the best all around sports car.  

Obviously that's changing now with pressure of executives to make money with the introduction of the Cayenne and Panamera which sells units.  But at the end of the day, you need $ to survive which is how Porsche can take that profit and invest in the high end sports cars we enjoy.  

I would consider BMW and Mercedes as a badge flosser collectively.  Most people who buy the base 320 series and whip it around town like they're the ish are the ones that annoy me the most. 

With Ms and AMG, most of the guys I've met are true enthusiasts. Those guys I can appreciate.  

Porsche on the other hand, I would consider more a a TRUE enthusiasts brand.  Traditionally, they don't make cars for the masses.  Their formula from the start is to build a SPORTS car.  That's why everyone considers Porsche to be the best all around sports car.  

Obviously that's changing now with pressure of executives to make money with the introduction of the Cayenne and Panamera which sells units.  But at the end of the day, you need $ to survive which is how Porsche can take that profit and invest in the high end sports cars we enjoy.  

This is what I was entirely too :nthat: to explain earlier :lol:...

I'm the high bidder on that car right now. Talked to the owner seems well taken care of. Says reserve will probably come off, I'm at max of 26k on it.
Bout to bid $26,100 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
I hope one of you guys wins this auction!  Been watching this one for a few days now.  A modern 911 Turbo below 30K is a rarity, especially with a clean title.  I would bid, but I just can't bring myself to embrace the 996 headlight design.  997 Turbo's are all in the upper 60s and 70s right now on the Porsche forums and eBay.  This looks like a steal even with mileage.  As to the badge flossing, the racing heritage and history of the Porsche brand attract a certain enthusiast segment.  Having experienced the Porsche brand for a couple years as a daily driver, I will say the build quality, attention to interior and exterior detail, as well as reliability are on another level compared to the other German luxury brands.  I still miss my Cayman R 
indifferent.gif

I had a 997 turbo on the hook for $55k last week. 6-speed, coupe, awesome spec. All i needed was financing approval and my boss was going to wire him the money that day.  Didn't work out though, i was trying to do it through a specialty credit union that offers longer loans (up to 10 years) and loans on older cars and they require a large history of auto loans that i didn't have. Even with an 800 score and perfect history they wouldn't do it for me 
tired.gif

The problem with your theory is this; from what i've gathered from my time in the car industry and talking with people who drive high end cars on a daily basis, often times these are the exact same people. Including myself. 

it's amazing how many people i've met and sold cars to who have multiple M cars and multiple high end Porsches.  

Just sold an M4 for a customer who also owns a new M6 and a 991 GT3.  

Sold a 73 Porsche 911 for a customer who also owns a e36 M3 that he takes to the track, and a mint condition e36 dinan supercharged M3, and a handful of rare Porsches. 

One of my buddies has a 997 GT3 and a E36 M3 street/track car. 

the list goes on...

I had a 997 turbo on the hook for $55k last week. 6-speed, coupe, awesome spec. All i needed was financing approval and my boss was going to wire him the money that day.  Didn't work out though, i was trying to do it through a specialty credit union that offers longer loans (up to 10 years) and loans on older cars and they require a large history of auto loans that i didn't have. Even with an 800 score and perfect history they wouldn't do it for me |I

I thought you wanted a GT3 not a turbo :nerd:...

I had a 997 turbo on the hook for $55k last week. 6-speed, coupe, awesome spec. All i needed was financing approval and my boss was going to wire him the money that day.  Didn't work out though, i was trying to do it through a specialty credit union that offers longer loans (up to 10 years) and loans on older cars and they require a large history of auto loans that i didn't have. Even with an 800 score and perfect history they wouldn't do it for me 
tired.gif
That's an incredible deal and sounds like private party sale as well.  Something else will come around, I'm sure.  Check out PenFed next time for financing, they seem pretty good when it comes to older cars and they offer really low interest rates.  Keep gunning for the 997 turbo man, that's the one!  GT3 is going to run you close to 100K and unless you are tracking on a regular basis, the turbo would be a better daily driver. 

On another note, auction just ended for the 136k mile 996, didn't hit reserve at 24.9K, wow, wonder if maintenance wasn't up to date or there is something else at play here, had over 100 watchers, but no late bidding.

[thread="266081"]I see Porsche-heads in a much different light than I see BMW-heads...[/thread]
The problem with your theory is this; from what i've gathered from my time in the car industry and talking with people who drive high end cars on a daily basis, often times these are the exact same people. Including myself. 

it's amazing how many people i've met and sold cars to who have multiple M cars and multiple high end Porsches.  

Just sold an M4 for a customer who also owns a new M6 and a 991 GT3.  

Sold a 73 Porsche 911 for a customer who also owns a e36 M3 that he takes to the track, and a mint condition e36 dinan supercharged M3, and a handful of rare Porsches. 

One of my buddies has a 997 GT3 and a E36 M3 street/track car. 

the list goes on...

I'm fully aware I'm being judgemental :lol:...

I'm also an outsider with absolutely no knowledge of actual facts :lol:... I just form opinions from people watching...

The vw with the "character " to it was purchased for 1$. Owner was a cool cat too. Said he had three more of em.

tired.gif
sick.gif

Damn, I would have been irate.  What was the mielage?  

I'd like to think BMW/Porsche owners would relate on many levels, enthusiasts that care more about a pure driving experience and handling.

As an owner of two Porsches I can confidently say the Mission E will not catch Tesla, nor will any other car brand.

Tesla pioneered a new segment and is light years ahead compared to anyone else. Anyone who doubts what I'm saying needs to go test drive one and just see all the features other than MPGe. At 130k a P100D is a bargain for the SUV.

I genuinely would trade my Panamera for a Model X tomorrow if I wasn't shopping for a different weekend car. My priorities are all messed up.

tired.gif
I thought you wanted a GT3 not a turbo
nerd.gif
Yea definitely thats the ultimate goal but you aren't getting a GT3 for anywhere near the price i could get a turbo for.  Turbo would have been one step closer to a gt3 though.
sick.gif

Damn, I would have been irate.  What was the mielage?  
Yea i was pretty pissed. Especially since my credit is perfect and i was asking for like half of what the car is worth, and the payments on the loan setup i was asking for were only like 10 dollars more than my M3 payment so it's not like im asking for some ridiculous payment i may not end up being able to pay.

60k Miles. Kind of high compared to a lot of the 997 turbos on the market but still not crazy and the price was great.  Plus it was a 6 speed coupe and a rare color combo. Its a car i feel will definitely go up in value over the next couple of years

Last edited:
Y'all need to give the upcoming Camaro ZL1 some consideration; simply awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom