\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Still here with my Camaro and I'm ready to sell it |I

I love it but I'm ready to not have a car payment and I want to learn how to drive stick so now I'm in the market for either:

-04-06 GTO

-89-93 5.0

-99-02 WS6

And if I don't get a stick, I'm looking at a SVT Lightning or F-Body. Trying to stay under 10k. Is this likely? And for the bigger/taller gents who possibly own these vehicles, how's the fit?

Thanks

04 GTOs seem to be coming down in price since 1st year and 5.7 LS in them instead of 6.0.
06s seem to be around 18k-20k range depending.

I've been looking for a 02 WS6 for like half a year now. Prices seem outrageous. Guys are wanting like 18-20k for em. But I'm kind of picky and want lower miles.
I can't find anything local.

Location probably makes a difference too for prices.

Miles scare you?

Not at all. I live in the Bay area and take BART to work M-F. I drive MAYBE 60 miles a week now. Just as long as I can drive to and around LA/So Cal when I need to..

I love it but I'm ready to not have a car payment and I want to learn how to drive stick so now I'm in the market for either:

-04-06 GTO

-89-93 5.0

-99-02 WS6

And if I don't get a stick, I'm looking at a SVT Lightning or F-Body. Trying to stay under 10k. Is this likely? And for the bigger/taller gents who possibly own these vehicles, how's the fit?

Thanks

You can get a c5 corvette for fairly cheap now

I've been checking those out too....heard they're roomy as hell on the inside compared to any other Corvette model.

Cousin is selling me his '79 el Camino (I think it's '79) don't really know the details about the car but I'll ask him. He wants 2k for it. Last time I saw it it was running but he's getting married so needs money for the wedding

That's funny. Dealership up the street from my job got an elcamino . They want 10gs for it but I think it can be negotiated since it'll need a paint job for the bed area .

Last edited:
Saw this the other day :lol:

I'd get a c5 or the ws6 with the SLP package.

Or try to find an unmolested foxbody.

this c5 corvette is local to me only has 5500 miles and supercharged

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5755135332.html

too bad its convertible
That's damn nice. There's a guy in a red c5 with a wide body kit that rolls around here . Seen him everynow and then but when I do I just smh it's ******* cold.

Could mess around and find a zo6 c5 for under 30gs too.

-04-06 GTO

-89-93 5.0

-99-02 WS6

Thanks
I've owned 2 Lightnings, and coincidentally, 2 foxbody 5.0s. I loved both of them. With that being said, they're 2 very different types of vehicles, even though both are a blast to drive. Under 10k is very doable for a 5.0. And you can find Lightnings for under 10 as well, but not much under that.

Size wise, 5.0s are NOT roomy on the inside. And I'll be the honest, the interiors aren't that great either, lots of cheap plastic. The Lightning on the otherhand is pretty roomy, as it's still a full size truck, and for its age, it's pretty nice inside too.

Performance wise, I'd say the 5.0 is a little more raw feeling, while the lightning is a bit more refined (although not by much). If I had to pick one for a daily driver, I'd choose the Lightning, it's just a little nicer to live with every day. If i had to choose one for a weekend car, I'd choose the 5.0, because I just love the feeling of driving one, and I'd like a stick for a weekend car too.

Any other questions about either the 5.0 or Lightning, let me know :smokin

WELP. JUST DROPPED OFF CAR FOR CLEAR BRA AND TINT. DECIDED TO GO WITH HALF HOOD, FULL BUMPER, FENDERS, MIRRORS, DOOR JAMBS, AND DOOR SEALS. NO NEED FOR THE REAR FENDER AS THE CAR ALREADY COMES WITH PLASTIC SPLASH GAURDS WHICH STICK OUT THE SIDES RIGHT BEHIND THE TIRES.

WHEN I DROPPED MY CAR OFF, THEY HAD TWO GT350'S THERE THEY JUST COMPLETED. ONE ALL BLACK THAT DID HALF HOOD AND ONE WHITE WITH BLUE STRIPES THAT DID FULL HOOD. WAS GOING TO GO WITH FULL HOOD BUT AFTER THE GUYS THERE ASKED ME TO FIND THE SEAM ON THE HALF HOOD CAR, I DECIDED TO GO HALF HOOD. I COULD NOT FIND THE SEAM UNTIL MY FACE WAS PLANTED ON THE CAR :lol: . FULL HOOD ALSO INCREASED TOTAL COST FROM $550 TO $1150 :rolleyes

THEY HAD A PORSCHE THERE THAT THEY JUST DID XPEL ON THE FRONT BUMPER AND I COULD DEF TELL THAT THE SUNTEK THEY INSTALLED ON THE 350 IS A LOT MORE CLEAR WITH LESS ORANGE PEEL LOOK. THEY SAID THE PORSCHE OWNER WAS PLANNING TO TRACK THE CAR REGULARLY SO WANTED THE XPEL SINCE IT IS A THICKER FILM.

THESE FILMS ARE AMAZING STUFF, THEY TOOK A BRILLO PAD TO SOME OF THE FILM ON A TEST HOOD AND SCUFFED IT ALL UP BADLY. THEN BY APPLYING WARM WATER OVER THE SCUFFS, MOST OF THE SCUFFS WENT AWAY. THEY THEN USED A HEAT GUN ON LOW ON THE SCUFFS AND WHATEVER WAS LEFT BEHIND, ALSO WENT AWAY. THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY COOL. DIDN'T KNOW THE FILMS WERE SELF HEALING.

THEY ARE ALSO HOOKING IT UP WITH 10% TINT ON ALL WINDOWS AND 35% ON ENTIRE FRONT WINDSHIELD, SAME AS WHAT I HAD ON THE 5.0. CAN'T WAIT TO PICK IT UP TOMORROW SO I CAN APPLY CQUARTZ TO THE ENTIRE CAR AND I'LL BE GOOD ON THE EXTERIOR FOR A LONG TIME. :lol:

Another shot of the GTI. I wish I could snap pics of the lighting package at night. The bi xenons are MEAN :pimp:

That is a clean GTI. Just picked up an Autobahn with DSG and PP a few weeks ago. Previous car was a 2015 wrx. As mentioned, VW is practically giving these away. MSRP was 35, my price before taxes, gap, and service plan was 27,840.

Last edited:

Another shot of the GTI. I wish I could snap pics of the lighting package at night. The bi xenons are MEAN :pimp:

That is a clean GTI. Just picked up an Autobahn with DSG and PP a few weeks ago. Previous car was a 2015 wrx. As mentioned, VW is practically giving these away. MSRP was 35, my price before taxes, gap, and service plan was 27,840.
Bro! Why did you get rid of the WRX? I went from a 20th anniversary MK4 to a 2016 WRX. No regrets. Only other VW I'd get is an R, but the Autobahn with PP is a great deal.

315k585.jpg

Clear bra the whole front end 2 days after I got it, and it still looks new.

Bro! Why did you get rid of the WRX? I went from a 20th anniversary MK4 to a 2016 WRX. No regrets. Only other VW I'd get is an R, but the Autobahn with PP is a great deal.

315k585.jpg

I wish I would have done that to my 16 STI. There are some notice(at least to me) chips in the paint on the front of the hood. 
mean.gif

315k585.jpg

WRX is a great car. Awesome car fam :pimp:

Dont sleep on the MK7 though, big difference from the MK4 :lol:

^Im well aware of the MK7. Probably one of the few that was defending them when you know who was roaming the thread.

Last edited:
^Im well aware of the MK7. Probably one of the few that was defending them when you know who was roaming the thread.

315k585.jpg

You know who?

Last edited:

That is a clean GTI. Just picked up Autobahn with DSG and PP a few weeks ago. Previous car was a 2015 wrx. As mentioned, VW is practically giving these away. MSRP was 35, my price before taxes, gap, and service plan was 27,840.

315k585.jpg

Ah yeah I got a lot of heat from friends and family when I traded in the WRX. I truly loved the car, but it was time for something different.

Loved:
The raw power of the car, driving it was truly a blast.

Hated:
The stiff driving. On smooth roads the car is great, but on bad roads it would make me think something was seriously wrong with the car.

In addition to that I had some minor issues pop up that kinda bothered me. I had to replace the battery around 22,000 miles. About two months prior to that I noticed that the driver side door was rubbing against the fender. Turns out the door was out of alignment.

Lastly, I needed something that the wife could drive if needed. I tried to teach her to drive in a previous car (2012 jetta) and she couldn't get the hang of it.

All in all for the price I paid i think it was a good choice. If I had to pay MSRP for the GTI i probably would've kept the WRX.

Here is an old pic of the WRX.

WRX and GTI side by side.

Clean looking subie @Dead Stokc  
pimp.gif
. #rumblegang.

I need that lip on mine. Only thing cosmetic I'm doing I think. Maybe some window visors. I may be getting an exhaust finally in the next month or 2

Clean looking subie @Dead Stokc
 :pimp: . #rumblegang.

I need that lip on mine. Only thing cosmetic I'm doing I think. Maybe some window visors. I may be getting an exhaust finally in the next month or 2
Preciate it bro! Few mods I still need. JDM fog bezels, rear fog light, and vinyl wrap roof so I can put a vortex on it. Was thinking about getting a carbon trunk with the duck lip spoiler, but its kinda ricey lol.

#rumblegang

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom