\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Tell him not to buy STi brembo's. You can get the same brakes off the CTS-V for a 1/4 of the price.

Then he can show off his nice set of real brakes. Not that brakes on a car even matter as a brilliant NTer once taught us(it's funny I still remember the Track King who schooled us on that :lol: ).

That and the weight reduction thing, one of the most valuable lessons I've learned on here.

But seriously, tell him to buy those Cadillac brembo's. They're the exact same as my brakes but dirt cheap compared to Subaru if they bolt on.

Last edited:
Yep. Best there is IMHO. And it's black/discreet.

Just started hearing about this brand (Focal).  Are they quality?  Above your typical Kicker/ JL Audio?  What's the sound like?  Also, what do you guys usually do with the crossovers?  Are they still installed even though you have a dedicated amp for the component speakers?

you can go a little lower?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
coilovers and camber kit are next

Had my friend's new e92 m3 for almost 2 whole weeks now...can't believe he still hasn't taken it home yet :lol:

Put in his white angel eyes, got it tinted, and had his wheels painted so far. I initially told him to get a different set of wheels, but realized he had the competition package with the zcp wheels so he might as well just keep them for now. Told him to buy a cf front lip, rear diffuser, and exhaust and he'll be set. He might need to get a drop eventually to even out the front and back, but he's hesitant about doing that along with a front lip.

Anyway, I only have one pic of the car right now, but he wanted to paint the calipers blue. I told him I could do it, but the brakes on the car are almost embarrassingly small for what it is. I don't know if they'd even be that visible behind these wheels. Any of you m3 guys have any insight on that? Any other mods he should consider doing too? He wants to wrap it a satin white, but call me selfish...last time I wrapped a friend's car it took a whole weekend and I really, really don't feel like wasting a whole weekend on a car that isn't mine. Might buy him the cf hood vent thingies and the cf side vents and tell him to **** off.

rs93ic.jpg

it looks beautiful as is especially with the black ZHP wheels :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: just get body color matched reflectors drop it and throw on a lip :pimp:

(and maybe fix the picture) :lol:

Last edited:

Had my friend's new e92 m3 for almost 2 whole weeks now...can't believe he still hasn't taken it home yet
laugh.gif

Put in his white angel eyes, got it tinted, and had his wheels painted so far. I initially told him to get a different set of wheels, but realized he had the competition package with the zcp wheels so he might as well just keep them for now. Told him to buy a cf front lip, rear diffuser, and exhaust and he'll be set. He might need to get a drop eventually to even out the front and back, but he's hesitant about doing that along with a front lip.

Anyway, I only have one pic of the car right now, but he wanted to paint the calipers blue. I told him I could do it, but the brakes on the car are almost embarrassingly small for what it is. I don't know if they'd even be that visible behind these wheels. Any of you m3 guys have any insight on that? Any other mods he should consider doing too? He wants to wrap it a satin white, but call me selfish...last time I wrapped a friend's car it took a whole weekend and I really, really don't feel like wasting a whole weekend on a car that isn't mine. Might buy him the cf hood vent thingies and the cf side vents and tell him to **** off.

rs93ic.jpg
just get body color matched reflectors drop it and throw on a lip 
This. Needs color matched reflectors, look up IND, they are the go-to company for them.

Yep. Best there is IMHO. And it's black/discreet.

Just started hearing about this brand (Focal).  Are they quality?  Above your typical Kicker/ JL Audio?  What's the sound like?  Also, what do you guys usually do with the crossovers?  Are they still installed even though you have a dedicated amp for the component speakers?

Look into Focal or those models, yes they are high quality.

The only thing kicker in my system is my multi-amp wiring kit, as the wire itself is high quality. The rest of their stuff, not for me.

JL subs you'll either need W6 or W7's for quality. They also pack a power with W7 being their flagship with the most power(too much for me), the W6's are perfect but my box/subs will be on and off my car.. Their Amps, those HD and XD are high quality but you'll need amps to also be compatible with your setup. Rockford Fosgate is also a good brand.

If you're looking into competition subs and amps then that'll be a different class, but way too much bass to even enjoy it. Your subs also will not be able to perform well without a professionally built box (computer-designed).

Crossovers get mounted closest to your woofer and made sure to be secure, tweeters get separated. You can also have a 3-way including a mid . Proper Sound deadening is also a must along with a quality head-unit. That 8100NEX is Pioneer's flagship model.

Last edited:
it looks beautiful as is especially with the black ZHP wheels :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: just get body color matched reflectors drop it and throw on a lip :pimp:

(and maybe fix the picture) :lol:

Uploaded the pic from my phone and it's showing up fine on it, but I went to my computer and saw it was upside down haha.

I'll look into the color matched reflectors. Thanks guys.

the fronts are 235/35 the rears are 265/30

you M guys can fit a 12 inch wide rear
Nice. We can but it couldn't have low offsets unless you wanted a lot of stretch and camber. The widest Ive seen that looks good is 11.5s.

Little Meech ran 12s I think and had some crazy poke.

The brakes are ugly as **** on these cars 
mean.gif

I wouldn't paint them because then it will just bring them to attention easier 
laugh.gif

Ive got a good hook up on parts and could probably get him the StopTech kit for about $4k. I would check out the forums too for a good used set if all he is going for is looks, everyone I talked to said they aren't needed if you never track the car, thats why I didn't get them.

A harder bite and better pedal feel is always a good thing.

BBK's aren't needed for the street, as they're mostly used to handle the heat it gets exposed to when running a track. Quality calipers, pads, rotors, lines and fluid will help you stop quicker with more efficiency/less effort and also puts less stress on your brakes. Assuming you have quality tires and decent tread on dry pavement.

Once the subject or load and its velocity exceeds the maximum allowable friction force (before tipping or sliding can occur) going directly towards the direction of the tires to the pavement then it won't matter what brakes you have, you're ****** in the sense that you'll slide regardless of the bite on your rotors. Or in that jay Leno video muscle car's case, Tip over.

A harder bite and better pedal feel is always a good thing.

BBK's aren't needed for the street, as they're mostly used to handle the heat it gets exposed to when running a track. Quality calipers, pads, rotors, lines and fluid will help you stop quicker with more efficiency/less effort and also puts less stress on your brakes. Assuming you have quality tires and decent tread on dry pavement.

Once the subject or load and its velocity exceeds the maximum allowable friction force (before tipping or sliding can occur) going directly towards the direction of the tires to the pavement then it won't matter what brakes you have, you're ****** in the sense that you'll slide regardless of the bite on your rotors. Or in that jay Leno video muscle car's case, Tip over.
That's what drag racing really comes down to,too much or not enough.

Anybody wants to know what a dual Walbro450 fuel pump hanger looks like for the small price of $2k with all the plumbing and wiring kits along with -6 lines anodized lines for E85 capability(only the hanger, dual pumps and brackets are pictured)? From the one and only Radium Engineering.

Wonder who it's for. Certainly not me.

My crossovers were installed inside the door even with having the 4ch amp. I have a JL sub but i want something thats not too mainstream. Everyone out here has JL, kicker, memphis. Im looking into sundowns but hear DCs are good stuff also. Looking at http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ helps a lot for a setup.

My crossovers were installed inside the door even with having the 4ch amp. I have a JL sub but i want something thats not too mainstream. Everyone out here has JL, kicker, memphis. Im looking into sundowns but hear DCs are good stuff also. Looking at http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ helps a lot for a setup.

Don't get sundowns. If you want something less mainstream and very high quality look into Image Dynamics/Powerbass and MMatts Pro audio.

These are competition speakers, subs and amps that have won multiple world championships in whatever it is they compete in. I'm clueless to what the competitions are about and have no interest in finding out, but my builder put me on and that's all he uses.

For your OFC and terminals look into SkyHigh Car Audio and of course XS Power for your batteries.

And yes, your crossovers should get installed in your door closest to your woofer if you're running a 2 or 3-way component system.

Last edited:
My new daily

You LYNNNNNNN

[emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji] :smokin :smokin :smokin

Dude, don't play with my feelings like this. I'll never speak to you again if you're trolling me.

Son made the smartest move and probably spent less than $25k. He'll be able to sell it close to whatever he paid 4 years down the road.

Give @Dead Stokc a holler for mods, but I would look into P&L's parts. Not too familiar with the FA platform but I know they've set world records on a stock turbo with their parts. I believe he's putting down 320 to the wheels which will eat stock E9x M3's.

If you're not looking to mod it, since if something goes wrong you'll have to pay to play, leave it as is and just do some light suspension stuff like RCE yellow lowering springs and sway bar/end links. And please don't touch the exterior or put just any wheels on it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom