\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Installed some sound deading today, just did the doors for now, inside of the door skin and where the vapor barrier was.

Man what a huge difference, i was getting a lot of resonation thru the doors before, i still get noise thru the glass cause its pretty thin but its a lot better than it was for sure.

Installed some sound deading today, just did the doors for now, inside of the door skin and where the vapor barrier was.

Man what a huge difference, i was getting a lot of resonation thru the doors before, i still get noise thru the glass cause its pretty thin but its a lot better than it was for sure.

Look into some ensolite foam or something similar as well.

I still have to do my rear deck. What brand did you use?

I would highly recommend secondskinaudio.com get their Damplifier Pro and Overkill pro

Last edited:

I would highly recommend secondskinaudio.com get their Damplifier Pro and Overkill pro

I used noico and fatmat. free shipping was the determining factor since shipping would be an arm and a leg to Hawaii.

most likely gonna put some foam under the carpet after doing the interior or maybe some plush carpet.

Last edited:
Cool, already had those concepts pretty much understood.

I probably won't compound my car for a while but I'll polish in every detail and still clay whenever I see it needs it.

I used noico and fatmat. free shipping was the determining factor since shipping would be an arm and a leg to Hawaii.

most likely gonna put some foam under the carpet after doing the interior or maybe some plush carpet.

Best bang for your buck would be Raamat or something like that and ensolite foam I believe is the same maker.

You can always put another layer of higher quality stuff but just be concious of the weight you're adding (this is the concept I was taught here on NT. Truly changed my life.). If added weight isn't an issue then extra layers is always a plus. I personally just put one layer of Damplifier Pro on both inner and outer skins and ensolite foam on the outer, along with my trunk.

That's about as far as I'll go. Probably added about 15-20 lbs or so, but so worth it. Debated it a whole lot at first, though.

Ate an M4 trying to stretch on me at like 5th gear, made me catch up to him :lol:

With my box in the back that's a different story. That thing must get removed because it's heavy as ****. Probably like 60lbs or so. My builder made it nice and easy for me to take it out and reinstall it, though.

Yeah i hear second skin is GOAT in deadening. What subs/amp yall have?

you might still need to compound if you plan on claying your car often no?

Often? If it's often highly contaminated then I will be claying it often.

If it's contaminated and I'm clayying the car when necessary with proper lubrication and I still manage to get swirls on it overtime then I would assume that would be the smart thing to do.

But I'm far from an expert. Heck, I still haven't detailed my car yet since it will be bouncing around from shop to shop for the following weeks. This will also be my first detail, so it's when I put the theory to practice, learn from my mistakes and get better as I go.

Last edited:

Yeah i hear second skin is GOAT in deadening. What subs/amp yall have?

Yep. Best there is IMHO. And it's black/discreet.

We got the same brand but different models :lol: focal is the truth though :pimp: i need MOAR bass though. How big of an amp can i go before headlights start dimming? Alternator is 130amp i believe and on stock battery.

We got the same brand but different models :lol: focal is the truth though :pimp: i need MOAR bass though. How big of an amp can i go before headlights start dimming? Alternator is 130amp i believe and on stock battery.

You'll need a better main battery as well as probably a secondary. As well as a "big 3" install up front.

I run this little guy as a secondary behind my rear seats and have a 0 gauge OFC for my big 3 up front.

Look into XS Power batteries for your main. Probably like a D3400 or something. I got one a bit smaller up
front since it's like 10 lbs. lighter and more than sufficient.

You will never need to worry about voltage loss.

Last edited:
I thought it was part of the ride when I first saw it :lol:

Crowd killers almost killed jay Leno. You have no business putting power in a car that can't use it properly. Training wheels and all :smh:

Last edited:
Had my friend's new e92 m3 for almost 2 whole weeks now...can't believe he still hasn't taken it home yet :lol:

Put in his white angel eyes, got it tinted, and had his wheels painted so far. I initially told him to get a different set of wheels, but realized he had the competition package with the zcp wheels so he might as well just keep them for now. Told him to buy a cf front lip, rear diffuser, and exhaust and he'll be set. He might need to get a drop eventually to even out the front and back, but he's hesitant about doing that along with a front lip.

Anyway, I only have one pic of the car right now, but he wanted to paint the calipers blue. I told him I could do it, but the brakes on the car are almost embarrassingly small for what it is. I don't know if they'd even be that visible behind these wheels. Any of you m3 guys have any insight on that? Any other mods he should consider doing too? He wants to wrap it a satin white, but call me selfish...last time I wrapped a friend's car it took a whole weekend and I really, really don't feel like wasting a whole weekend on a car that isn't mine. Might buy him the cf hood vent thingies and the cf side vents and tell him to **** off.

rs93ic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom