\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Man I remember some civics on the street when I was 18 with no A/C(neither did mine) and with no power steering. Like really? all you got is bolt ons. What's the purpose of taking out your power steering in that case?

faster revs to the vtecs brah
I will always love Honda and VTEC but the dudes who were doing the exact thing I said were usually the ones giving the Honda game a bad name

Man I remember some civics on the street when I was 18 with no A/C(neither did mine) and with no power steering. Like really? all you got is bolt ons. What's the purpose of taking out your power steering in that case?
When youre only working with 100lb/ft of torque, every pound matters. Helps with braking and handling too.

When youre only working with 100lb/ft of torque, every pound matters. Helps with braking and handling too.
Trust me I get it and I know up and down the benefits of it. But my point being is if you haven't done some work to the motor or a turbo kit, or a pure track car, then why sacrifice your function for that little bit of weight reduction

Trust me I get it and I know up and down the benefits of it. But my point being is if you haven't done some work to the motor or a turbo kit, or a pure track car, then why sacrifice your function for that little bit of weight reduction
Probably because people who fix up those cars are on a budget and it's cheaper to reduce weight than to add power

You're missing the point. AC and power steering delete on a car with that power is silly.

You can run a FF turbo kit and run a half-rad/small *** radiator to get advantages and have no AC. Unless you're shooting for at least low 9s I would never even consider it.

I think fog mounted turbo's are cool as ****. Will I ever sacrifice drivability and have to deal with the maintenance required in order to run that setup? Hell no.

Like I said, you have full weight grocery getter's that can get your kid from school as if it were just another car. Now that's an accomplishment. Building a dragster that drives like **** will benefit nobody but you in when you're actually on the track.

Probably because people who fix up those cars are on a budget and it's cheaper to reduce weight than to add power

You're missing the point. AC and power steering delete on a car with that power is silly.

You can run a FF turbo kit and run a half-rad/small *** radiator to get advantages and have no AC. Unless you're shooting for at least low 9s I would never even consider it.

I think fog mounted turbo's are cool as ****. Will I ever sacrifice drivability and have to deal with the maintenance required in order to run that setup? Hell no.

Like I said, you have full weight grocery getter's that can get your kid from school as if it were just another car. Now that's an accomplishment. Building a dragster that drives like **** will benefit nobody but you in when you're actually on the track.

What's the point?

I disagree with that (see below)
King hit it right on the head bro. Again you are right they are working with a very low tq and want make the whip quicker but I don't see the sacrifice making the necessary progression.

Again this is coming from someone who grew up on da VTEC lol

King hit it right on the head bro. Again you are right they are working with a very low tq and want make the whip quicker but I don't see the sacrifice making the necessary progression.

Again this is coming from someone who grew up on da VTEC lol
I've owned 3 EGs of different trim levels (Si, CX, VX) and know that generation very well. I can definitely feel the difference in weight in the CX and VX compared to Si.

You dont need power steering on a 2k lb car. My CX didnt even have vtec. It was weak AF. It wouldve been terrible to have it weighed down by AC and power steering units.

There were 2 months out of a year where I wouldve loved to have AC though. Im speaking objectively.

Last edited:
You don't like AC and power steering in a car?

Might as well strip all the seats and liners, install a 10-point cage and wear racing gloves and a full suit on your way to work

I've owned 3 EGs of different trim levels (Si, CX, VX) and know that generation very well. I can definitely feel the difference in weight in the CX and VX compared to Si.

You dont need power steering on a 2k lb car. My CX didnt even have vtec. It was weak AF. It wouldve been terrible to have it weighed down by AC and power steering units.

There were 2 months out of a year where I wouldve loved to have AC though. Im speaking objectively.
People tend to have a "I'm a street racer, better strip down my car to the bare bones because I'm getting rolled on by that kid in his Integra."

If you can't add power because you're broke, don't throw away stuff unless it's a track car. For the love of god keep your PS and AC

Last edited:

People tend to have a "I'm a street racer, better strip down my car to the bare bones because I'm getting rolled on by that kid in his Integra."

If you can't add power because you're broke, don't throw away stuff unless it's a track car. For the love of god keep your PS and AC
I agree. Doesnt make the other things I brought up untrue though.

You're telling me a car with additional weight, compared to the same car with less weight and equal power is going to be slower?

It's like defying laws of physics. I refuse to believe this sort of sorcery.

Last edited:

wait til u drive a gutted car been in a few gutted civic and s chassis weight saving makes a difference around corners :smokin

summers with out ac's and parking and making u turns with out power steering is no bueno tho :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom