\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I want to buy a e36 or a e46 but im worried about ending up with a $2000+ repair bill. Any input or people with experiences?

I want to buy a e36 or a e46 but im worried about ending up with a $2000+ repair bill. Any input or people with experiences?
Really depends on the car. It isn't too bad, but there are some CCV issues and the lot. Get a ZHP or Euro M3 E36 (if you can) IMHO. 

As for maint, find a good indy, or DIY it. I rely both for my E39 (V8) and still ended up spending $1.5k+ on the CCV, oil pan gaskets, valve covers, TC tensioner, new hood because the PO loves textbook tuner matte black hoods. At least he had a $1500 CAI (lol GruppeM carbon fiber), $1000 rims and a $400 exhaust. I'm waiting for my timing chain guides to go, whereas you guys will probably be looking out for the oil pump/

My $0.02, they might be a bit expensive to get a half-neglected one in tip top shape, they're all fairly reliable and it's all worth it at the end of the day. But don't think you're going to sell the car for anything near what you've put into it. The i stands for investment.  

Last edited:
I dont mind a yearly expense of $1000-1500ish to keep the car "perfect" but i dont want that to be every 3 months and most importantly dont want to be left stranded

I dont mind a yearly expense of $1000-1500ish to keep the car "perfect" but i dont want that to be every 3 months and most importantly dont want to be left stranded
I've never been stranded, even with this cooling system made by trolls under a bridge. I'd say inspect your car, and some half yearly/yearly preventative maint.

Only thing that'll probably leave you at the side of the road is if you blow a cooling hose, which normally happens with the expansion tanks (20-40 dollars and 3 minutes) crack. These cars can run in the most broken of states (except mine lol) which is why you find junkers in not that bad condition. If something is wrong, it'll give you plenty of warning.

If you want a tank BMW, get an E34. 

Last edited:
Let me look into the e34 , thanks for the response fam
High mileage M5's fetch 10K. Valve adjustment every 15 and it's actually pretty dependable for some odd reason. I raced one on a empty road and while it doesn't have ze torque, it was catching up

540i is like the E39 version with a bit less power, less electronic gremlins, and easily can be modded to M5 levels

530i is a poor man's 540

525i\535i with some mods is fun asl 

Also avoid all slushboxes, extremely dull. 

Last edited:

High mileage M5's fetch 10K. Valve adjustment every 15 and it's actually pretty dependable for some odd reason. I raced one on a empty road and while it doesn't have ze torque, it was catching up

540i is like the E39 version with a bit less power, less electronic gremlins, and easily can be modded to M5 levels

530i is a poor man's 540

525i\535i with some mods is fun asl 

Also avoid all slushboxes, extremely dull. 
Check out this high mile M5

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/ctd/5607741217.html

Went for a run and came back to a bird dropping on my trunk, used waterless wash/quick detailer and it was on there good. After I removed it the outline of it was left :smh:, already tried claying and the marking is still there.

Crazy how fast it damaged my paint

Last edited:
That feel after you wash the car and some bird ***** on it :smh: makes me wanna take a sniper and knock all the birds heads off :lol:

I can't do anything about bird droppings whenever I'm at home. There's a huge power line and a tree with a bird nest where I park. I just washed my car on Sunday after 6 weeks of building up grime, dust, dirt, bird ish...etc

Some of the outlines of the droppings are still there :smh:

Had the chance to hit the mountains with my buddies after the fest.

da m3's natural habitat :smokin

the student driver sticker tho :lol:

Last edited:
:pimp: car company weird collaborations

I see they bringimg boats back too

Saw a BIG *** Buick this past Sunday sriving down the street. Looked pretty cool

Back
Top Bottom