\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Driving it in the 6th or 5th gear could soften the blow . Is that even save though? I haven't had a chance to drive a manual on the highway.
Good old lazy 1-3-5-6 upshifts.

easy win

and your car sounds loud

Last edited:
Driving it in the 6th or 5th gear could soften the blow . Is that even save though? I haven't had a chance to drive a manual on the highway.
Like what slicknick951 slicknick951 said, you'll have it in 6th gear (I'm assuming the brz and frs has a 6 speed manual?) when going down the highway normally, and probably turning 2-3k rpm depending what the speed limit is. Change out the gears, that 2-3k rpm becomes 3-4k rpm, and gas mileage goes downhill, as well as noise will go way up like I said earlier if you have aftermarket exhaust.

As far as is it safe, I know personally, if I did a lot of highway driving, I wouldn't want my car to be constantly turning 3-4k rpm all the time. It can't be good for it. But I don't know how bad it would be for it to be honest.

With all that being said, if you don't go on the highway very often, then I don't think the drawbacks of gears are too bad. If you DO drive on the highway a lot, I'd think long and hard about getting gears.

Last edited:
Like what @Slicknick951 said, you'll have it in 6th gear (I'm assuming the brz and frs hasa 6 speed manual?) when going down the highway normally, and probably turning 2-3k rpm depending what the speed limit is. Change out the gears, that 2-3k rpm becomes 3-4k rpm, and gas mileage goes downhill, as well as noise will go way up like I said earlier if you have aftermarket exhaust.
Honestly blast the subs and profit.  

But really I don't get this for something like a BR-Z, and I assume it's a DD? Plenty of other things he can do.

Last edited:
Like what [@=/u/37910/Slicknick951]@Slicknick951[/@] said, you'll have it in 6th gear (I'm assuming the brz and frs hasa 6 speed manual?) when going down the highway normally, and probably turning 2-3k rpm depending what the speed limit is. Change out the gears, that 2-3k rpm becomes 3-4k rpm, and gas mileage goes downhill, as well as noise will go way up like I said earlier if you have aftermarket exhaust.
Honestly blast the subs and profit.  

But really I don't get this for something like a BR-Z, and I assume it's a DD? Plenty of other things he can do.

A lot of auto cross guys do it because it helps them accelerate out of the tight turns. It really depends on what kinda driving you do i guess

Gears are the best bang for your buck mod imo. Its a must for a rwd car. Just keep in mind future mods so you get the right ratio so you dont have to pay to get another set of gears.

Gears are the best bang for your buck mod imo. Its a must for a rwd car. Just keep in mind future mods so you get the right ratio so you dont have to pay to get another set of gears.

This is what everyone who has it says.

And then there's people like @X-Alt who'll say they don't reccomend it. I also don't know what else I can do, would like to hear what you meant by that :nerd:

I only go on the highway at night, coming home from work, which is 3.5 miles on a 55mph speed limit. All other driving is city and on the way to work there is traffic (Chicago). I don't like to take my car on long trips, very rare.

My exhaust is an invidia q300, which is considered the "quietest" exhaust out of all of them, there's no drone at all.

It honestly seems like a really good mod :nerd:, the new BRZ releasing in 2017 actually has different gears also (from 4.1 to 4.3), so it seems Subaru thinks it'll work as well. This is something no one ever talks about, I feel like if it was something that was a must, more people would talk about it, though.

Last edited:

21,900 for it with 173k miles, coming in at the end of May. I didn't expect to find Skylines this cheap, now I'm reconsidering either the S2K or actually owning a Skyline.

Shoudda grabbed an auto if you have that much city driving. :lol:
Nah dude, foot exercise all day every day.

@Kevinmayne
If it's not a real high gear ratio, you might as well do it.

CAIs, lowering, saving up for a blower, etc

Last edited:
IMO, if you're going to do gears, make sure it's a significant change over stock. Otherwise you'll be disappointed. Also, I can't stress this enough. Try and find someone local that has em in the same car, to see if they're worth it to you.

Last edited:
There's some diff/rear ended that allow you to adjust the gear ratio to your preferences fairly easy and quickly

Last edited:
Side note: I'm going to be purchasing a Canon EF 24-70MM f/2.8L II lens to actually take decent pictures of my car so I can post it. Anybody have any experience or feedback on this particular lens? Have bought/rented/used? I know there are some people on here with DSLR's and have done car shoots of some sort. Any feedback is appreciated.

Side note: I'm going to be purchasing a Canon EF 24-70MM f/2.8L II lens to actually take decent pictures of my car so I can post it. Anybody have any experience or feedback on this particular lens? Have bought/rented/used? I know there are some people on here with DSLR's and have done car shoots of some sort. Any feedback is appreciated.

Check the photography thread.

I don't think you need an L lens to get pictures of cars.

Thinking about getting some spacers for the accord soon. Just gotta figure out which width I want.

Back
Top Bottom