\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

The GTO was my second dream car next to my truck. I've been after one for years but every time I get ready to reach into my pocket and cop one, I test drive it and realize the LS2 is way to inferior to a 6.1 Hemi. There's a guy that wants me to come get his LS1 GTO with 28k original miles, 1-owner for less than $10k, and the whole time I was test driving it I was like wtf is this.
LS2 inferior to a 6.1 Hemi? :lol: How did you draw that conclusion?
Srt8 hemis put out 70 more hp stock vs the ls2

^^^ I think it might only be 25hp not 70... But I didn't mean the LS2 in general because in the Vettes it works.. But if we're comparing any 06-10 SRT model to a 04-06 GTO, you'll see what I mean when you actually drive one. It looks good on paper but we're actual usable horsepower at low rpms, the transmission, suspension etc that just doesn't support and produce from the LS2 GTO platform like it should. I've been a GTO fan for years, but GM definitely dropped the ball.

Last edited:
that body gto has always looked meh to me. Looks like it should be a sedan from the 90s :lol: I mean sure it has the 6.0 blah blah blah but it doesn't do it for me

Went for a cruise in the SLS today

^^^ I think it might only be 25hp not 70... But I didn't mean the LS2 in general because in the Vettes it works.. But if we're comparing any 06-10 SRT model to a 04-06 GTO, you'll see what I mean when you actually drive one. It looks good on paper but we're actual usable horsepower at low rpms, the transmission, suspension etc that just doesn't support and produce from the LS2 GTO platform like it should. I've been a GTO fan for years, but GM definitely dropped the ball.

I actually I agree with you here. I had completely redone the suspension on my GTO. Those cars were originally designed with lighter V6's in the mid 90s. By the time we got the GTO in the states they had thrown a big V8 under the hood of a chassis that was almost a decade old. The GTO for those are familiar with it is known for it's subpar suspension components. It feels so much more composed once the suspension is upgraded but the stock parts are crap. Drive an LS3 Camaro and let us know how you feel then.

I though got the top ho at the time for the gen lll hemi was 475

Or around that way
The 6.4 makes 470 if I remember correctly but HP numbers are just a part of the equation.

that body gto has always looked meh to me. Looks like it should be a sedan from the 90s :lol: I mean sure it has the 6.0 blah blah blah but it doesn't do it for me
Yeah I got more compliments in my '13 Malibu than I did in the GTO. It's a dated design. Most people thought it was a Cavalier or a G6. It didn't draw attention until people heard it.

Last edited:
I though got the top ho at the time for the gen lll hemi was 475

Or around that way
The 6.4 makes 470 if I remember correctly but HP numbers are just a part of the equation.

Yeah I got more compliments in my '13 Malibu than I did in the GTO. It's a dated design. Most people thought it was a Cavalier or a G6. It didn't draw attention until people heard it.
the Cavalier is a smaller 4th gen camaro :lol:

Looking to pick up a 2006 - 2008 charger rt come around march, test drove one of them and fell in love instantly

Looking to pick up a 2006 - 2008 charger rt come around march, test drove one of them and fell in love instantly
Never been a fan but if you have your mind set you should go for it. Try test driving other cars too though before you make a choice. And really do your research on your car it should help you know what you should look for.

Back
Top Bottom