\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

'12 a5, dark blue so the damage is pretty clear. I'll have to check my insurance policy again. Crap like this just ruins my day. 

He thinks because you drive a hemi it can't keep up with a turbo 4 banger :lol:

I was actually pleasantly surprised because @Whatcanisay car was actually fast as hell... I never thought those cars were fast in a straight line I honestly thought they were only made for people that like to go side to side. (i.e. corners, track) :rofl:

But in regards to any other stock turbo 4 banger in general, unless you got a bigger turbo, bolt ons, and some serious tuning going on, your not blowing any hemi out the water straight from the dealer. #kanyeshrug

But I did upgrade some things so I want my rematch. He knows who he is. :evil:

Out of curiosity, do most of ya'll that have recent year luxury vehicles (Audi, BMW, Mercedes specifically) in this thread lease? Or did ya'll finance? :nerd:

-Drew

I would say from experience and from most of the people I know.... Lease

When it comes to Luxury vehicles and their depreciation...most lease to avoid being under water down the road/yet have a dope ride.. This is not the case with all vehicles tho...some cars do hold their value quite a bit.. For example.. Some M3s...and Definitely the M4 will hold their value quite high imo. If for some reason I am wrong and 3yrs down the road they are worth crap I can simply get something different and not take the hit :smokin

If I see the value being pretty steady, I can always trade it in somewhere and cop something else.. It is a Win Win for me.

Lexus surprisingly did drop in value quite a bit even considering the killer deal I got. I was very disappointed.. But at the end of the day LEASE transfers to exist and you lose nothing but your deposit unless you can negotiate that with the new lease applicant to be paid... there is a lot of ways of breaking even and not losing a penny. You just have to be patient and take the time to gather up information. The more educated you are in this, the more it will save you monthly and long term.

I appreciate the input, brother.

Reason being, I'm going to be in the market for a new car in the next year or so and just looking at my options.

I'm interested in buying the car since I would really like to keep it for the next 5 years but I would love to know the pros and cons of leasing as well.

If I were to finance a vehicle, I was looking at a 2015 Evo, 2016 WRX (or Sti if they switch to the FA20DIT), or an Audi S3.

But I feel like if I just lease the vehicle, I'd have more options to look at. :nerd:

-Drew

EVO's are being discontinued.

Should finance now if you really like that car.

And why would you want an FA20DIT in an STI?
FA25 maybe, yea.

I just saw this reply. :lol:

I should've been more specific. I would only want the STI when they replace it with an FA engine. I don't want the ringland concern that accompanies EJ257 engines.

-Drew

Or just buy a similar car that comes with forged internals :nerd:

thekid973 thekid973 you're right the Jeep will probably smoke a stock Evo/Sti i was just giving u a hard time :lol:

It aint smokin mine tho!

Last edited:
That's when you build with forged internals b :evil:

But seriously, ringland failure is far less common than what you might have read online.

That's when you build with forged internals b :evil:

But seriously, ringland failure is far less common than what you might have read online.

It may be uncommon but I saw the money that my boy threw in when his sti went caput. I don't want to have to go through that.

Interesting though, i saw somewhere that the FA20s were supposedly forged engines in the new Rex.

-Drew

Last edited:
You can always wait on the new BRZ STI as well, will probably be muchh lighter.

It's not a WRX, but still. Will most definitely have that new FA in it.
Don't want to burst your bubble, but the BRZ STI is never coming out 
frown.gif

http://www.subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?W...m_campaign=2015_NYIAS_STI_Performance_Concept

"The STI Performance Concept was developed for display purposes to announce the launch of the North American expansion of the STI brand and performance division of Subaru. There are no plans for Subaru to build or produce any production model resembling the STI Performance Concept, including a turbocharged BRZ. This is strictly a concept vehicle with a specially designed race engine prepared for track-use only."

Yea brah. Da 4g63 in the 8/9 has forged internals. Why u think we can rock 600whp on a stock block?

Last edited:
@WhatCanISay Were you asking me which car has the forged engine or which car I'm looking to get? My b, I didn't understand.

nelson999 nelson999 Didn't know the VIII & IX had da forged internals. :smokin
You know if the X does as well, bruh?

-Drew

No no the ****** is fine (unless its the 6speed MR, those suck), it's the transfer case thats weak sauce.

But i did have 400whp on my 6speed ****** and no issues. All about how much you abuse it i guess

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom