Police Kill Unarmed Teen In Ferguson, Missouri

That's a fair philosophy if the playing field is even...but blacks get charged with crimes at several time the rates whites do even if they aren't committing them at higher rates. As a lawyer you should be pretty familiar with racial sentencing disparity.

Sure, there are people who are less likely to be charged based on race, the laws of the state they're in, their neighborhood, their connections, etc. I'm not talking about whether you get caught or charged. Short of the police planting drugs on you or some other police misconduct, if you're not committing a crime, you're not committing a crime.

You need to evaluate your risk of being caught no matter what your background is. You can't just be wild about committing crimes and then complain about it and expect empathy from society when you have a record. Unfortunately, law enforcement discriminates regularly. If you appear to be a person who is of Middle Eastern descent, you will probably get hassled at the airport. If you live in a neighborhood that has a high crime rate, you are likely to be searched (and often illegally) more than if you lived in a wealthy neighborhood. If you are young, you are more likely to be hassled than if you are old. If you are a racial minority, you are more likely to be charged with crimes. The list goes on.

My point is, you need to evaluate your situation, and assess what you can or can't get away with. But if you get caught, everyone society is going to judge you and no one cares about your excuses.

Sure, there are people who are less likely to be charged based on race, the laws of the state they're in, their neighborhood, their connections, etc. I'm not talking about whether you get caught or charged. Short of the police planting drugs on you or some other police misconduct, if you're not committing a crime, you're not committing a crime.

You need to evaluate your risk of being caught no matter what your background is. You can't just be wild about committing crimes and then complain about it and expect empathy from society when you have a record. Unfortunately, law enforcement discriminates regularly. If you appear to be a person who is of Middle Eastern descent, you will probably get hassled at the airport. If you live in a neighborhood that has a high crime rate, you are likely to be searched (and often illegally) more than if you lived in a wealthy neighborhood. If you are young, you are more likely to be hassled than if you are old. If you are a racial minority, you are more likely to be charged with crimes. The list goes on.

My point is, you need to evaluate your situation, and assess what you can or can't get away with. But if you get caught, everyone society is going to judge you and no one cares about your excuses.
I got a boy who is doing 25 years (was pre-med), took a ride from his roomates cousin. Cousin stops at liquor store, robs and kills clerk, my boy is charged with murder. How can you not be empathetic to peoples past?

We put so much value in a white person, with power, who has been fired, convicted of conspiracy, and a multitude of moral shortcomings but we can't have empathy for a 'felon' because they committed a 'crime'?

You know how many asinine ways you can convicted as a felon that will ruin your life?

Shoot an intruder in your hard...FELON.

Sell drugs...FELON.

If you're not murdering, robbing folks, raping people then it shouldn't be a felony. 

I got a boy who is doing 25 years (was pre-med), took a ride from his roomates cousin. Cousin stops at liquor store, robs and kills clerk, my boy is charged with murder. How can you not be empathetic to peoples past?

We put so much value in a white person, with power, who has been fired, convicted of conspiracy, and a multitude of moral shortcomings but we can't have empathy for a 'felon' because they committed a 'crime'?

You know how many asinine ways you can convicted as a felon that will ruin your life?

Shoot an intruder in your hard...FELON.

Sell drugs...FELON.

If you're not murdering, robbing folks, raping people then it shouldn't be a felony. 

What does being fired and having moral shortcomings have to do with anything? Those aren't crimes.

What does your opinion of the the law and whether or not its "asinine" matter at all? It's the law, and if you break it, you face the consequences. I don't think our society is one where its citizens are walking around completely baffled in daily life because they are confused by what's legal vs. illegal.

Who cares about your boy? Good for him that he's locked up. Why is he putting himself in that situation? His cousin didn't have money to buy a bottle of vodka so had to kill a store clerk? Or were he and his cousin stopping in purely for the purposes of robbing a liquor store? You're acting like he's doing 25 for sitting in the car twiddling his thumbs like he hitched a ride with a stranger and is completely unaware of who is cousin is and what was going down inside the store.

Who cares about your boy? Good for him that he's locked up. Why is he putting himself in that situation? His cousin didn't have money to buy a bottle of vodka so had to kill a store clerk? Or were he and his cousin stopping in purely for the purposes of robbing a liquor store? You're acting like he's doing 25 for sitting in the car twiddling his thumbs like he hitched a ride with a stranger and is completely unaware of who is cousin is and what was going down inside the store.

Uh ohhhh...he went there :lol:

What does being fired and having moral shortcomings have to do with anything? Those aren't crimes.

What does your opinion of the the law and whether or not its "asinine" matter at all? It's the law, and if you break it, you face the consequences. I don't think our society is one where its citizens are walking around completely baffled in daily life because they are confused by what's legal vs. illegal.

Dude clearly stated his friend accepted a ride from his roommate's cousin. I don't see why it wouldn't be plausible to be completely unaware of a planned robbery if you're just expecting a ride.

Y'all gotta recognize a jimmy rustler when they hit the scene...

My man been on this same schtick forever.

I can never understand how one just gets off by the mere act of rustling, especially during a situation like this

Y'all gotta recognize a jimmy rustler when they hit the scene...

My man been on this same schtick forever.

I can never understand how one just gets off by the mere act of rustling, especially during a situation like this

You guys may be getting rustled, but I'm not trying to rustle. You guys may just be getting your panties in a bunch for whatever reason because you disagree with me.

:lol: I think some of you guys are just quick to say no one should ever go to jail. We know nothing about this situation except the below facts:

Guy gets a ride with a roommate's cousin, gets into a car, makes a stop, liquor store clerk ends up dead. Judge/jury sentences this person to 25 years in jail.

You guys are saying that it's PLAUSIBLE (i.e., "seeming reasonable or probable"), that the guy is not guilty of any crime for which the jury/judge decided that he should do 25 years in jail?

We don't know the race/background/class or anything of this person, and based on ONLY these facts, you think that it's more likely than not that this person wasn't guilty based on the three sentences that edshoecator said?

:rofl: :rofl:

I love you.

25years for just sitting in a car 100% clueless? yeah...idk about that one

Last edited:
Because it's not. And that's why he's doing 25. Because it wasn't plausible.
What a dolt.

He was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. That's it.

He was getting a ride back to USC after a game. He had no knowledge of what the cousin was going to do.

The cousin sped off after killing the clerk and was pulled over a few blocks away. He dialed 9-1-1 in his pocket and they wouldn't admit that into evidence. USC professors, and a chancellor came to testify on his behalf and they still found him guilty. No prior record, arrests, or tickets. The shooter took a plea deal and implicated him and his roommate and thats all it took.

You're just a hateful person. You wouldn't say half the **** you spew in person.

Last edited:
I've been to the liquor store with an acquaintance I met the day of. No crime committed, but the fact I drove to the store with this guy I knew little of makes me believe that it certainly is plausible.

But let's not get sidetracked anymore, back to the issue at hand...

You guys may be getting rustled, but I'm not trying to rustle. You guys may just be getting your panties in a bunch for whatever reason because you disagree with me.

:lol: I think some of you guys are just quick to say no one should ever go to jail. We know nothing about this situation except the below facts:

Guy gets a ride with a roommate's cousin, gets into a car, makes a stop, liquor store clerk ends up dead. Judge/jury sentences this person to 25 years in jail.

You guys are saying that it's PLAUSIBLE (i.e., "seeming reasonable or probable"), that the guy is not guilty of any crime for which the jury/judge decided that he should do 25 years in jail?

We don't know the race/background/class or anything of this person, and based on ONLY these facts, you think that it's more likely than not that this person wasn't guilty based on the three sentences that edshoecator said?
non rustler statement: I don't know famb.. That sounds kinda etchy... He knew what kinda person he was dealing with... But if he didn't know and got hit with 25, that really sucks.

Sometimes people get hit for stuff when they really weren't involved.

Rustler statement: I don't care about your boy! He's shouldn't have got in the car. It's all his fault. People go to jail everyday.

The playing field is even for all races. Don't know why y'all tripping.

See the difference.

You're just a rustler bro. Nothing more nothing less

Rustler statement: I don't care about your boy! He's shouldn't have got in the car. It's all his fault. People go to jail everyday.

The playing field is even for all races. Don't know why y'all tripping.

See the difference.

You're just a rustler bro. Nothing more nothing less

Well, I don't care about his boy. Why would I care about his boy? Edshoecator is a guy on the internet, and his boy is even further removed from me.

It is his fault. Who else's fault is it? Mine? People DO go to jail and prison every day.

I never said that the playing field is even. In fact, I explicitly said the opposite like five posts above.

Well, I don't care about his boy. Why would I care about his boy? Edshoecator is a guy on the internet, and his boy is even further removed from me.

It is his fault. Who else's fault is it? Mine? People DO go to jail and prison every day.

I never said that the playing field is even. In fact, I explicitly said the opposite like five posts above.
rustle harder, famb.

The quality of your rustling has took a considerable dip. It's not even believable anymore.

:lol:

Last edited:
The St. Louis County prosecutor’s office is taking an unusual approach with grand jury members who are weighing evidence against the police officer who shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown last month, experts and county officials said.

Instead of telling grand jury members what charges they believe police officer Darren Wilson  should face, they are leaving it open-ended for now and involving the grand jury as co-investigators.

The prosecutor’s office is also presenting evidence to the grand jury as soon as it receives it, rather than waiting until the St. Louis County Police Department and the FBI have completed their investigations. Police probes are typically completed before a case is presented to a grand jury, county officials said.

As a result, jurors in the Wilson case are hearing from every eyewitness, seeing every telling photo, viewing every relevant video, and reviewing all DNA, ballistics and other test results from county and FBI labs, said Ed Magee, a spokesman for county prosecutor Robert McCulloch. They will hear testimony from Dorian Johnson, the friend who was with Brown when he died, but it is unclear yet whether they will hear testimony from Wilson.

“Normally they hear from a detective or a main witness or two. That’s it,” Magee said. “This gives us an opportunity to present all of the evidence to jurors who represent St. Louis County. They will make the decision.”

Susan W. McGraugh, a criminal-defense lawyer and a professor at the Saint Louis University School of Law, said that the approach is allowed under the law and that prosecutors sometimes use it in high-profile cases.

“The prosecutor may want cover, which they can get by sharing the responsibility with the grand jury,” McGraugh said. “So when the public reacts to what does or does not happen, they can go back to the fact that the grand jury played a large role in the decision. They can say, ‘We let these jurors, who are your peers, hear what witnesses had to say. This was their decision.’ ”
Looks like McCullough trying to pardon himself from the inevitable.

Because NT is full of holier than thou, closeted racists with no empathy. Short of rape and murder, why judge the OP for being a felon?

This is how the system works in L.A. for Blacks and Browns. Yes, I have an expunged misdemeanor.

You get arrested. The reason why 2-3 squad cars respond isn't for safety, or protocol, it's to discuss, amongst each other, what trumped up charges they can pull out their 'knowledge', aka, their *****.

You ever wonder why at almost every minority arrest, the first words out their mouths is "don't resist"? That's a charge right there. They instigate a reaction so they can up charge you.  You go in thinking you're fighting a misdemeanor just to find out you have 2 felony charges, one of which you can't fight, therefore, leaving you with having to either plead down or take your chances with 12.

I was lucky enough to have been able to afford a real lawyer who was able to get most of my trumped charges thrown out, but most minorities don't have that luxury, leaving them with a PD who doesn't care about a final verdict and keeps the system rolling.

Try having empathy before you're quick to judge. (not directed to you MOE)

I know plenty of people with Felony records whose crime was having too much weed on them (personal use) who got intent to distribute charges. They were bankers, teachers, regular working folks who just smoked too much weed. 

Spitting nothing but the absolute truth my dude. Repped.

Wow... saw that on IG earlier today, didn't even think that there was a dribble of truth to it
mean.gif

Wtf

Saw that a week or 2 ago on the local news. 20 mins away from my city. This **** ain't nothing new, the devils took of the robes & gave themselves badges, squad cars, and guns. But let NT tell it if you not performing any criminal activity you shouldn't have anything to worry about :rofl: It must be LOVELY to have pale skin and live in an artificial utopia where everybody that doesn't look like you gets harassed and in a lot of cases killed by literal KKK members.

Saw that a week or 2 ago on the local news. 20 mins away from my city. This **** ain't nothing new, the devils took of the robes & gave themselves badges, squad cars, and guns. But let NT tell it if you not performing any criminal activity you shouldn't have anything to worry about
roll.gif
It must be LOVELY to have pale skin and live in an artificial utopia where everybody that doesn't look like you gets harassed and in a lot of cases killed by literal KKK members.
Yet black and browns have to answer "gang affiliation" questions. 

KKK is just a club I guess.

Back
Top Bottom