Please Lock.

It's all on Jay-Z. He literally did not lift a finger at all to help with the promotion. He figures his name attached to it is enough.

I have not seen one commercial for the fight this weekend.

DLH did do quite a bit work with WC media, and had some appearances on ESPN.  Hov literally did nothing. 

Last edited:
DLH did do quite a bit work with WC media, and had some appearances on ESPN.  Hov literally did nothing. 

What is Hov going to do? He has zero actual personality when he's not rapping. I'm sorry, great rapper, but terrible presence.

He just kind of.....is there.

Son is awkward b. And I bet his boxing IQ is sorely lacking.

Last edited:
Oscar didn't start building the fight until the week or two before the fight.

What is Hov going to do? He has zero actual personality when he's not rapping. I'm sorry, great rapper, but terrible presence.

He just kind of.....is there.

Son is awkward b. And I bet his boxing IQ is sorely lacking.

Oh I agree 100%. But, I think just showing his face in the promotion and even talking a little **** would have helped a lot. Hell, just try and get some more commercials running on cable. He literally must have forgot about the fight and at the same time pissed off a corrupt sanctioning body so much that they stripped his fighter a few days before a fight. It's been such a piss poor run operation since day 1 for him.

Kevin IoleVerified account ‏@KevinI  59m59 minutes ago
Per Mark Taffet at @hboboxing Canelo-Cotto fight did 900k on PPV. I had heard from numerous folks 625-650, but he's putting his name on it

Knew Cotto vs Canelo wasn't hitting no damn 900K buys. Barely anybody was talking about it.

Tons of bars weren't even showing the fight.

Yeah it did 900k.

HBO's Mark Taffet told Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated that the Nov. 21 fight was purchased by 900,000 homes on pay-per-view and generated $58 million in revenue. Mike Coppinger of USA Today contextualized those numbers:

Last edited:
Damn, I said 500k, but wow I'm wrong. Good job for GBPs and Canelo. It was due to Cotto's fan base as well. I don't think he'll obtain this much without a well known opponent.

And he spent half of that time trying to throw dirt on Floyd's name rather than actually promote the fight.

Oscar actually did more promoting of Ronda Rousey on the cover of Ring Magazine than he did the actual fight. :smh:

Excellent news. I'm happy the stories of the healing properties of the waters from Lake Minnetonka are true. Pac's shoulder, his cramps and his cuts from the third Marquez are all in the past. Let's hope Bob can get the stadium built.

mean.gif
 if that's true. 
 David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson  9h9 hours ago Frodsham, England
Amir Khan is prepared to fight Kell Brook at Wembley at end of May after Manny Pacquiao snubs him for a second rematch with Timothy Bradley.

Woulda rather seen Khan vs Manny and Bradley vs Brook, but I'm not necessarily mad at those fights.

Bradley was taking it to Manny the first half of their second fight but just lost steam after that. Between Manny getting older and Bradley looking renewed with Atlas, could be interesting.

Brook is probably gonna wash Khan.

Maybe it'll make a Brook Bradley fight down the line way more profitable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom