PLEASE LOCK PLEASE LOCK: GSWARRIORS '14/15 SEASON THREAD VOL. NBA CHAMPS!

Great day all around. Initially I had a flight that would prevent me from catching the nba finals, missed said flight, rescheduled to a time a few hours later with a free first class upgrade.

Spent my time going crazy at a bar inside the Portland airport and high fiving fellow dubs fans.

Just got back from the viewing party. Crazy how loud it was especially for just that, a viewing party. Almost cried during the trophy ceremony, had to fight it but I'll probably let it all out once I'm all alone watching the replays.

Team store inside oracle was just crazy. Longest lines I've ever seen and they finally said eff it and closed off the one downstairs. Ended up getting shirts at sports authority close by but they didn't have the hats.

Gonna be waking up early tomorrow to grab a few copies of the chronicle and maybe try for the hats at sports authority. They said they'll be open at 7am (that particular one in the east bay told me so I'm assuming most of em too)

It wasn't that long ago where this thread would be hundreds of pages deep with just the regulars and nonsense discussions and finally end up being a sharks post season thread. I'm glad to have shared this journey with everyone of you :nthat:

WE THE CHAMPS BABY!

Now all there's left is for the Niners to win a SuperBowl and the Bay Area will establish has one of the best cities/areas for pro sports teams and franchises. Niners win and my adult sports fan life would be completed and would honestly be able to say I got to witness all my home teams win while I was alive and huge on sports. My
2mdi8u9.jpg

Went to DicksSporting Goods in Daly City. Got there with 30 seconds left.

@Luong1209 - had to get one for Anthony

They have more of them in stock at that store? Because if they do I might as well cancel my NBA store order and go there instead.

the viewing party was something else. simply magical. can't wait for friday omgggg. 

11410355_1614918798750612_990074819_n.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats fellas ya'll definitely deserved it. Best team from game 1 of the season to the last in the Finals. Don't think you guys realize how impressive and important this title is. For one you did it with an ELITE PG being your best player and MVP which basically hasn't ever happened outside of Isaiah 30 years ago, ya'll won with a 6 8' forward playing center who is a facilitator and a floor spacer 1st defensive gritty glue guy 2nd, you did it with a deep team who all brought into the fast paced floor spacing system, and on top of that you did it against the NBA's golden boy. To say i'm impressed is a understatement and the NBA will try their best to emulate the formula and try to get the same results. Don't pay any attention to the media and their excuses for Lebron the Warriors would've won in 5 with Love and Kyrie playing because of their piss poor defense and lack of rebounding. You guys EARNED IT and beat a team who was up 2-1 and from what I can rememeber didn't hear how much help he needed than. Congrats GS Warriors and their loyal and knowledgeable fans !

I haven't really posted in the Season threads anymore but man this is definitely surreal like a lot of you have mentioned.

Me and some of my fellas were just reminiscing about all the horrible seasons we've witnessed and to just think how far the organization has come is just...i can't even put into words. We went from thinking Larry Hughes might be our "star" after that trade was made to now having a REAL star and being WORLD CHAMPS!!!

Like many, I never thought I would experience a championship after living practically my whole life not ever seeing them make the playoffs until We Believe.

This is crazy!!!

Salute y'all!

Congrats Dubs 
pimp.gif

Yall have been my second favorite team ever since you signed David Lee from us in 2010. Even after witnessing Curry go one pick before us in person at the 09 draft. Just a great all around team. Couldn't be happier for my boy Lee, Curry, and the long suffering Dubs fans as well. Must be a surreal feeling after experiencing pretty much consistent suffering and losing. I know the suffering too well. Must make it feel that much better. I just hope that us Knicks fans get to experience something like that sometime soon 
tired.gif

Interesting read from Bill Simmons in 2012 that I re-stumbled upon today. Yall should be extremely proud of where you have come since. Really gotta hand it to Lacob for sticking to the plan and his gut, despite all the criticism he was getting at the time.

http://grantland.com/features/how-annoy-fan-base-60-easy-steps/

Back
Top Bottom