Please Delete

good find.
pimp.gif

Get in touch with Dr. Phil's son. He is louis vuitton crazy. That is one of the best finds i've ever seen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thats a hell of a find.. i cant wait to hear what LV tells you...im sure they are gonna want to buy it.. the guy you bought it from is gonna be mad when heopens up the newspaper and reads the story about how LV cut you a big ol check on this trunk u bought at a sale for 50 bones
laugh.gif

Via AmourCouture on TPF:

Hi there! One of the lovely ladies sent me a PM because I am one of our trunk lovers!
wink.gif

So, you found a TRUNK! First off, congrats! I hunt for these all the time at estate sales and never have had that kind of luck.

OK, so I will give my opinion but in order to help more I need you to take your trunk outside and take photos of it in the natural light, preferably on a cloudy day or in mild shade. Need to see all angles, the handles, and most importantly the covering on the trunk.

This is a car trunk designed for a Motobloc, which was a car company in the early 1900's in france. Hence the marking loosely translates to "Tour the world, via Motobloc". That dates your trunk to 1902-1931, but by the looks of it I would say it is 1920-1930. The stencil on it was done by LV and not be the owner, so that makes me think that this trunk not painted but actually came that way. The Monogram canvas trunks and other rare colors (Orange Vuittonite, Damier, Grey, Stripe) hold their value much more than the solid black trunks do.

Unfortunately I do not see a serial number next to the interior label. IF you can find one then LV will be able to help eventually, but if you can't then you are out of luck. If you go to the LV website you can submit photos and the serial number for them to look through their records, but because they haven't put everything into a database they have to look through their paper records. They usually estimate 6 months for a response. I know...UGG!

The value of the trunk is going to vary based on what market you try to sell it. If you spend the money to have a professional antiques appraiser look at it (I don't recommend this) they will base their appraisal on what you would get if you sold it at a high end antique market in NY or LA. Realistically if you sold it on eBay or live auction I would see it going for $1,000-$2000 unless you get a really special buyer who may be into vintage cars. If you consign it at a high end antique gallery in a large city I would price it at $3500. Actual value of the trunk is probably double that for insurance purposes, but because of it being solid black, having mold and water damage to the inside, with no serial number I don't see if taking that much.

I am sure you still got a great deal!
yahoo.gif

If you have any questions you can feel free to ask here or you can send me a private message after 5 days and once you get your post count up.

ETA: If it helps any take a look at my collection thread near the end of the last trunk I purchased (click picture below my post). Mine was painted black (not by LV) but the interior was in perfect condition, ect. It went for 2k, and only because I know there is monogram canvas underneath and I am stripping the paint off as we speak.

Originally Posted by know polish

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

I don't understand antiques all I see is an old box with some words painted on it.
Yup in my white tee.

roll.gif

I lol'd at work...

but seriously... i think you should hold on to it no matter what the worth is...
if its worth a lot today... how much more do u think it'll be worth in 10 years, 20 years, etc.

good find though.. that trunk is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

This Trunk is fake right? Not real Louis Vuitton....no wonder he paid 50 bucks for it.
pimp.gif
You know Canal St. been popping since the 1800s.

nice find?? looks like a busted up vintage trunk to me... slap a name on something and its all of a sudden nice?? weirdddd

???? "Team Vintage Heat" and you don't understand how this thing could be valuable? "looks like some busted up old shoes to me..."

dude, if you're seriously thinking of keeping it for a while, you better ask an expert on how to preserve it's current condition.

its an antique already and if you store it @ the wrong places, that box might just turn into a mold-box soon.

if I were you I'd just let it go for 3gs or so.

Originally Posted by soleful247

Thanks everyone. I paid $50 for it.

He literally said, "I want $50 for that, that things old."

Shot him $50 and was on my way.

It's funny, I get tons of responses on 2 sneaker boards, while at the same time, the 3 purse boards i posted it on hasn't commented for sht.

son you are thirsty.

Back
Top Bottom