Please Delete

Originally Posted by sn00pee

i remember watching a documentary on LV, made me appreciate LV even more
pimp.gif

but no classic monogram, no $$$ IMO

The monogram has only been around since 1896. My family has some OLD Vuitton trunks somewhere, one dating back to 1858 (the first flat bottom trunks that youcould stack). I know my grandmother got some crazy offers for them before she died, but wanted to keep them in the family. I think she lent one to LV thoughfor displaybefore they remodeled the Paris store. It's been a while since I've seen them though, so I can't really help you out cause I don'tremember the detailing on them and things changed more in shorter periods of time back then as a small company so you'd really need someone with a goodhistory. I'd suggest taking it to your nearest store for authentication and even then you'll likely have trouble unless you're close to a big (SF,NY, Vegas, LA, etc) store where there MIGHT be someone with a lot of knowledge.

this could really go both ways....either it's actually worth some money or it's not worth @!@$ and you got ripped off. for me when i usually think ifound something worth value turns out it's not worth anything but maybe you got lucky with it...

i'd say throw it on ebay and see what you get anyway....what would you do with a dirty wooden box anyway?

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

you should try emailing LV...i'm sure you can find some type of Customer Service thing on their site...
if you contact them, ask about authenticity and information/background NOT price/value, that rubs them the wrong way

After painfully going through the Top 5 American Icons thread I'm just waiting for someone to say, "Take it to the National History Museum!Def!!!!"

...but great find, best of luck to you getting it appraised and getting good $ for it. Personally? I'd hold onto it a few years, that thing is slick ashell.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Update?

No update yet. The appraiser's said it may take a few weeks even. Waiting game till then. But this was very interesting, I found an old photo on Google,look inside the car, you'll see it... It'd be adream come true if they were to tell me, "Hey, your trunk is that SAME exact one in the photo, you know why? Because it is a 1 of 1. Name yourprice." ^ That's best case scenario of course.. but hell, it's nice to dream.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

^hopefully, good luck.

also, how do you goto these kinds of sales?

I would also like to know where I can find out about these sales.

$50?!?

NICE come up Kid
pimp.gif

Honestly, Id save it and let the Value go up and UP....unless you really need the Money...

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

$50?!?

NICE come up Kid
pimp.gif

Honestly, Id save it and let the Value go up and UP....unless you really need the Money...

Thanks. Yeah, my thinking is simple. If it's worth $1-$10,000, I'll keep it. If it's worth more than $10K, I'd like to sell it.

Back
Top Bottom