PLAYSTATION NETWORK CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT.. is it this serious? I guess so... UPDATED PG 1

I mean my credit card information is out now thanks to their weak security. And who cares if its free. We all paid for our ps3 and psn is included. So technically it isn't free.

If a bank had a bunch of customers with free checking get hacked better believe there would be a lawsuit.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

I mean my credit card information is out now thanks to their weak security. And who cares if its free. We all paid for our ps3 and psn is included. So technically it isn't free.

If a bank had a bunch of customers with free checking get hacked better believe there would be a lawsuit.

prove it

on top of that, psn is free, they could cut it off forever starting tomorrow and wouldnt owe you anything, also not everyone who owns a ps3 is entitled to psn, access is allowed based on agreeing to terms and conditions

lastly, what does sony owe you for?  fraudulent charges that youre not responsible for anyway?

prove it

on top of that, psn is free, they could cut it off forever starting tomorrow and wouldnt owe you anything, also not everyone who owns a ps3 is entitled to psn, access is allowed based on agreeing to terms and conditions

lastly, what does sony owe you for?  fraudulent charges that youre not responsible for anyway?

PlayStation Network Down: Sony Execs Apology Won't Stop Profit Plummet
May 01, 2011 05:50 PM EDT
The Sony PlayStation Network is still down. While many had been upset that there had been no apology as this mess has gone on, they can rest easy knowing that the Sony execs actually apologized at their press conference. Of course, this apology, which may have been too little too late, likely won't stop Sony's profits from plummeting.

The executives actually bowed in apology, and they explained that the cost of winning back customer's trust in the PSN will actually cut into profits. Part of this is a "Welcome Back" program for PS3 owners, which could prove costly since there were 77 million accounts affected by the hack.

Shares of Sony are at their lowest point in two years, and they are actually expected to fall even more as news of the PlayStation Network hack is expected to hit profits.

The PS3 PSN is a huge earner for Sony over its traditional electronics, so it seems vital for the company that they get this back up and running and restore consumer confidence in order to bring profits back up. Surely, this major hack can't be the end for the PS3, can it? It probably won't be, but it has certainly been a nightmare for the company as well as the tens of millions of users who were affected.

http://technology.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979281685

PlayStation Network Down: Sony Execs Apology Won't Stop Profit Plummet
May 01, 2011 05:50 PM EDT
The Sony PlayStation Network is still down. While many had been upset that there had been no apology as this mess has gone on, they can rest easy knowing that the Sony execs actually apologized at their press conference. Of course, this apology, which may have been too little too late, likely won't stop Sony's profits from plummeting.

The executives actually bowed in apology, and they explained that the cost of winning back customer's trust in the PSN will actually cut into profits. Part of this is a "Welcome Back" program for PS3 owners, which could prove costly since there were 77 million accounts affected by the hack.

Shares of Sony are at their lowest point in two years, and they are actually expected to fall even more as news of the PlayStation Network hack is expected to hit profits.

The PS3 PSN is a huge earner for Sony over its traditional electronics, so it seems vital for the company that they get this back up and running and restore consumer confidence in order to bring profits back up. Surely, this major hack can't be the end for the PS3, can it? It probably won't be, but it has certainly been a nightmare for the company as well as the tens of millions of users who were affected.

http://technology.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979281685

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

prove it

Bruh, I got an email from Sony saying my info is now out and watch my account like a hawk. I'm not all amped up like I'm going to get money off this. But if a lawsuit comes up I wouldn't object. When I bought stuff off the store I figured they would do their best to keep my data private.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

prove it

Bruh, I got an email from Sony saying my info is now out and watch my account like a hawk. I'm not all amped up like I'm going to get money off this. But if a lawsuit comes up I wouldn't object. When I bought stuff off the store I figured they would do their best to keep my data private.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

Originally Posted by Too Steez

xbox for the win.

indifferent.gif

2w2les5.gif

Small wonder .gif?!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Why do people trip off credit card info?! Just call the bank and tell them you ain't make the charge. They'll credit you back and send a new card. Or you can request a new card now. And there's always a chance unless you use straight cash for everything.

Why do people trip off credit card info?! Just call the bank and tell them you ain't make the charge. They'll credit you back and send a new card. Or you can request a new card now. And there's always a chance unless you use straight cash for everything.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

you have to do all that because someone else %$*%%+ up...

you have to do all that because someone else %$*%%+ up...

You act like that isn't a hassle. 

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

word, then sometimes they don't believe you.

Its really not.  It takes like 10 minutes max, and I bet none of your cards get used.

Its really not.  It takes like 10 minutes max, and I bet none of your cards get used.

Back
Top Bottom