Planning a Trip to Seattle! SUGGESTIONS?!

I'm digging this one out, anyone got good food tips for Seattle? I've been a few times but wanted to try something new. Maybe a hidden gem in the ID?
Thanks
Well what have you tried?

I enjoyed

Salty’s on Alki

Ivar’s Seafood Bar (But I would just go to the "Fast Food" stand down the street from it)

I use Light Rail on a regular basis because I work downtown Seattle. Depending on what part of the city you’re going, I’d say it’s cheaper, faster (during rush hours), and better than grabbing an UBER/Taxi if your destination is within walking distance of the stations. There’s also a crapload of car share companies like ZipCar or Reach Now where you can drive cars by the minute.

If you’re downtown without your luggage and want to explore, LimeBikes (bike share) are great to ride and are about $1 for 30 minutes (I believe). They’re all over, some with motorized assistance, especially the waterfront.
I enjoyed using the light rail system.

When I went, I stayed by the Airport. Hotel was within a 15 minute walk to the station and was able to get wherever I wanted to get to. (I also rented a car since I drove to Vancouver last in my stay).

But thanks again

Well what have you tried?

I enjoyed

Salty’s on Alki

Ivar’s Seafood Bar (But I would just go to the "Fast Food" stand down the street from it)

I've done Il Corvo (lunch pasta - real good), Umi Sake, Japonessa, Paseo, FOB Poke, Stateside, Toulouse Petit, a few steakhouses too.
Tempted to do Din Tai Fung but i'm sure there are some more authentic ones (not chains), want to give Tsukushinbo a try and maybe Maneki.

One of my favorite restaurants I have ever dined at is the restaurant in the Edgewater, a must visit IMO. The hotel is built on a pier over the water, it may be too cold now but the views during sunset on the 'patio' are incredible.

https://www.edgewaterhotel.com/seattle-six-seven-restaurant.aspx

Edit: The other place i wanted to try next time im out there is Dicks Drive In for burgers. Saw it on a vice food special and it looked like an awesome place for old school burgers.

One of my favorite restaurants I have ever dined at is the restaurant in the Edgewater, a must visit IMO. The hotel is built on a pier over the water, it may be too cold now but the views during sunset on the 'patio' are incredible.

https://www.edgewaterhotel.com/seattle-six-seven-restaurant.aspx

Edit: The other place i wanted to try next time im out there is Dicks Drive In for burgers. Saw it on a vice food special and it looked like an awesome place for old school burgers.

Thanks for the tip on Edgewater.
Not sure on Dicks Drive In, heard good things about Woody's Burger Shack though

Thanks for the tip on Edgewater.
Not sure on Dicks Drive In, heard good things about Woody's Burger Shack though
Dicks drive in is worth a try since they're open late too it could just be a snack:lol: another burger spot is Red Mill
Some other restaurants I'd recommend: Kedai Makan, Un Bien, Rainier Restaurant & BBQ, the Pink Door, Metropolitan Grill, Jak's Grill
check em out on Yelp and if you're looking for something specific let me know

I've done Il Corvo (lunch pasta - real good), Umi Sake, Japonessa, Paseo, FOB Poke, Stateside, Toulouse Petit, a few steakhouses too.
Tempted to do Din Tai Fung but i'm sure there are some more authentic ones (not chains), want to give Tsukushinbo a try and maybe Maneki.
I like Tsukushinbo over Maneki

There's the Dough Zone in China Town, but i like Din Tai Fung better.
The Matador - GOAT Happy Hour
Crawfish House
Bok A Bok Fried Chicken
Ma'ono

Can't go wrong with Din Tai Fung or Doughzone. The reason I like Doughzone, in Chinatown specifically, is you can put yourself in line for seating online. They give live updates of how many parties are ahead of you, so you can go to Oasis for Bubble Tea or walk around ID, or Uwajimya across the street, to kill time. Doughzone's XLB are good, but the sleeper is their Q-Bao which is similar to shenjian baos (panfried dumplings). Tsukushinbo's lunch specials were legendary but I think they only open for dinner now. an ID sleeper is Henry's Taiwanese during lunch. Their Porkchop lunch special is really good and like $9. If you go toward little Saigon, Hue Ky Mi Gia has good egg noodle soup and their butter wings are pretty good. Pho Bac Sup Shop is pretty good too.

Il Corvo is literally a couple blocks down from where I work, I actually haven't been but the Korean joint around the corner (Commissary Kitchen) is good. For Italian Sandwiches, I'd recommend Salumi which recently moved a couple blocks down but the Porchetta, Lamb, or Salumi Salami sandwiches are amazing. Tat's Deli isn't bad for a sandwich option if you're in Pioneer Square either. One of my go-to spots in Pioneer Square is Piroshky on 3rd, piroshkies are fire there but their lunch dishes don't disappoint for quick affordable options. Katsu Chicken, Chicken Meatloaf, and the Chicken Pot Pie are all personal favorites.

Bok Bok in Capitol Hill has pretty good happy hour specials. If in Cap Hill, you have TONS of options. Ma'Ono overall is solid, but if you just want a chicken sandwich and kimchi mac and cheese, their location inside the Rachel's Ginger Beer at both U Village and Cap Hill serve it. For fried chicken in general, I like Sisters and Brothers in Georgetown which is Nashville style.

In regards to Salty's, the brunch buffet is pretty good but pricey. However, you can't beat that brunch spread and view on a nice day.

As a Seattleite that also lived in Cali for over a decade and recently moved back I'll be honest with yall, ****'s isn't great (In-N-Out and Shake Shack is better, don't @ me) . If you need a quick/cheap bite and there's one nearby, it's not a bad option. However, I wouldn't go out of my way for it, ****'s honestly is an establishment that holds sentimental value for a lot of locals. If you're not far from South Park, try that burger at Loretta's Northwestern, have a drink, and walk two doors down to South Town Pie for a slice and another drink.

It's cold as heck right now, but I think the hip scenic drinking lounges are M Bar and Fog Room. They actually have blankets at M Bar that they offer to customers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom